PE costs 200peds/day

Adde

Dominant
Society
Hunters Unlimited
Andreas Adde Fager
PE costs 200peds/day for me

About 3 months ago when i started playing the peds lasted longer...alot longer. A typical run hunting with 100 ped ammo would give atleast 100 ped loot so i would only pay for the decay wich wasnt as much as it is now. Last week and this week iv lost 100-200peds a day hunting 3 runs (100 ped ammo each) And i dont get much skills either.

So clearly the loot system has changed to the worse....atleast for me. Why? to finance the ath:s? .I dont know, but i would looove to know why this game costs me 100-200 peds a day playing.

For me it isnt strange that alot of profiles are quitting, its simple an ordinary player cant afford to lose that much a day. So why is it so bad now? Does MA have more expenses then before? :rolleyes: or are someone turning greedy?

I have alot of questions and almost no answers.

Dont get me wrong i love this game and i can afford it, BUT something is wrong and it isnt getting better......

Feel free to comment this post here or via pm.

Edit: Changed the title due to a missunderstanding from a new player, sry about that.

Last edited:
Yup I'm seeing the same thing... Before the last 'big' VU is was constantly breaking nicely even, now I lose +- 40 PEDs on every 100 PED run. That's around 200 PED a day for me too. Something has changed, for the worse.

ok, 100 ped amo runs are risky , the very min. I use it 300, you must be intellegent when you hunt and what you hunt, if you start in an area and get very little returns, dont stay there hoping it will impove - move until you find a spot that will give loots.

also some days you will loose some weeks you will loose, EG I've had some apawling loots recently but last few huntins I've profited big each hunt.

I can loose 1000 PED a day, something's wrong with your calculation Adde :D

p.s.
How long do you want to run around with 300 PED ammo Kygon ? ;)

McCormick said:
I can loose 1000 PED a day, something's wrong with your calculation Adde :D

p.s.

You had to be worse didnt you ;)

Well i dont have the time to do a 1000ped/day hunt, i would if i could. But i need some peds irl to you know ;)

McCormick said:

not sure what you mean there?

I find 600 ped hunts almost painfull but my last one paid off with a nice 1.4k silent uber :) I was almost ready to leave due to sucky loots and pop nice little global with 2 nice items

I'm sorry but i hate this thread title cause it's just bitchy whining BS and a big reason why i don't come around EF as much.

Sure you can loose 200 ped a day in PE thats easy. But not everyone looses like that.

I've been playing PE for over 2 years and have never deposited more then 10 US a month. So dont make a post title that makes it look like some sort of fact that you have to pay 20 US a day to play PE that only creatates bad vibes.

From my limited experience (I've only been playing for a few months now.)it seems to me that the loot runs in cycles. When I hunt I've noticed that for a week or so I will do ok and at least nearly break even. The following week I'll lose pretty big on nearly every hunt. Then for a few days I'll actually creep to the positive, then back to losing again. If I could actually show some discipline and stop hunting when I run into those down periods I'd be in good shape. LOL

RexDameon said:
I'm sorry but i hate this thread title cause it's just bitchy whining BS and a big reason why i don't come around EF as much.

Sure you can loose 200 ped a day in PE thats easy. But not everyone looses like that.

I've been playing PE for over 2 years and have never deposited more then 10 US a month. So dont make a post title that makes it look like some sort of fact that you have to pay 20 US a day to play PE that only creatates bad vibes.

Ok thanks for your honest opinion about me, but i think its childish and stupid to post such a mean comment about me. Do you know me? And i dont know about the rest of you but i would be happy if you stay off this thread. Such a comment as the one you just posted is what gives the bad vibes dude!
And if you read the whole post you will see that i still love this game and i cant see whats "bs" about my post. And wow :eek: i cant believe you wrote all that to me... thats just plain mean dude :mad:

RexDameon said:

Rex, if you deposits 10$ i think you are one of verry few that can hunt a month for that. i also loose way much more now than i did when i started this game. I think there is alot of BS by lots of players here on forum that says they are breaking even in hunts. I find it nearly impossible to break even in a one day hunt. I love this game. But, you have to really think over if it is worth 600$ each month to play a game. In just ammo and decay! I want to keep on playing but MA really needs to stop being that greedy if im gonna keep playing. I really would like it better if i didnt have to pay for all the ATH with my bad loots...

Amante said:
it seems to me that the loot runs in cycles. When I hunt I've noticed that for a week or so I will do ok and at least nearly break even. The following week I'll lose pretty big on nearly every hunt. Then for a few days I'll actually creep to the positive, then back to losing again. If I could actually show some discipline and stop hunting when I run into those down periods I'd be in good shape. LOL

I've found similar - also some areas are good one day and not the next but the good zone moves. I hunt in one area, see if it's 'paying out' if not move on to the next hunting ground. Eventually the next few hunting grounds go dry and I move back to the first.

I don't only hunt in the same few areas all the time as that would suck after a while but I do find my core skilling/hunting grounds do rotate with respect to payout.

Adde said:
Ok thanks for your honest opinion about me, but i think its childish and stupid to post such a mean comment about me. Do you know me? And i dont know about the rest of you but i would be happy if you stay off this thread. Such a comment as the one you just posted is what gives the bad vibes dude!
And if you read the whole post you will see that i still love this game and i cant see whats "bs" about my post. And wow :eek: i cant believe you wrote all that to me... thats just plain mean dude :mad:

Just ignore the bully boy tactics. I also am losing around 200ped a day but enjoy playing!!

Well, I say 100 PED runs, thats just to illustrate the loss per 100 PED... I usually hunt a multiple of 100 PEDs (200, 300, 400) but result is the same. I'm not whining about the loss, it just seems to have gotten a lot worse since the last big VU, and that is my point.

As for Rex... Why don't you just cock off if you hate this thread? I hate your own equally whiny comments about them. You are the one creating the negative vibe in this topic.

kygon said:
ok, 100 ped amo runs are risky , the very min. I use it 300, you must be intellegent when you hunt and what you hunt, if you start in an area and get very little returns, dont stay there hoping it will impove - move until you find a spot that will give loots.

also some days you will loose some weeks you will loose, EG I've had some apawling loots recently but last few huntins I've profited big each hunt.

Thanks for the tip Kygon :)

I was about to start playing this game at the end of this week but now I´m not so sure anymore....200peds/day :eek: ? Is that really worth it? I doubt... at least as a student I can´t afford it :(

Skyldig said:
I was about to start playing this game at the end of this week but now I´m not so sure anymore....200peds/day :eek: ? Is that really worth it? I doubt... at least as a student I can´t afford it :(

not everyone looses that much all the time , EG I profited 3K over this weekend

The point is that you have to do boring hunts if you really don't want to lose PEDs. Take an Opalo, a few A103s and as much ammo as you can then go Argus beach. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. R...

vOiCeOfNiGhT said:
The problem is that you have to do boring hunts if you really don't want to lose PEDs. Take an Opalo, a few A103s and as much ammo as you can then go Argus beach. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. R...

I think the main problem is really todo with equipment used, if you go hunting corns with a bravo you WILL loose peds :)

with 100 HG if you go hunting with freand D delta + beast amp You WILL loose peds

if you keep on hunting in an area your getting 30% returns you will most likely loose peds

In danger of repeating myselves, but this seems like a good thread to repeat my findings

Well, I have been testing alot more now, and used a fair amount of hours hunting, and I have noticed something that I don't like at all.

Ok, I'm a noob, and my skills are not that high, but the loss I have now are huge compared to what it uses to be.

I can use my last hunt (atrox) to ilustrate:

Used 20k of ammo, got my first global(yay, but only 50 ped tho) and back to town to check how I was doing: Well, loot 220 ped(that with the global), and that is 20ped leftower after ammo cost, and then the fun part, repair cost due to decay (all stuff, weapon, fap, armor, attachments) 230 peds, so with the 20ped over after replenicing ammo, I have a loss on 210peds for one hunting trip. This is kind of ALOT for me, and I cannot afford this.

This is how it has been for me since the update, but then again, I'm pretty fresh in this game...

Zac

Skyldig said:
I was about to start playing this game at the end of this week but now
I´m not so sure anymore....200peds/day :eek: ? Is that really worth it?
I doubt... at least as a student I can´t afford it :(

I guess not many hunt with losses of 20 USD/day, players simply do not
tolerate such a playstyle very long, even if it was their own style. In this
case something has changed, we have no info about possible changes,
what Adde did earlier, what he does now? Maybe upgraded
to too big guns? Anyways, Adde is exceptional case, having been around
so short time and already developed an uber-ped-slinger habits.

If facing such losses, one has to change the strategy, one can hunt
snables for one year for example.

I have kept costs in about 1USD/h for 3 years. It is still 1x...2x more
than the usual MMORPG, but this game is also 2-3 times better... :tongue2:

Adde said:
For me it isnt strange that alot of profiles are quitting, its simple
an ordinary player cant afford to lose that much a day.

Well, it is not strange yes, but not for your reason. There was
a backlog of players wanting to quit. The backlog was created
since withdrawing money has been thus far slow and costly, so
folks want to withdraw one big sum, while slowly selling
their skills and equippement with as good price as possible.

Also many of those, who started 4 months ago, are leaving, as
they feel the "nature call" in the form of other games. But they
may come back, since it is easy to start again this game.

It is quite useless to predict future in this respect, but I hope
a new balance forms with more players leaving and even more players
joining in.

Skyldig said:

You can play for WAY less than that. I do. I'm small time compaired to most of these people, but I know that I have just as much fun. I do my hunts with 10 -20 PEDS of ammo at a time. I suppose that my chances of getting a global or HoF are greatly reduced by this, but that 10-20 PEDS gets me a nice 30 -60 minute hunt, and as I said in my other post I at least sometimes break even a fair amount of the time and once in a while even profit. Just yesterday I brought in 60 PED from a 20 PED hunt. I know it's not much in the grand scheme of things, but I'm having fun and playing regularly and isn't that the point after all?

kygon said:
I think the main problem is really todo with equipment used, if you go hunting corns with a bravo you WILL loose peds :)

with 100 HG if you go hunting with freand D delta + beast amp You WILL loose peds

if you keep on hunting in an area your getting 30% returns you will most likely loose peds

True, but i did gave an exact prescription. Boring prescription yet a working one. ;)

Skyldig said:

LOL i rest my case. Good job guys.

oh and i'll add i last deposited 10 US dec 23rd and i've gained 3k skill levels and still have over 100 PED left to hunt with...

also don't thin i've gotten lucky i've only had 3 globals every in 2 years and they only have come in the last 3 months.

I just think humbly and hunt what my skills and my equipment are for and use my head and listen to the system and evolve with it's changes.

and kygon +Rep thanks for the backup.

Last edited:
RexDameon said:

yup negative posts damage PE , I'm all for ppl airing issues but when its something like this thats simply "one new players back luck and experiences" is makes PE look like a $$$ hole - it can be , and when I used to do shit like hunt necu with about 50% of the skills required I'd loose big, its all about intellegent hunting , ppl think that if you kill enuf mobs you hof - sadly this is not true - its not quite like a slotmachine ... you can play it like a slot machine but your gonna loose!

I think the loss went quite to much resently.
I get returns bewean 50-60% nowdays.. 200 ped - on a 400 ped ammo hunt isnt exactly good. This has happend to me when using improved ep 21 on atraxes.. And other mobs too.
The only think that will help is to use opalo :p

I think this thread is about the costs have rissen since the last VU .............

kygon said:
yup negative posts damage PE , I'm all for ppl airing issues but when its something like this thats simply "one new players back luck and experiences" is makes PE look like a $$$ hole - it can be , and when I used to do shit like hunt necu with about 50% of the skills required I'd loose big, its all about intellegent hunting , ppl think that if you kill enuf mobs you hof - sadly this is not true - its not quite like a slotmachine ... you can play it like a slot machine but your gonna loose!

Ah, but it isn't just one new player. Lots of established long time players are noticing the difference in loot. You can ignore it if you want, but the evidence is there. The fact that it is happening is what is damaging PE, because the situation is what creates the negative posts.

there is a difference between "skill hunt" and "fun hunt".

skill hunt is almost boring but returns +/- 0 or maybe profit. (+ skill gain)

fun hunt is almost fun (going for the big mobs) but will bring a ped loss in most cases (unless you global or hof)

thats my experience...

RexDameon said:

oh and i'll add i last deposited 10 US dec 23rd and i've gained 3k skill levels and still have over 100 PED left to hunt with...

also don't thin i've gotten lucky i've only had 3 globals every in 2 years and they only have come in the last 3 months.

I just think humbly and hunt what my skills and my equipment are for and use my head and listen to the system and evolve with it's changes.

and kygon +Rep thanks for the backup.

Wow lucky you, and yes hillarious :D ...not

Ohh and thanks for the -rep quote: "wow what an over-reaction"
Well i didnt -rep you and yes.. i took that as an insult. I guess i can trashtalk you without getting -rep :D

Well I am doing okay. Most small losses, some big profits.

I do 5k ammo runs with a104, so my hunt cost about 90peds
and the most i've lost is 20-30 peds, and that's a 2 hour hunt, and i usually break even more often than i lose, so don't let that loss trick you.

Then again i might just be a lucky bastard since i had a hof and three globals the past weekend:p. But even w/out that it does not cost me 200 ped a day to play

i use very efficient equipment though, and keep decay/ped loss to a minimum as much as i can.

Back