pew pew spaceships (privateer&ms) how to buy?

Dan420

Mature
Society
The Pog Champs
Dan ''Dan420'' Pimpsmoka
what i have to do to get a spaceship (privateer/mothership) in entropia?

some people told me to look in the forum but so far i didnt find much info on the topic

im sure i have to pay money but how much and how do i pay? do i have to contact mindark?
or are they craftable ingame or maybe rare loot?!

They are sold by players. They come up for sale from time to time, I think there is a privateer for sale at the moment in the selling section here. Or you could place a want to buy thread.

Prices start for a basic ship from around 35k, up to around 100k for an average one.

They are sold by players. They come up for sale from time to time, I think there is a privateer for sale at the moment in the selling section here. Or you could place a want to buy thread.

Prices start for a basic ship from around 35k, up to around 100k for an average one.
but how did these players get them?

but how did these players get them?
Most motherships were sold via auction from mindark roughly 10 years ago. Some privateers were given as compensation to hangar owners at the time.

Most motherships were sold via auction from mindark roughly 10 years ago. Some privateers were given as compensation to hangar owners at the time.
damn.......

maybe any chance that mindark will sell em again for the new players that did not play 10years ago? or maybe like making them part of the game itself, crafting etc? :D

would suck pretty hard if only a small group of vets/rl rich people is allowed to use these ships (and i bet some of these ships stuck on dead accounts)
i would love to focus more on space but for now im stuck with the quad :/

pretty bad design for new players.... or for a game in general.... lol

there are 70 ships with expert pilots of the small ones
and a dozem motherships....

if you want to shot some space monster best way is to contact a pilot and join his crew as a gunner for a run....
bring 5k ped blue ammo and shot :)
no need to own a ship.. there are many pilots and most of them are nice people

there are 70 ships with expert pilots of the small ones
and a dozem motherships....

if you want to shot some space monster best way is to contact a pilot and join his crew as a gunner for a run....
bring 5k ped blue ammo and shot :)
no need to own a ship.. there are many pilots and most of them are nice people
if there is no need to own one, can someone give me his ms please? xD i also would rather get payd so other people can use my ship rather than i pay other people to use theirs ;)

i mean space is part of entropia right? why lock content from players and only give it to less than 1% of the playerbase?

i mean i get that for land-deeds etc but its sad that this also counts for 99% of all the space vehicle

space was one of the bigger reasons why i did join entropia (rip swg jtl)

Last edited:
spaceships are meant to be rare, valuable and sort after. Only a select few will ever own one.
Like most high end items, Mindark closely monitor the supply as to not cause balancing issues or unneedlessly devalue existing assets.

Items like these that get lost on dead accounts, Mindark seize and re auction to players.

I believe Eve is selling a privateer on these forums. Go for a hunt.

i think there is a bad interpretation of "Space" by you. i try to explain but for sure Bonnie or JBK can say it ibetter.
a Spaceship is not just a flying machine.
you can go in space with a Spleipinir, a quad and move back and forth from one planet to another.
a Spaceship is meant to bear a crew composed by pilots and gunners i think a mothership has 6 gunner slots and 4 repair slots so a full crew is 11 people (yes you can move for repair but i mean all ppl in a specific place)
apart paying 10.000 USD to own one, or at least 5000 for a path or starfinder with some SI... it is not mandatory to own one...
pilots that own one will gladly have you in crew if you are willing to hunt in space.
again, alone you dont kill in space, need some squad.

i think there is a bad interpretation of "Space" by you. i try to explain but for sure Bonnie or JBK can say it ibetter.
a Spaceship is not just a flying machine.
you can go in space with a Spleipinir, a quad and move back and forth from one planet to another.
a Spaceship is meant to bear a crew composed by pilots and gunners i think a mothership has 6 gunner slots and 4 repair slots so a full crew is 11 people (yes you can move for repair but i mean all ppl in a specific place)
apart paying 10.000 USD to own one, or at least 5000 for a path or starfinder with some SI... it is not mandatory to own one...
pilots that own one will gladly have you in crew if you are willing to hunt in space.
again, alone you dont kill in space, need some squad.

just to let you know i did travel/shoot a few times already in a privat but i wanna own one

you just said it urself ''a Spaceship is meant to bear a crew composed by pilots and gunners i think a mothership has 6 gunner slots and 4 repair slots so a full crew is 11 people (yes you can move for repair but i mean all ppl in a specific place)''

its not possible for me to work out a crew if the majority of the community is only allowed to fly the cheap ships

i mean this is leaving out whole chunks of content and allows vet players to decide who plays with 'their'' toys

just saying, a bad system is a bad system

mindark should copy star wars galaxies jump to lightspeed, this would be a huge win for the whole game but i know it will never happen since space doesnt seem to be a real part of the game(atleast for the majority of the community)

edit:

spaceships are meant to be rare, valuable and sort after. Only a select few will ever own one.

this sucks, sry but for real

i mean i like a challenge! and i see spaceships as endgame content, but only having like a handfull of ships since almost 10years really makes it ''almost'' impossible or insane expensive to get one.....

i wish mindark would change this

i bet they could, just make a few weaker copys of the privateer version (less guns, less power etc), make em craftable and make the blueprints rare loot

oh god this game has so much potential

Last edited:
There are many things in game that most people would love to have but are not in thier budget (me included!). Making more available and crashing the price of the current items ruins the economy in an RCE.

Currently there are many options available to anyone who wants to be active in space, as mentioned above. Ranging from collaboratively, using small ships all the way up to purchasing a large one. There are enough large ships that come up for sale often enough, and reasonably priced all things considered. It's not as though they never change hands anymore.

Hi Dan,
seeing someone come in with a wish and 'expectations' of what something should look like can be both a breath of free air [brain meant fresh, fingers typed free] but also a mixing of an aweful lot of stale air. Yes, from your perspective it appears crazy to have so few ships of a decent size, but EU seems to be trying very hard to slow down growth and development of the RCE as much as possible. I can understand why as well, I think, although I would like to see expansion. Maybe the 2030 vu will have a much more vibrant space, but it may well be that your ambitions are far higher than what MA will provide, even if you do buy yourself a finder or an MS. Still, gl ... :)

Last edited:
well for me as a new player this is a huge downer......

but thx for all the answers/infos!

Hi Dan,
seeing someone come in with a wish and 'expectations' of what something should look like can be both a breath of free air but also a mixing of an aweful lot of stale air. Yes, from your perspective it appears crazy to have so few ships of a decent size, but EU seems to be trying very hard to slow down growth and development of the RCE as much as possible. I can understand why as well, I think, although I would like to see expansion. Maybe the 2030 vu will have a much more vibrant space, but it may well be that your ambitions are far higher than what MA will provide, even if you do buy yourself a finder or an MS. Still, gl ... :)
well these expectations were made because* other entropia players who got me into this game told me how awesome the space feature is (''its like jtl'') and so on, i guess i got trolled :D

EDIT:

well to see it positive, i have a hardcore endgame aim now :D

Last edited:
well these expectations were made because* other entropia players who got me into this game told me how awesome the space feature is (''its like jtl'') and so on, i guess i got trolled :D

EDIT:

well to see it positive, i have a hardcore endgame aim now :D
Space is awesome (although there is a lot still to be done!) , but like every part in this game it scales. There are lots of entry level items to have fun in all parts of the game, but it all scales in costs the more uber the items get.

your expectations are way over the reality. as a new player as you state, 5.000 USD stuck in a ship are a big amount.
you can skill up very much with that amount, try someone else ship and if you like buy it later on.
as all say, GL in your EU journey.

your expectations are way over the reality
ever playd jtl? nothing i said is way over reality lol

why is it bad to create more multipassenger ships / space content for the whole community and not only for the super rich 1%?

don’t treat this like a video game, where you can grind and grind and get all the good items. This isn’t runescape.
Treat this like a virtual access point into a real life universe.
There are plenty of things in real life that I want, but can never realistically acquire. That’s life.

If you really want a privateer, you ain’t locked behind a progression wall or skill barrier, just deposit $5k or whatever the price is and buy one from a player selling one right now.

Honestly bro if you are this early in your career and this disenchanted about not being able to acquire easily one of the most sought after items in game then you ain’t going to like the rest of EU.

don’t treat this like a video game, where you can grind and grind and get all the good items. This isn’t runescape.
Treat this like a virtual access point into a real life universe.
There are plenty of things in real life that I want, but can never realistically acquire. That’s life.

If you really want a privateer, you ain’t locked behind a progression wall or skill barrier, just deposit $5k or whatever the price is and buy one from a player selling one right now.

Honestly bro if you are this early in your career and this disenchanted about not being able to acquire easily one of the most wait after items in game then you ain’t going to like the rest of EU.
but the longer i wait to buy one the more expensive they will get right? :D

dont get me wrong, i know what the game is about but locking whole contents of the game behind (insane amounts of money, u can save human lifes with less than 10k, THATS THE REALITY)

it just feels wrong to me, but damn.... i really wanna enjoy the full space content

but the longer i wait to buy one the more expensive they will get right? :D

dont get me wrong, i know what the game is about but locking whole contents of the game behind (insane amounts of money, u can save human lifes with less than 10k, THATS THE REALITY)

it just feels wrong to me, but damn.... i really wanna enjoy the full space content
The TT price of space ship deeds are zero, it’s not Mindark locking you out on price, it’s the laws of supply and demand, and the natural result of a healthy economy.
Other space ship operators may disagree, but I think a lot of the markup value of these was built on the assumption that space would be a lot more interesting than it is currently. If MA doesn’t invest in space development you may see cheap ships come online from owners that have simply lost their patience waiting.
All these supposed promises were long before my time so I’m not the right person to discuss the history.

Like others said, join a crew, you’ll start off repairing, move up to gunning, and eventually pilot the darn thing. You’ll do everything except take the deed home with you. And it won’t cost you $5k.

ever playd jtl? nothing i said is way over reality lol

why is it bad to create more multipassenger ships / space content for the whole community and not only for the super rich 1%?

Because it's an RCE.
If motherships are common they wouldn't be worth anything.
Why should everybody have a MS?
If that was the case motherships would be even more boring as they are now since everybody would have on in storage.
Now they are special. You need dedication (and money) to acquire one). And the dedication to keep it operational.

Also, most people here don't even care about space. Just a small select group who ventures out there.
Space flight is just so lame. Controls have nothing to do with real flying.

If you like space so much, well, better just buy Elite Dangerous then.
Now, THAT is a space simulator! And if you REALLY like space simulators, buy Elite dangerous and get an oculus rift, headset with voice control and 2 flightsticks
;)

dont get me wrong guys! im not saying make motherships or privateer cheaper/easier to get or anything but why not create some more toys for the majority of the community, like some kind of spaceship that is bigger than the quad but not as big as the privateer... :DD?

some more ships that have the same availabillity like the sleip or guad and can have some more players as crewmembers, these ships wont be as good or strong or can hold as many people as ms/privateer but still a upgrade for people who wanna play more than just a quad

the crew stuff sounds ofcourse fun and i would love to get into one but my original plan was to buy one for my soc and be my own el capitano :D
not sure who wants to have a drunk stoner like me as his gunner but who knows lmao

also im very interested about the past of this game and all the changes/nerfs that happend to it
are there any good links or do i have to research everything on my own? :D

If you like space so much, well, better just buy Elite Dangerous then.
Now, THAT is a space simulator! And if you REALLY like space simulators, buy Elite dangerous and get an oculus rift, headset with voice control and 2 flightsticks
btw i playd elite...

its nice if u like singleplayer flight sims

sharding did ruin this game for me (the space legs addon is the cheapest trash ever lol)
also there isnt really any crafting in elite, the ressources are like tickets sold to npcs, they dont really have any need besides that)

i prefer sandbox mmos, realcash or not doesnt really matter, and scifi if possible im sick of fantasy crap (love the open end crafting, the social interaction and ofcourse any type of pvp, also i like permdeath and open loot systems)

i came to entropia because it promised the same features like swg and ofcourse its a huge downer now to hear that i prob will never own one of these ships
my last hope will be star citizen IF its ever gets released lmao

some of the features jtl had that i would wish mindark would add into entropia:

design/craft/sell ur own ships

space mining asteroids/nebula clouds etc

way more ships, and some more options for the freebies and non rich people rather than quad/sleip only

u guys think that these features would hurt the game? if yes why?

Last edited:
dont get me wrong guys! im not saying make motherships or privateer cheaper/easier to get or anything but why not create some more toys for the majority of the community, like some kind of spaceship that is bigger than the quad but not as big as the privateer... :DD?

some more ships that have the same availabillity like the sleip or guad and can have some more players as crewmembers, these ships wont be as good or strong or can hold as many people as ms/privateer but still a upgrade for people who wanna play more than just a quad

the crew stuff sounds ofcourse fun and i would love to get into one but my original plan was to buy one for my soc and be my own el capitano :D
not sure who wants to have a drunk stoner like me as his gunner but who knows lmao

also im very interested about the past of this game and all the changes/nerfs that happend to it
are there any good links or do i have to research everything on my own? :D
There are already arguably too many space ships in the game, as can been seen at the space stations. A couple of quads can take down a base level privateer without issue so there is no real gap in fire power.

Maybe if space size and content increased 10 fold there would be a need for some more. Even then it would be a push!

There is an "upgraded" quad, an equus. Its warp capable but weight limited. Not cheap either though.

btw i playd elite...

its nice if u like singleplayer flight sims

sharding did ruin this game for me
did you play it with an oculus?

Totally different game with oculus vs monitor.
The submersiveness is just so incredible!
I've flown real planes, and this just comes so close to the real thing!
The only thing missing was the real g-force effect.

i prefer sandbox mmos, realcash or not doesnt really matter, and scifi if possible im sick of fantasy crap (love the open end crafting, the social interaction and ofcourse any type of pvp, also i like permdeath and open loot systems)

i came to entropia because it promised the same features like swg and ofcourse its a huge downer now to hear that i prob will never own one of these ships
my last hope will be star citizen IF its ever gets released lmao

some of the features jtl had that i would wish mindark would add into entropia:

design/craft/sell ur own ships

space mining asteroids

way more ships, and some more options for the freebies and non rich people rather than quad/sleip only

u guys think that these features would hurt the game? if yes why?

yes, I can relate to that.
Even though Elite plays so much better then entropia. Entropia is one of the few games I could play so long.
It's for real!
But that's also the main reason MS are so scarce and so expensive.
It's not a free game for everybody.
That is the essence of Entropia.
Some things you can only dream of ever achieving....unless you're just rich.
Just like the real world.

So to answer your question. yes, I really think it would hurt the game if you add more ships and make it all much cheaper.
Because that way it will all become meaningless again. And it would hurt the essence of the RCE element.

More features would not be bad though, like space mining astroids could be a nice addition to the game.

yes, I can relate to that.
Even though Elite plays so much better then entropia. Entropia is one of the few games I could play so long.
It's for real!
But that's also the main reason MS are so scarce and so expensive.
It's not a free game for everybody.
That is the essence of Entropia.
Some things you can only dream of ever achieving....unless you're just rich.
Just like the real world.

So to answer your question. yes, I really think it would hurt the game if you add more ships and make it all much cheaper.
Because that way it will all become meaningless again. And it would hurt the essence of the RCE element.

More features would not be bad though, like space mining astroids could be a nice addition to the game.
like i said before, not making current ships cheaper but adding a few more middle sized ships (smaller than privateer but bigger than quad)
that allow the playerbase to enjoy all parts of the game without spending a fortune

i mean what does mindark have from locking people out from content? besides losing players :D

what about adding the abillity to buy pathfinders/ms from mindarks website? or just the privateer ones to make ms still a rare thing
like a new ship for lets say 3 or 4 people rather than just 2 and maybe another one were u can walk around in

i dont see why this would hurt the game

maybe it will hurt the wallet of the current ms/privateer owners but not the overall game, i bet it would make more people enjoy the space part of the game!

Last edited:
like i said before, not making current ships cheaper but adding a few more middle sized ships (smaller than privateer but bigger than quad)
that allow the playerbase to enjoy all parts of the game without spending a fortune

i mean what does mindark have from locking people out from content? besides losing players :D

what about adding the abillity to buy pathfinders/ms from mindarks website? or just the privateer ones to make ms still a rare thing

Sorry, but I do not really see any added value to that.
As it is now, you have 3 types of ships.
Small fighter class like quads, medium ships like privateer and capital class like motherships.
Sure, you could diversify more but then again, more ships for such a small playerbase would not really make sense.

Also MA is not locking out anybody as you claim.
If you offer enough, you can buy a MS or privateer.
It's a free world/market. Has nothing to do with MA.
You will just have to offer enough.

And if you're not willing to pay that amount, well, then step out of the sandbox and go play elite.
Like I mentioned before, keeping things scarce keeps the price up and keeps it special.
That's the essence of an RCE!!

You dont want a free MS for everybody!

There are more then enough ships at the moment.
Just go out in space and see all the privateers and MS cluttered around doing nothing.
You want to add even more ships?

No, just cough up the money if you want to play in this sandbox ;)

Back