PE in others O.S's

You whant the possibily to play PE in others OS's?

• Yes

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Whatever

Votes: 27 36.0%

• Total voters

akruz

Provider
Society
Freelancer
David Akruz Aquino
I really think that will be a good ideia make PE for other operational systems like Linux and Mac...

And XBox 360

Clientloader on CD, Updates downloaded onto internal HD. It would rock!

i will be a long time off the game maybe i back later, because i an using Linux now... i still have windows to play some games(like Entropia) but is just to boring chenge betwenn Linux and Windows everyday... i really hope a Linux version, and other os version... and i really cant understand why dont have other entropia versions...

Because if MA has a hard time making stable release on the PC version, it will be a nightmare to them to cross to other platforms.

And the VU's... that would be a total mess releasing VU's coded for all the other platforms.

Let MA hire some pro programmers first and make a 95% bugfree version for the pc, and maybe then you guys can start dreaming about playing in other platforms.

It uses DirectX. 'nuff said. :wtg:

It uses DirectX. 'nuff said. :wtg:
Transgaming's Cider (MacOS X) and Cedega (Linux). 'nuff said. :wise:

But still I've got to agree with Jorael: while some platform ports would be great, MA still has quite a long backlist of bugs to fix before even thinking of something like that.
On the other hand, we all must admit that with VU8.7 they've done a really great job, improving a lot of areas... (yeah, they nerfed the amps, the team, etc... but hey! It's MA! ;P)

P. :smoke:

Yes i would love to play EU on my linux box :)
...but i don't think that it will run natively soon - as mentioned above it uses directX so they would have to change the whole graphics layer and maybe a lot of other stuff too. So if there would be a poll "linux version VS fixes, addons,...." my vote would go to the fixes...

And there are other options ... cedega works with a lot of games but i have not yet tried it because my RAM is full all the time - no need to add another emulation layer to it :D

Any new on different plattforms? (MacOS)

Are there any news reg. different platforms like MacOS?

I know about the technical DirX reasons, though, I wonder that there are no plans to port Entropia to Linux or MacOS....

and how i will do something, MA hear us?

and how i will do something, MA hear us?

By reading that link and attempting to recreate other users' experiences to see if you uncover anything new that can be used for the good of everyone else. In terms of making EU run on linux of course.

EU appears to be playable on Cedega, but it's unplayable on WINE, even if it starts and runs. For other platforms, virtualization accompanied by 3D extensions seems to be the only way.

Back