FYI: PCF Upgrade

Site Admin
Admin
Thanks for your patience during the (longer than expected) forum downtime.

Maintenance was required on the host server, so the opportunity was taken to perform comprehensive backups of all forum data and files, and to upgrade the forum software to the latest version.

A new add-on has been installed that limits the number of reactions members can give per day.
In addition, members who submitted a large number of reactions in the past few days have had their reactions deleted.
Also, all references to (and display of) Reaction Score have been removed.

Please report any unusual forum software behavior or bugs in this thread.

***EDIT***

Added a feature that allows members to lock (and unlock) their own threads in Trading forum sections, for example when an item has been sold.

index.php

Last edited:
A new add-on has been installed that limits the number of reactions members can give per day.
Also, all references to (and display of) Reaction Score have been removed.

At this point why not just get rid of it all together then?

Limiting the number of interactions is the best compromise imo, getting feedback is very useful, be it positive or negative, especially on tutorials and on other helpful info threads / topics.
Thanks!

At this point why not just get rid of it all together then?
The primary purpose of the Reactions system is still intact (the ability for members to quickly react to a thread or post without having to post a very short reply), while the undesirable aspects of the system have been removed (incentives to accumulate Reactions Score, and/or "game" the Reactions Score system).

It was mentioned that even after the removal of fake accounts, the negative consequences remain in the instance, did you fix that?

It was mentioned that even after the removal of fake accounts, the negative consequences remain in the instance, did you fix that?
I'm not sure what you mean by "the negative consequences remain in the instance".

Even after banning fake accounts, the dislikes ones remain. That was the main point of the dispute the day before.

Quite honestly, I never even knew it existed till the other day, after years ago rep system was dissolved .\, so I never gave it another thought.

If you are basing your life on a "like" or 'dislike' affirmation of strangers on a forum, I feel really bad for you.

That sounds sweat and neat

Quite honestly, I never even knew it existed till the other day, after years ago rep system was dissolved .\, so I never gave it another thought.

If you are basing your life on a "like" or 'dislike' affirmation of strangers on a forum, I feel really bad for you.

You are very right... the problem was very fussy.

Even after banning fake accounts, the dislikes ones remain. That was the main point of the dispute the day before.
I have now removed Reactions for duplicate accounts that were banned in the past couple of days.
Please contact me via private message if you have a specific member in mind.

711, top notch work. This is how the forum should have been when we got the reaction score. On the hopes that pcf can be even better place for its users. There was some discussion last night on entropia discord about the forum rule not allowing a username change. Is there some particular reason for sticking to this rule in 2021? Surely it's reasonable to allow a one time username change to avatar nickname upon verification? I think people would even be willing to pay for that with a small fee.

index.php

Just a thing I noticed...

I think we should be able to change our names if it doesn’t match our avatar. But I’m bias and want to change my name ?

I think we should be able to change our names if it doesn’t match our avatar. But I’m bias and want to change my name ?
Is that you, neomaven? ?

Good that we can now close our threads

here was some discussion last night on entropia discord about the forum rule not allowing a username change. Is there some particular reason for sticking to this rule in 2021? Surely it's reasonable to allow a one time username change to avatar nickname upon verification? I think people would even be willing to pay for that with a small fee.

Please see the following thread:

PlanetCalypsoForum's policy regarding username changes

Yep and that rule is outdated and should be rethought. Look at when the post was made.

Yep and that rule is outdated and should be rethought. Look at when the post was made.
The rationale explained in that thread has not changed:
Entropia Universe is still a real-cash economy game, and thus community identities are a very important part of helping to prevent scams, fraud, harassment, etc.

Entropia Universe is still a real-cash economy game, and thus community identities are a very important part of helping to prevent scams, fraud, harassment, etc.

I counter that, having my forum identity match my in game helps prevent scams. As it stands I have 2 identities, which could be leveraged for personal gain.

Added a feature that allows members to lock (and unlock) their own threads in Trading forum sections, for example when an item has been sold.
Thank you! Both of these features greatly enhance my forum experience.

I think what he's trying to say is he wants his Entropia name to be parallel with his forum name and thats why he wants to change it because they dont match...at least thats how i understand what he's saying therefore he's trying to make things more parallel and consistent lol which is what MA true intentions are for this policy

*Edit*
IE:
Example #1
EU: Ace FireFist Williams
Forum: Firefist

Parrallel enough imo and others i think would feel the same

Now idk him but, im assuming his is something like
Example #2
EU: Ace FireFist Williams
Forum: Engel

Doesn't make sense on who your talking to and what I understand is he wants his to be like example 1 not example 2 anymore

Last edited:
I totally agree that frivolous name changes should not be allowed as can muddy the waters, which could lead to scams, alts etc
But a one time only name change in forum to 'match exactly' the in game avatar name would help prevent scams, make alt accounts much more visible, and perhaps allow for a mod check on new posts from new members, before they show on the forum.

Just because a rule was made years ago, and with good intentions does not mean it is set in stone and should never be revised.
If that were true we would all have to drive our cars at walking pace led by a man with a red flag.

I had my forum name change like 10 years ago, but I used a RL name in-game, and partially here in forum, so I was allowed a change by MA, therefore 711 also allowed a change here in forum.

I think if a person wants to change their name to match in-game name, this should be welcomed (If this person is active and has like lets say 100+ posts to not be having totally new ppl asking for a change all the time).

A few of them are still there, but most are out, which is great news. :) Nice new update!

RE the name changes, I agree with the sentiments above, than name changes in general should not be allowed, but absolutely encouraged if its to change your name to your actual in game name.

Back