pew pew spaceships (privateer&ms) how to buy?

damn.......

maybe any chance that mindark will sell em again for the new players that did not play 10years ago? or maybe like making them part of the game itself, crafting etc? :D

would suck pretty hard if only a small group of vets/rl rich people is allowed to use these ships (and i bet some of these ships stuck on dead accounts)
i would love to focus more on space but for now im stuck with the quad :/

pretty bad design for new players.... or for a game in general.... lol

The current pricetag of an entry level privateer is lower than the cost basis when MindArk sold them, and the fleet is currently relatively large and under utilized. Consequently MindArk doing another sale would not save you any money, nor would it improve the space situation. Your best bet really is to buy one from another player as was previously suggested.

What you are describing sounds like a desire to experience the thrills of using a big ship without forking over the cash to buy one. There are many ship operators who will enable you to do just that - you can join their crew and earn your spot on a gunner's seat or even as a pilot. In that way, yes, you can grind your way to the ability to use the ship.

But if you want to own something you have to pay for it.

And since you seem to like repetition I will repeat myself here: The pricetag on a ship with entry level structural integrity is lower than it was originally sold for by MindArk - so MA offering more ships on auction would NOT SAVE YOU ANY MONEY. They all had a startbid and it wasn't cheap.

The pricetag did not swell to be affordable only by the top 1% - it always was that way by design.

Last edited:
I’m not sure you really do understand what we are saying because you continue to repeat your same argument which we have all refuted as a bad idea.

Selling MS from the web shop is still going to increase the supply of these ships and lessen the value of currently owned assets, you can make them bigger, smaller, different, it won’t matter.
Even worse now is you now introduce a pegged MU value for the rest of the game assets to be based from, if it’s cheaper than current market you piss off every high level depositor who owns these ships, if it’s higher than you are still shit out of luck from owning one, so this idea is just bad.

Sorry, but I do not really see any added value to that.
As it is now, you have 3 types of ships.
Small fighter class like quads, medium ships like privateer and capital class like motherships.
Sure, you could diversify more but then again, more ships for such a small playerbase would not really make sense.

Also MA is not locking out anybody as you claim.
If you offer enough, you can buy a MS or privateer.
It's a free world/market. Has nothing to do with MA.
You will just have to offer enough.

And if you're not willing to pay that amount, well, then step out of the sandbox and go play elite.
Like I mentioned before, keeping things scarce keeps the price up and keeps it special.
That's the essence of an RCE!!

You dont want a free MS for everybody!

There are more then enough ships at the moment.
Just go out in space and see all the privateers and MS cluttered around doing nothing.
You want to add even more ships?

No, just cough up the money if you want to play in this sandbox ;)

not sure why u refer to elite so much but its a much diffrent type of game

and i dont like it ;)

i mean i did not say free ships for anyone, just give people more options to waste their money!

i mean i did not say free ships for anyone, just give people more options to waste their money!
There doesn’t need to be other purchase options though. In the last 6 months there have at least been 4 listings of a MS or Privateer that I have seen, that doesn’t include the ones I missed, or the one that keeps getting bumped for sale right here on PCF. Click the listing, select buyout price, click confirm two times. It’s yours.
Assuming you have the money, I would argue that it is incredibly easy to acquire one.
If you don’t like that, go into space, write down all the names of the peeps that have one in parking orbit. Message them with a good price and I bet a large percentage of them will bite your hand off. Everyone has their price.

There doesn’t need to be other purchase options though. In the last 6 months there have at least been 4 listings of a MS or Privateer that I have seen, that doesn’t include the ones I missed, or the one that keeps getting bumped for sale right here on PCF. Click the listing, select buyout price, click confirm two times. It’s yours.
Assuming you have the money, I would argue that it is incredibly easy to acquire one.
If you don’t like that, go into space, write down all the names of the peeps that have one in parking orbit. Message them with a good price and I bet a large percentage of them will bite your hand off. Everyone has their price.
well seems like this is my only option....

thx for the infos!

edit:

sry for my crybaby attitude, i just did hope for something diffrent

i will try to adapt to it ;)

The community has been making mostly good suggestions for years, including taking a balanced view of what factions and activities/services there could be. MA themselves even wanted to add mining and have a larger range of ships, which can be seen on publicity images from as far back as 2010 and possibly before. They apparently got super-close to introducing transport missions as well, fully publicised, funded even through the auction delivery system to other planets, but unknown problems (we can guess at some) got in the way.
The auction often has a particular MS on sale at what I consider to be a baity starting bid, but privateers are quite often on sale. The structural integrity (SI) makes a big difference to the value as it cost the owners to upgrade from a truely pathetic base level.
As has been stated, many people care zero about space - and even about planets other than Caly.

not sure why u refer to elite so much but its a much diffrent type of game

and i dont like it ;)

The reason I refer to Elite is that if you want to play a space game, Entropia is not the right place.
Not saying it doesn't have the potential to be, but as it is now, it's just not a space game.

Adding more ships for sure isn't going to fix this and, as more players have already stated, will only have the averse effect.
Adding more features TO DO in space could surely help though.

And, Entropia doesnt need more options to waste money.
It's already fully catered to do that! ;)

Just post a buying thread on the forum that you're in the market to buy a MS. And for sure you will receive offers.
Just as it should be in a RCE.

The reason I refer to Elite is that if you want to play a space game, Entropia is not the right place.
Not saying it doesn't have the potential to be, but as it is now, it's just not a space game.

Adding more ships for sure isn't going to fix this and, as more players have already stated, will only have the averse effect.
Adding more features TO DO in space could surely help though.

And, Entropia doesnt need more options to waste money.
It's already fully catered to do that! ;)

Just post a buying thread on the forum that you're in the market to buy a MS. And for sure you will receive offers.
Just as it should be in a RCE.
yea but i need the full scifi planet/space sandbox crafting pvp loot experience and elite wont fix that, not saying its a bad game but i would prefer star citizen over it but no chance for this game in the next 100years

believe me i really like the RCE part, brings a new level to a game :D
but just having like 70-80ships total is even in my eyes abit too hardcore and im one of these people who want permadeath in mmos^^

sure i can understand the owner of these ships too but as a new player who dreamd about his own big ship its sure a downer

i will make the best out of it, gonna join a crew if i find one and kill so many punys that maybe someday i will earn my own ms :p

yea but i need the full scifi planet/space sandbox crafting pvp loot experience and elite wont fix that, not saying its a bad game but i would prefer star citizen over it but no chance for this game in the next 100years

believe me i really like the RCE part, brings a new level to a game :D
but just having like 70-80ships total is even in my eyes abit too hardcore and im one of these people who want permadeath in mmos^^

sure i can understand the owner of these ships too but as a new player who dreamd about his own big ship its sure a downer

i will make the best out of it, gonna join a crew if i find one and kill so many punys that maybe someday i will earn my own ms :p

well, at least you still have dreams and as long as you can dream about it, it's good!

Very smart to join a crew first. Try it out first before you waste tons of money to become a captain yourself! ;)

im one of these people who want permadeath in mmos
That is surely something that would be extremely hard to marry with an RCE. If I were a virtual worlds and economy designer (and the investor or lead designer even), I would look very hard at that angle and how it could be made to work, yes, but it would make danger, risk and one-offs (death) much too important over other balances I would think.
There would also be the question of whether enough people would be willing to follow you and that type of development.
I admit I also hate to see projects with millions of investment make what I consider to be massive mistakes due to egos, poor advice, incompetence 'somewhere' etc etc.

That is surely something that would be extremely hard to marry with an RCE. If I were a virtual worlds and economy designer (and the investor or lead designer even), I would look very hard at that angle and how it could be made to work, yes, but it would make danger, risk and one-offs (death) much too important over other balances I would think.
There would also be the question of whether enough people would be willing to follow you and that type of development.
I admit I also hate to see projects with millions of investment make what I consider to be massive mistakes due to egos, poor advice, incompetence 'somewhere' etc etc.
yea i never said that i want permadeath in entropia, like u said, it would be a pretty bad idea (i just love the thrill and idea behind it)!

open loot pvp zones and space is already fine enough

but the permadeath/dynamic pvp(TEF) system that star wars galaxies used for original alpha class jedi was pretty awesome and made em a really rare sight

but you are right that permadeath is not easy to implent in a mmo without making people ragequit the game! it made alot of sense in galaxies because of the lore (plays between episode 4-5 were most jedis were already killed or hunted, so they had to be a rare thing)

we dont really need that in entropia

dan i think that you reveiced a really BIG and helpful ffedback from comunity
1. get a quad and fly around
2. get a slot in aa crew
3. after gettign to level 15 repair get back to caly due to the fact that you understand that entropia is 90% calypsocentric and start hunting :)

of you dotn fall into step 3... buy a ship and improve its structural integrity (SI) as much as you can
happy hunting

Back