PE Assistant

Status
Actually, Program File(x86) is used because you have a 64 bit version of Windows. As the game is 32 bit it is installed in this directory instead of the Program Files one. This was true of previous 64 bit Windows versions.

I still use PEAssist (I play in windowed mode) for the notepad and calculator functions, and haven't had any errors for a very long time now.
The program doesn't care what folder EU is in, as long as PEAssist is in the same one. So in my case it's in C:/Program Files (x86)/Entropia Universe/bin32. ie where the Entropia.exe file is located.

Note that you may have to tell your antivirus program to exclude one of the files (I think it was the ClientLoader.exe file), otherwise it will crash the login screen when PEAssist tries to load at the same time.

I just tried it . I used to use this back in the day and loved it . Unfortunately when the program is running Entropia will not start.

Shame...

Using it right now .. if EU won't start, it's because your antivirus program is blocking the call from the Launch button on the client loader to where PEAssist toolbar loads with the login screen.

I use Bitdefender .. I just kept adding to the excluded files and processes til it worked :)

I guess I should have taken out the ones that didn't work as now I can't really recall if it was ClientLoader.exe or Entropia.exe, or if it was the file or process that had to be excluded.

ah ok thanks for that , might have a mess about over the weekend .
I use AVG so I guess that behaves in the same way .

Once I find an application that I like, I really really hate to give it up :D

Nightwolf did have a crack at an open-source update for PEAssist, but I dont think they got a working version going. Link to project on SourceForge.

windows 7 update?

Hi all,

has any one been able to get this running with Windows 7? im getting some issues when trying to run fast trade.

load fast trade then connect to entropia after, gets to login screen then freezes, ALT+Tab back to the desktop to find 5-6 or maybe more pop ups saying cannot find the windows.ini file.

is there any one that can help me out please?

Many Thanks

Chron

Having just put PEAssist on my lappy, to make it work I can confirm you need to:

1. Install it in the folder ..Entropia Universe > bin32
2. One subfolder will be > Settings. Right-click the folder and select Properties. On the Security tab, select Users in the upper window, clik the Edit... button, and then tick the Modify box in the lower window, then OK button. This stops the 'Cannot write to Windows.ini' error message.
3. In your anti-virus program, exclude the process ....\entropia universe\bin32\entropia.exe. This stops the client-loader hanging when trying to start.
4. Start PEAssist and right-clik in the system tray, select Options. Ensure all options are unticked. While you've got that open you might as well select the modules to load too (for eg. I only use the notes and calculator).

I have windows xp and not those folder options you discribed...cant get it to work.

Infinity said:
not those folder options you discribed...cant get it to work.

I just had a look at an xp system.
you need to right clik the folder, down the bottom of the menuwindow is 'Properties'.
select that, and then look for the Security tab
select that tab, then look for your user account (or administrator) in the top 1/2 of the window.
select that, then look at the list of permissions in the bottom 1/2 of the window.
you need to have the 'modify' box ticked. if it isnt, clik the 'advanced' button, and then edit the permissions in the next window that comes up

Last edited:
Bump for PE assistant :cool:
Best tool we HAD, much better now but brings back memories haha

Status
Back