People Leaving EU?

Rule # 18
Any threads or posts about leaving EntropiaUniverse, such as “I’m Quitting” or "I've Had Enough" or “Taking a Break”, whether for positive or negative reasons, WILL BE DELETED. This includes any individual posts where comments are made in other threads as well. This rule also applies to sales threads. If you are leaving EntropiaUniverse and are selling your items, do not include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are “quitting” or “taking a break.” Members who are curious as to the intention of the poster can inquire through PM or within EntropiaUniverse, and should not ask within the sales thread.

^^I have doubts you will get alot of insight regarding people leaving from this forum...

:rolleyes: Read that rule again, punk.
He was discussing the fact that people are leaving, not announcing that he was leaving. Wanting input, opinions, and people's reasons - not telling us g'bye.

Anyway - people come - people go - world keeps on spinning, people keep on depositing and life goes on ;)

I wish I had a ped for everytime one of my friends swears they're quitting after a vu. (myself included :ahh: )

Rule # 18
Any threads or posts about leaving EntropiaUniverse, such as “I’m Quitting” or "I've Had Enough" or “Taking a Break”, whether for positive or negative reasons, WILL BE DELETED. This includes any individual posts where comments are made in other threads as well. This rule also applies to sales threads. If you are leaving EntropiaUniverse and are selling your items, do not include comments in your sales thread that indicate that you are “quitting” or “taking a break.” Members who are curious as to the intention of the poster can inquire through PM or within EntropiaUniverse, and should not ask within the sales thread.

^^I have doubts you will get alot of insight regarding people leaving from this forum...

Lucky for the OP - this thread doesn't break that rule, though. ;)

People have been saying this literally for 6 years. Yet somehow more and more ppl play the game each year.

Yeah, it's odd. I always wondered how that works out in a logical way. :scratch2:

Maybe, but they soon leave, if they're smart :rolleyes:

Are you leaving or just not smart? :silly2: Or maybe it's only true for newly arrived people..

Rule # 18

Let me just say im NOT surprised over this rule ;) Kinda reminds me of old Russia. Was called "Dissinformation" Back then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

People have been saying this literally for 6 years. Yet somehow more and more ppl play the game each year.
I dont think this is true. Its just More AVAS registered ;) I know myself of a bunch of avas that havent been playing 4 a VERY long time and still not deleted:rolleyes:

That means more of the money being deposited is being taken OUT of the game.. Instead of just going to players..

More players are removing the money from the game.. Creating a smaller loot pool. Thusly worse finds all around.

Plus over the years more hot shot people have grown.. Like people who make big profits from other players and cash out on a regular basis.

Koister I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. For instance, if a player get a big ATH, say 100,000 PED, itn't that money now gone from the loot pool. MA can not take money out of that player's account to pay for another player's global, HOF or ATF can they? If not then that money is essentially gone, right, and if the player withdraws the money or leaves it in his account it is still out of the loot pool. The lack of deposits that are not used hurts the game not the withdrawing, IMO If the player burns up that loot in the game then, to me, that is the same as using a deposit. If I deposit 100,000 PED I don't think that will effect the loot pool until I use it in the game. Koister I am not flamming you at all I just think you are inccorect in your statement. PEDs that are not used are PEDs that stay out of the loot pool and PEDs that are used, either deposited or earn in game, go towards the loot pool. I know that MA gets there slice of that pie(The PEDs that are used) but, hopefully, most of used PEDs go to the loot pool. If we all (all means every player) deposit 100 USD and then do nothing but sweat I think MA would go broke very fast.

He was discussing the fact that people are leaving, not announcing that he was leaving. Wanting input, opinions, and people's reasons - not telling us g'bye.

Lucky for the OP - this thread doesn't break that rule, though. ;)

Actually, I believe what Cyberpunk was saying is that, due to that rule, the OP will not find a lot of "goodbye" threads on this forum.

Last edited:

Anyway - people come - people go - world keeps on spinning, people keep on depositing and life goes on ;)

I wish I had a ped for everytime one of my friends swears they're quitting after a vu. (myself included :ahh: )

nothing to add.. all true..

although people in my soc (including myself) are trying more and more games as replacement.. but it's hard trying to find a game with such a nice community and wannahaves-wannareaches and good gameplay/economy..

you summ it up.. it hard to find a good replacement, so alot of people come back :)

I know myself of a bunch of avas that havent been playing 4 a VERY long time and still not deleted:rolleyes:

how could you possibly know that? :)
If they never log in, how do you know if they still exist?
If they do log in, then they aren't inactive...

Misinformed

If they leave, you teach them wrong. Why do they need to reach a certain skill level? Will that make them understand the game any better? I had such disciples long time ago. They left the game when I stopped giving them free ammo or TT blades. It was my mistake that I did not understood at that time that is not important to help a noob play. Is important to make it understand that depositing is not loosing money. Is investing money. That 101 is 100 ped today, but when you are done using it, it will sell for the same price, if not more. A noob should understand the game before deciding on a profession. If he fails to understand what's what, he will quit for sure. Guide them to EF. Teach them to read. Let them learn. Then they may stay around longer.
EU is not a place where things are easy. Some people like it that way. Some don't. Some people play chess, some play with little dolls. Each game is for some type of person. Not all people can stay in EU. Some will hate it. Is only natural to be so.

First - You are so right that new ppl (in fact all) ...should learn as many aspects of this universe as possible. (READ - READ - READ) .... knowledge is the key to succeed.
--- BUT !!!
.... Too many newcomers are "misinformed" ..be it by ADS or misinterpretation that state:

1) EU is a "GAME" ... (but its not) ....
2) its FREE (no MONTHLY fees) correct ... but totally free !!! ???
3) you can EARN money and take them to your real live account
(... often been asked that question by new players ... where can i set up my "goldmine" ... what should i hunt for really making big $$$ -- or what manufacturing pays off best for a noob to make me money that I can withdraw) ..... :)

..... all these "errors" often lead to new players getting tired of EU pretty fast ... (especially to understand the MARKET ..and pricing).

Yes . Im a very old "noob" :D .... and Ill be here for Cry ver. 6,0 too ....
... Unlike other MMORPG´s ... I saw PE/EU from the beginning as a lifestyle (your second world) .... What u make of it - Is partly what u want it to be.

--- (still looking for a "goldmine") :laugh:

Those statistics, says about new customers, but nothing about them actually staying on, unless I read the wrong one. :rolleyes:

The above poster, agree. People are misinformed. Not everyone, msot people reading this did not understand wrongly, or ratehr replied to, so what the current strategy is it is affective.

Most people who tend to leave though are people from 18 below or slightly above. They have little or no money to deposit, the younger see this as a game liek any otehr MMO, only the abilty to earn some real money, btu they believe you will be able to play like any other, get a gun easily, kill things, get loot, sell. But its much longer and harder, and they tend to leave over this.
MA wont say its hard to get anywhere fast and depositing is the only best way to get money.
The adults, tend to stay, as if they are interested in computer games, they would perhaps try it, and they got money, if their not they wont sniff it.

Of course, some long term players also are leaving, but they never realy stay away. Soon find things are better.

Many people leave. Many come in. Only MA knows for sure.

Having looked at the annual reports of 2006 and 2007... we know as well. MA has seen a strong decline in profits, and as all companies, is looking to compensate this drop.

Especially with the planned IPO

can anybody close this thread???????????:scratch:

Why?

how could you possibly know that? :)
If they never log in, how do you know if they still exist?
If they do log in, then they aren't inactive...

I`ve seen names disappear from my fl that I have not seen in game in a long time. I always figured it was becasue the account was closed.

As for the original post I see people come and people go. But I can only say what ratio has come or gone based on my fl and what I`ve seen has been alot of people that have stopped logging in. Although towns seem to be teeming with about the same amount of players I`ve seen in the past sometimes it does seem all too quiet in places like PA. I don`t see as many people selling on the street as I remember in past years. I could speculate but I`d rather just keep hoping for now. Let`s see what cryengine and opening space brings. Another influx like the CND one would be really great for all of us.

rule # 18
Any Threads Or Posts About Leaving Entropiauniverse, Such As “i’m Quitting” Or "i've Had Enough" Or “taking A Break”, Whether For Positive Or Negative Reasons, will Be Deleted. This Includes Any Individual Posts Where Comments Are Made In Other Threads As Well. This Rule Also Applies To Sales Threads. If You Are Leaving Entropiauniverse And Are Selling Your Items, Do Not Include Comments In Your Sales Thread That Indicate That You Are “quitting” Or “taking A Break.” Members Who Are Curious As To The Intention Of The Poster Can Inquire Through Pm Or Within Entropiauniverse, And Should Not Ask Within The Sales Thread.

^^i Have Doubts You Will Get Alot Of Insight Regarding People Leaving From This Forum...

F..ck That Shiat!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Some Rules Here Omg

It's seem like people its leaving Entropia, i talk with some dude about this and tell me that mindark its becoming more corporative, so they forgot about the ppl in the game and the loot its not comming back to the players like other years.
I would like to ask to the community if they see the same or not.
Why selling so much uber items and skills and then open post saying: "Bye Entropia, etc etc"
With somewhere between 10k and 50k participants (just my guess), there's must be hundreds leaving every month. (Not counting newbies)

And at summer time more people leave than usual.

So many 'the sky is falling' threads atm... It must be summer or something ;)

Let me just say im NOT surprised over this rule ;) Kinda reminds me of old Russia. Was called "Dissinformation" Back then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

exactly, I hate theese kind of rules

It's seem like people its leaving Entropia, i talk with some dude about this and tell me that mindark its becoming more corporative, so they forgot about the ppl in the game and the loot its not comming back to the players like other years.
I would like to ask to the community if they see the same or not.
Why selling so much uber items and skills and then open post saying: "Bye Entropia, etc etc"

Sry for my mistakes, the english its not my first languaje.

This happens since I know PE (not a typo), even I left two times (first just took a break). I guess this is normal. Not everyone finds what they looked for and realising this is not for them or something happens what drives them away (RL is always first) and don't forget the mmo hoppers who just jump on any other hyped mmo what they can find.

According to the MA's interim statement for March 2008 ( ftp://ftp.mindark.se/reports/Interim_Statement_Q1_2008.pdf ),
deposits for Jan to March 2008 is more than 20% up for the same period last year, while withdrawls are only up by 9%. Thus while people are withdrawing more, there are also way more deposits. There were atually 33000 new account created in the Jan to March 2008 period.

Unfortunately there is no real method of determining how many people left, but I am sure by taking the value of deposits into account it is not that many.

Lol

You miss the mind set of MA, the idea is to hook a lot of new fish, and forget about the big fish you already have..

End result...the old leave, the new come on board..they make money...end of story....

LOL...Rofl...ma =- rip off artist...for real..

DS...:wtg:

off:

Ty Danielle (*whisper*:i never read all rules)

can anybody close this thread???????????:scratch:

Don't like the thread? then keep walking, but dont steal post.

F..ck That Shiat!!!!!!!!!!! I Hate Some Rules Here Omg

U have right...besides if someone new arrive to EU and then to EF and make a thread saying "Hi everyone im new" why cannot say "goodbye friends"?

This happens since I know PE (not a typo), even I left two times (first just took a break). I guess this is normal. Not everyone finds what they looked for and realising this is not for them or something happens what drives them away (RL is always first) and don't forget the mmo hoppers who just jump on any other hyped mmo what they can find.

yeah, i hate too those bunny players.

ontoppic:

I was thinking mostly that those ppl whos selling theirs skills, armor, weapons, etc etc its becose need money to afford new computer to run CE2, but its seems they are kinda high level players, so maybe each player has their own reason.

What many fail to understand is that for one to sell out, others must buy whatever he has to sell. So for each quitter there are several ascending players out there. If you see an uber quitting, all you can say is that there are 10 more people that will try to climb the food chain. Each sell out thread only proves that EU is in great shape and working well. If people would just quit and NOT SELL OUT, then it would be a big problem. We are not there yet...

About the lack of information about what is in EU and how it works... is part of the game. Is the same for all. Is bad. I hate it. But each should read and know what it has to do.

I was reading EF and all about EU (PE at that time) for 3 weeks before I decided to start an account. If most noobs would do that, we would have now far more active players.

You've only got to hang around PA for a while to see how few people are joining. It used to be packed with oj's so many that the radar would stop working but now its no busier than many other tp's.

I've seen a few sell out but not make it public, others logging in and using esi's to transfer the skill to themselves.

Many are just putting their EU life on hold for a few months but not selling anything just incase things pickup with CE2 and CKI, i'm only ticking over with soc beacons and the odd hunt.

EU mainly for depositor , it is hard for newbie to survive and enjoy the game nowday compare to last time , less new player and many uber left the game , MA need to do something :yay:

If you go back in EF history you will notice there is a pattern in threads like yours. Summer and newyears "leavers" and shortly after ... new(old-back)comers :yay:

Some leave, new arrives. they leave, old one returns... it's the same every year and every time people yell up that sky is falling and people are leaving. Some have rl issues where they sell out to get money. Which is also (what I believe) is the reason why you see it in the summer (to get money soon for winter) and around x-mess (it's expensive and some wants to get money out for after x-mass) etc. Others try other games because they get tired of "loosing" - but then after a while they are back again :D .. etc. etc.

But nothing is really falling .. only nuts ;)

If you go back in EF history you will notice there is a pattern in threads like yours. Summer and newyears "leavers" and shortly after ... new(old-back)comers :yay:

Some leave, new arrives. they leave, old one returns... it's the same every year and every time people yell up that sky is falling and people are leaving. Some have rl issues where they sell out to get money. Which is also (what I believe) is the reason why you see it in the summer (to get money soon for winter) and around x-mess (it's expensive and some wants to get money out for after x-mass) etc. Others try other games because they get tired of "loosing" - but then after a while they are back again :D .. etc. etc.

But nothing is really falling .. only nuts ;)

But never MA make such big change like CryEngine2...maybe this its a new reason.

I am sorry but....and this is a long post

It seems with every VU that things become more expensive. It takes more shots to kill critters, things decay faster, more "no loot" kills, more really small claims, and a lot more bombs & probes that find nothing even with high skills and uber equipment. People are getting tired of spending their time and money to continue in this death spiral.
Loots used to regularly include armor and weapons but for the past year there is almost none. Kill an old alpha used to get you something special but now if you get a ped worth of loot you are very lucky. MA has to start realizing that they are killing this game and go back to what made it so great in the beginning before they lose too many people to be able to keep the game going.
I recently did a 4300 ped crafting run and only got 2 small globals of 73 and 164 ped. This was after hundreds of tries. We never used to go more than 20 tries before you were successful in manufacturing your item and never more than 50 tries without at least one global no matter what your skill level was but that is not the case any more.
MA PLEASE LISTEN TO US!!!
Las Vegas is always successful because it works on a small profit many many times instead of trying to make its money in large chunks. You have to go back to doing that too. You have to start giving better loots, easier crafting, critter's damage requirements lowered, and more unlimited items as loot.
When crafting a VI level bp you should be getting bps above that as loot not these level I and II ones. People are not going to craft these items as they have these bp already so give them something new to craft and don't make them require materials that are impossible to find.
When hunting loot should include the ammo used not any other kind and should occasionally include armor, weapons, esi, high bps, etc. The animal algorythms should be lowered to allow more damage per shot and less damage required to kill them. Skills should build faster to allow hunters to use better and better weapons sooner.
When mining ore amps decay approximately 4 times as fast as enmatter amps. This should be changed so they both do the same number of drops..... and not by lowering the enmatter amps only. Claims should never loot .27 ped. That is less than the cost of the bombs. The minimun claim should be at least twice the cost of the bomb or probe. All claims should last at least 24 hours before expiring and if they are mined after 12 hours should act like a tower and just give the entire loot in one pull. This will allow miners to keep mining without having to stop and spend and hour to clean out a claim that will expire soon.
New players should enter the game with a low damage no decay weapon of some sort so they can do something other than sweat without having to deposit. Sweating is not much fun and new players get tired of only being able to do that to play the game. There should be a pvp area that only people who have played less than 6 months can go into. There should be low damage critters and small claims so they can learn how to play the game and actually have fun doing it.
There should be a transportation system that will move players to CND and CP if there are no pilots available. If the pilots are all up at CND waiting to fill up there could be many people waiting to go up but can't get there. This would not take away any pilot's income but would force them to regulate their schedules a bit. It is crazy to have 5 pilots on CND and none anywhere else.
Teams should have a way to set it up so whoever makes the team gets all the loot but all members of that team gets a running inventory of the loot. Societies should be allowed to make one permanent team name for their events. People would need to be allowed to be on 2 teams at the same time but it would make for more interesting hunts etc when you can see what everyone is getting for their kills.

This whole post was off the top of my mind without any serious thinking about it so if some old fart like me can come up with these others should be able to as well.

MA PLEASE LISTEN TO US BEFORE YOU KILL THIS GAME! This is our world too.
3's
Grampa
Kar

I have played many MMO's in the past, it took me a long time to find the one I really wanted to play and one that I liked, I love some things about EU and I dislike some things. As far as people always saying that they are leaving, this is in every MMO. I would not worry about any of that, the most important thing to think about in any MMO you play is you and your game, how you play, that is what is important.

Just have fun, life is short

It seems with every VU that things become more expensive...[...]MA PLEASE LISTEN TO US!!![...]...[...]MA PLEASE LISTEN TO US BEFORE YOU KILL THIS GAME! This is our world too.
3's
Grampa
Kar

I 100% agree with you, like the 10 seconds of waiting when u dead...OMG!!! ten seconds of pure waste...all this things and much more others things tired a lot. I hope that with the new CE2 and dont make more of these kind of changes.

I 100% agree with you, like the 10 seconds of waiting when u dead...OMG!!! ten seconds of pure waste...all this things and much more others things tired a lot. I hope that with the new CE2 and dont make more of these kind of changes.

Back in the day you turned into a ghost and had to WALK back to a revival terminal. LOL.

Back