Question: Perfect vehicle for mining?

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

might be interested in buying a vehicle for mining purposes ... Don't have much information on them and there is not (yet) a sticky regarding vehicles...

So what would be a good vehicle for mining ... can the standard valkerie get rid of chasing atrox? Which ones holds what cargo ... Answers appreciated :)

Angel

The valkyrie can hold 20 items up to 35kg, the pitbull can hold 150 items up to 401kg.

these figures are both for mk 1 vehicles. The pitbull is slower but still sufficient to outrun atrox and the increased capacity is nice. They also climb hills better than a valkyrie.

looks like the valkery is not the one for a miner then ... what about those flying things, do they hold some luggage (cannot seem to find any information on that) ...

Also, am I right assuming that if you do hit a tree or something and it takes damage, than I can repair it again?

and also, if I put 300kg in my pitbull and the pitbull back into my inventory, am I far too heavy then?

Angel

i personally like the planes the best at the moment but that could change if ma changes how the interact with creatures :ahh:

looks like the valkery is not the one for a miner then ... what about those flying things, do they hold some luggage (cannot seem to find any information on that) ...

Also, am I right assuming that if you do hit a tree or something and it takes damage, than I can repair it again?

and also, if I put 300kg in my pitbull and the pitbull back into my inventory, am I far too heavy then?

Angel

Yes you can repair structural dmg coused by hitting objects.

And if u have 300KG in pitbull and pitbull is in inventory you will weigh 300KG :(

Yes you can repair structural dmg coused by hitting objects.

And if u have 300KG in pitbull and pitbull is in inventory you will weigh 300KG :(
until you do a "recall all vehicles" ;)

Best combo is probably vtol to actually use to travel in, and other cheaper vehicles to load the ores in to so that you can make them all go to storage quickly in pvp.

Last edited:
I use the VTOL, just because you dont have to take notice of hills, trees, cliffs, mobs etc. Doesnt hold as much but it will get you to where you want to mine and back anyhow. Guess a TP chip does that also though.

I use the VTOL, just because you dont have to take notice of hills, trees, cliffs, mobs etc. Doesnt hold as much but it will get you to where you want to mine and back anyhow. Guess a TP chip does that also though.

yes but in the VTOL you can get a safe landing space and you can escape from mobs. So personaly I allways use my VTOL when mining and I don't think that will change.

I don't think any of them have any real use as a mining vehicle.

I use a TP chip to get to the location, Shank's Pony to run around mining then I TP or VTOL back to the TP depending on distance or which I feel like using. But that is the usual TP chip/VTOL argument for any long distance travelling whether I am mining or not.

I used vehicle storage and recall once when my refiner broke and I was too heavy to run (but that was probably due to carrying to many vehicles in the first place ;p)

I guess if you wanted to escape an attacking mob then the VTOL is probably the best as you can get in it and fly away much easier. I suspect that this arrangement may get nerfed in the future due to apparent expliotation of VTOLs not agroing mobs.

Back