Pebiosinterface32.dll

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
My Virus protection McAfee keeps telling me this is a Trojan.

Is PEBIOSINTERFACE32.DLL a Project Entropia (PE) file?

I know one was mentioned in the past within the forum, although I never get much luck using search facility.

My computer is trying to delete is now anyhow, however if it is a PE file it's likely to return so nice to know either way.

Thanks for help.

Rick

Looks like it's part of Asus AI Suite, not related to EU/PE, and probably not infected too, just interacts too deeply with the system (apparently its purpose is to access the motherboard's bios) and causes suspicion of AV software.

The file PEbiosinterface32.dll a file used by ASUS Com Service? A windows service related to the Asus Motherboard Utilities

AI Suite is an all-in-one interface that integrates several ASUS utilities and allows you to launch and operate these utilities simultaneously.

try uploading your file to
https://www.virustotal.com/

or any of the other online checkers, it scans with multiple virus checkers to see if it really is dodgy or a false positive

My Virus protection McAfee keeps telling me this is a Trojan.

Is PEBIOSINTERFACE32.DLL a Project Entropia (PE) file?

I know one was mentioned in the past within the forum, although I never get much luck using search facility.

My computer is trying to delete is now anyhow, however if it is a PE file it's likely to return so nice to know either way.

Thanks for help.

Rick

Checking on my main Windows 7 box I did not find it.

On my other non-game Windows 10 system (well it was to be my new game system...but....) I found it:

C:\>dir PEbiosinterface32.dll /s
Volume in drive C is Windows
Volume Serial Number is 98B1-4A4C

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.00.19

06/29/2017 09:10 AM 25,600 PEbiosinterface32.dll
1 File(s) 25,600 bytes

Total Files Listed:
1 File(s) 25,600 bytes
0 Dir(s) 55,844,859,904 bytes free

Doing a very fast internet search, it seems it has something to do with your motherboard access point so you can control the speeds of your fans and what not management.

Thanks very much gents much appreciated.

ok if it's safe, I'll leave the file be. Cool.

Like you say it's too deeply imbedded, don't think my virus software could get rid of it even if it wanted to.

Cheers again

Rick

I remember McAffee once found Windows ME is an virus :D

Get rid of McAfee.

The fact some programs try and install it as part of their install indicates it's not one of the best.

(Short version)

Back