PE Assistant

Status
Anything ....??? And about the icon for it ?

I'm working on getting the small things working, like the Launcher - which is in a semi-usable state right now :D I should be able to post some screens "soon"

(Soon: Copyright 2007-2009 Nytewolf Creations, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Nytewolf Creations and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Nytewolf Creations does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Nytewolf Creations will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon.")

Anything ....???
Patience, It's a virtue ;)
Rome wasn't built in a day :laugh:

Seriously though, I've hit a wall with EU's memory manager. Half of the program works, regardless. Just not the FullScreen half :mad: ... :laugh:

Heck, I've even tried a 3rd party Crysis overlay... :rolleyes: Which didn't work :rolleyes:

And about the icon for it ?
Slipped my mind - I've been too busy with work, so much to organise, and the boss is on holiday in the eastern states, so the pressure is on... :(

- Nightwolf

Yeah I'm having the same issue still.

Looking at another way to implement ElHijack(tm). Just a Q though, which ones of you are using d3d9 and which ones are using d3d10 ?

Last edited:
NW wanna ask you about this bit here:

Web Browser (with more features than the PEAss version)

Will we be able to use diferrent internet browsers rather than IE, like firefox, chome, opera? Will there be an option to link any internet browser exe, with corresponding icon for that particulate browser, to be used with PAss in full screen? The only thing that i didnt like about the old PEass is that it used IE, would love to see a bit more options in the new one.
Will start making new icons for your app. Thank you for your effort NW. Keep up the good work.

NW wanna ask you about this bit here:

Will we be able to use diferrent internet browsers rather than IE, like firefox, chome, opera? Will there be an option to link any internet browser exe, with corresponding icon for that particulate browser, to be used with PAss in full screen? The only thing that i didnt like about the old PEass is that it used IE, would love to see a bit more options in the new one.
Will start making new icons for your app. Thank you for your effort NW. Keep up the good work.
At the moment both EUAssistant WindowMode and the beginnings of the FullScreen Mode use IE, as a design choice, but I will add an option to launch other browsers when run in Window mode. I'll add the task to my tracker.

IE was my pet hate with PEAss :laugh:

Edit: Mozilla/Opera may be a tad tricky to implement on a fullscreen directx surface, I've yet to see _any working_ implementations of this in related projects. I'll keep looking though...

Edit 2: A little something is in the works. I have acquired some code for running firefox in a window like IE does in PEAss. Thankfully it was a freebie.

Edit 3: The Opera SDK costs money, which I don't have (enough of) - I've added to the Wiki about the Firefox browser addition and what it will mean for you, the user ;)

- Nightwolf

Last edited:
Are you there yet Nightwolf? ;)

:laugh:

wow this thread was made in '05 and its still active.

I mostly just post stuff to the bug tracker :laugh: , just added a few more issues for Nightwolf to look at as well as tasks to do. ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong but are you guys really trying to get PE-Ass to work after VU10.0 ?? Please say yes cause I miss it so much!
I've checked the webpage and last updated news was from september 2007 so I gave up.

For those of us who don't want to read all pages in this topic, from what I understand now there are going to be 2 PEAss's functional with EU version 10?

For those of us who don't want to read all pages in this topic, from what I understand now there are going to be 2 PEAss's functional with EU version 10?
Yes - Kind of, EUAss is/was designed to REPLACE PEAss, since users report issues running PEAss with VU10+ on Vista/7/etc...

Okay, so Chainfire is not going to re-release PEAss, and someone is designing a new program, EUAss, to take its place, gotcha. Thank you.

I thought EUAss died?

Bump. Anybody know if this is still working? Any information to get it to work would be helpful. Especially info about stage you're currently at. thanks.

The ON SCREEN notepad, calculator, map with possibility to put your notes on, internet surfing ...
That was a hell of a great add on for PE and I really wish that someone with the skills would copy it and make it work for modern times.

^^

Bump. Anybody know if this is still working? Any information to get it to work would be helpful. Especially info about stage you're currently at. thanks.

I still use PEAssistant, although I understand it only works in windowed mode.
(That's ok with me, as that's how I play anyway.)

How did you get it to work? It doesn't work at all for me.

The PEAssLoader.exe and associated files have to be in your Entropia Universe/bin32 folder - (ie where the ClientLoader.exe file for EU is), together with the PEAss folder.

The PEAss/Settings folder needs to have write permission enabled for the user .. you might need to change this in the Settings Properties for the folder, if not enabled. (Win7 doesnt seem too keen on this as it's within the Program Files folder group.)

Other than that, I dont think I did anything too special.

You should see the toolbar appear when you open the EU login screen. If you don't, PEAss isnt working.

Post any errors you get, and I'll see if they ring a bell, it's been a fair while since I last installed it :)

The one error I get is "Unable to write to C:\Program Files(x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\PEAss\settings\Windows.INI"

So then I'll try rightclicking and running as administrator I'll edit this post later and let you know how it goes

Edit: Yep, still getting that error

Actually, it runs, but that error pops up about every 5 seconds and is really annoying

The one error I get is "Unable to write to C:\Program Files(x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\PEAss\settings\Windows.INI"..
Actually, it runs, but that error pops up about every 5 seconds and is really annoying

I think all that's in there is just the dimensions for the windows it creates.

I do get that error occasionally, maybe once a day. No idea why :) It's not enough of a bother to stop me using PEA.

it pops up about every 5 seconds. XD

do people still use this?

Windows 7 Version?

Has there been any update on this to work with Windows 7?

windows 7 doesn't create the Entropia Universe Directory in normal Program Files but instead in (Program Files(x86)) i have checked at the end of the directory and it doesnt include the Windows.INI file.

Many Thanks
Ginger.

The one error I get is "Unable to write to C:\Program Files(x86)\Entropia Universe\bin32\PEAss\settings\Windows.INI"

So then I'll try rightclicking and running as administrator I'll edit this post later and let you know how it goes

Edit: Yep, still getting that error

Status
Back