Phoenix_(X)_Omega Expanding

Status

sndlwood

Old Alpha
Society
Drop Zone
Si'Thaiphooh sndlwood McQueen
Phoenix_(X)_Omega a Brief History

The story of Phoenix_(X)_Omega starts long before the founding of our society. The founding fathers of Phoenix_(X)_Omega all hail from an older and once highly respected society called Old Alphas. Sadly the leader of Old Alphas decided to leave planet Calypso and never return.

Without our once mighty leader we bravely carried the Old Alphas name forward until one day we received a communication from our long departed comrade. He was displeased with our efforts to keep the Old Alphas name alive. It was obvious to our founding fathers that our once mighty society had no future.

Predictably, and with a heavy heart, Several players left Old Alphas. The story of Phoenix_(X)_Omega might never have happened but for the insight of one particular man, Si'Thaiphooh sndlwood McQueen. What made Old Alphas so strong was not its name and history but its members. McQueen conducted secret meetings and the framework for a new stronger society was formed. Determined not to repeat past mistakes a new society structure was drafted onto paper. Leadership would not rest in the hands of one absent person, we would be a True Guardianship.

On the earth date of 2006-07-25 03:01:50 Phoenix_(X)_Omega came into existence. And true to our democratic ideals our first leader was elected, Merl Merlin Lancelot. He served us well as our leader with his wise and fatherly ways. His year long residence came to an end and our governing council wisely elected Si'Thiaphooh sndlwood Mcqueen as our second and current leader.

Over time many of our strong members have gone missing. Bravely searching out new planets to settle, they have disappeared into the folds of time and with them, some younger members vanished as well. The Calypso-bound and hard working members of Phoenix_(X)_Omega, those who stayed behind have fought to raise the Phoenix_(X)_Omega banner in every aspect possible and continued to fight on despite our dwindling numbers.

Still active and seemingly unshakable are the current membership; all dedicated miners, hunters and crafters. Forever willing to accept new colonists to train and guide in the true ways of survival and success.

But with so few numbers spread thinly over Calypso, and each independent member working hard to survive in this hash environment, it is increasingly difficult to organize a strong defense against future robot invasions, or to participate with strength to win new land areas and to battle the mighty Eomon or other new species of mutant evil.

Therefore, we are sending out this appeal to other devastated and diminished societies. Consider merging with Phoenix_(X)_Omega.

Visit our shop in Treasure Island City Platinum Building BlockC Shop 6 (At the end of the row right off the teleporter).

View our members fabulous accomplishments.

Interested colonists feel free to contact me by PM or meet me in game for further details.

Together Phoenix_(X)_Omega can be strong again.

Last edited:
All has changed!

Last edited:
bump for bumps sake

Thanks Predders. There are a couple of great gals here too...real ones even :eyecrazy:

FYI

The active members of Phoenix Omega are currently in negotiations with the members of Rapture of Rebellion to merge our members into a single society under the governance of RoR. Though we have not been able to reach all our members to confer with them on this matter, we trust that all our good friends will want to join us in this new and exciting opportunity.

Our foundation society will need to remain in place until all members have had the chance to decide for themselves their best course of action. As soon as we have the go-ahead from Lilac and the other members of RoR we will begin the transfer process.

Our search for other members in abandoned societies will continue. If you are bored in your current society, because of dwindling numbers, inactivity, poor governance or lack of strong leadership, we welcome your application and will review each applicant on a first come first serve basis. Preference will be given to those with experience.

On behalf of the Governing Counsel of Phoenix Omega I welcome the opportunity to work together in our efforts to help colonize Planet Calypso and achieve success for all our members and friends.

damn... does this mean i have to be lyrical now:;

On behalf of RoR,

I would like to say that we are all excited and honored to be considered for such a merger, and look foreward to welcoming such a great, talented group to our growing community...

Dahc has been our good friend since we were young in calypso, and we've always held XO in the highest reguard. We've taken alot from his experiences in structuring RoR, and are confident that our 2 groups will compliment each other well in our collective quest for wealth and global dominaton :p

In other words "cool, feel free to let yourselves in.. there's beer in the fridge:)"

Lilac

P.S. On a more practical note though, I realize for both soc's, there may be members hearing about this for the first time on this thread. I just wanted to make myself availible via PM if there are any questions while we iron out the logistics...

Si, Jane, and I (among others) have put ALOT of work into this over the past week... and we really are optimistic that it will work out great:)

Predictably, and with a heavy heart, Several players left Old Alphas. The story of Phoenix Omega might never have happened but for the insight of one particular man, Dahc Hinder. What made Old Alphas so strong was not its name and history but its members. Dahc Hinder conducted secret meetings and the framework for a new stronger society was formed. Determined not to repeat past mistakes a democratic society structure was drafted onto paper. Leadership would not rest in the hands of one person, we would be a true democracy.

*cough*

That's not the history i remember! :laugh: Didn't we forget someone...:scratch2:

*cough*

That's not the history i remember! :laugh: Didn't we forget someone...:scratch2:

He he, I warned Sndl to not post that part since a certain pink person would make the post she just did:D

Anyway, we plan a merge with RoR so this thread is not valid anymore.

yeah!! ... ME! But seeing as I wrote it.. i cant be to hard on myself :)

Ah, that'll be who it was then! :D

Thank goodness Dahc saved everyone from Old Alphas!

What I find funniest of all is an old post from the Old Alphas forum. Pretty much all that remains of me there since that mad woman who was admin deleted all my posts...

From Sndlwood himself (yes, the very same guy who posted the altered history in post one of this thread...

Giant, collective sigh of relief.

Where there's a will, there's a way. Will power requires the deepest fortitude known to man and woman.

These days too will be history. I'm thinking of calling it the Pink Revolution

:laugh:

Seriously guys, I am only messing with you - Although I was a little shocked to see my name deleted from your history, I understand why you did it.

Water under the bridge and all that!

Good luck with the merger!!

I wrote myself out too... it makes for a better story.

And to be frightfully honest, dahc has done more for our soc than every member put together. its his soc... end of.
Even when i had tenure if the guardian protector rank. it was in his shadow.

Shame he fucked off though eh ???? LOL

U broke my heart dahc. As much as a man can love another man in a non lady boy way.. i loved ya.

*cough*

ROFL, +rep, but must spread (so I owe you one).

Off-topic quote of the day to lengthen the post: "dung is a four letter word".

Hi all XO and RoR members,

Just got me a netbook in Greece and stumbled upon this thread. As I can't reach the XO forum I'll put my opinion right here.
I think the merger between XO and RoR is a great idea and I'm all for it.
Won't be able to meet you online for the next weeks but I'm looking forward to it.
Btw We're having a great time in our beloved Tolo.

Greetz,

Todo and Vicky

As with the legendary Phoenix, this once mighty society will simply not die. Rising from the ashes a new a greater society is formed.

Long live Phoenix_(X)_Omega

All new comers and experienced players and colonists from all levels are welcome.

HUH?? did i miss something?

I guess sndlwood is starting a new society called Phoenix_(X)_Omega.

I notice the first post has been amended yesterday with the new soc name. I think the old soc was called Phoenix Omega, i might be mistaken on that.

Anyway if my understanding is correct considering the events that have transpired it's better not to muddle names i.e. the original post of this thread should be restored to the original society name (the society that in effect no longers exists). It should be made clear Phoenix_(X)_Omega is a new society with no relation to the old one...This would save a lot of misunderstandings imho.

ROFL.

Interested parties should surely read https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/soctalk/152292-former-phoenix-omega-society-fund.html upfront to learn how Si deals with his soc mates.

Phoenix_(X)_Omega a Brief History

[...]

Predictably, and with a heavy heart, Several players left Old Alphas. The story of Phoenix_(X)_Omega might never have happened but for the insight of one particular man, Si'Thaiphooh sndlwood McQueen. What made Old Alphas so strong was not its name and history but its members. McQueen conducted secret meetings and the framework for a new stronger society was formed. Determined not to repeat past mistakes a new society structure was drafted onto paper. Leadership would not rest in the hands of one absent person, we would be a True Guardianship.

On the earth date of 2006-07-25 03:01:50 Phoenix_(X)_Omega came into existence. And true to our democratic ideals our first leader was elected, Merl Merlin Lancelot. He served us well as our leader with his wise and fatherly ways. His year long residence came to an end and our governing council wisely elected Si'Thiaphooh sndlwood Mcqueen as our second and current leader.

Over time many of our strong members have gone missing. Bravely searching out new planets to settle, they have disappeared into the folds of time and with them, some younger members vanished as well. The Calypso-bound and hard working members of Phoenix_(X)_Omega, those who stayed behind have fought to raise the Phoenix_(X)_Omega banner in every aspect possible and continued to fight on despite our dwindling numbers.

[...]

Interesting rewrite of the history.
What about the 3rd leader: chips?
After stealing our peds, you also steal our name and achievements.

BARF

I guess sndlwood is starting a new society called Phoenix_(X)_Omega.

I notice the first post has been amended yesterday with the new soc name. I think the old soc was called Phoenix Omega, i might be mistaken on that.

[....]

You're not. Someone is apparently so desperate that he lost all sense of morality.

All hail to the great chief Si Sndlwood McQueen, nickname woody :yay:

HUH?? did i miss something?

Apparently. You've been eliminated from history. Ausradiert...

But ofc your video was good enough to be used (ofc without credit).

How low can you go.

Last edited:
Visited the soc terminal. There is one member: pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin.
Where is the glorious leader from the start post ?????

Also motto:
"Honor is our guide, ..."

Si, if honor is your guide you know what you have to do ;)

D.

Last edited:
this is beyond nuts.

If someone figures out whats going on.. let me know.
I really dont have a clue.

Just quoting an earlier message here, before it is edited too.

Most Phoenix Omega members decided to join Rapture of Rebellion (RorR), and the old Phoenix Omega is dead. It has 7 sleeping members left and when you inquire about the leadership it says something like "no data available".

Woody hijacked this thread by modifying the start post. This guy is totally unreliable, (and b.t.w. not affiliated with RoR in any way).

FYI

The active members of Phoenix Omega are currently in negotiations with the members of Rapture of Rebellion to merge our members into a single society under the governance of RoR. Though we have not been able to reach all our members to confer with them on this matter, we trust that all our good friends will want to join us in this new and exciting opportunity.

Our foundation society will need to remain in place until all members have had the chance to decide for themselves their best course of action. As soon as we have the go-ahead from Lilac and the other members of RoR we will begin the transfer process.

Our search for other members in abandoned societies will continue. If you are bored in your current society, because of dwindling numbers, inactivity, poor governance or lack of strong leadership, we welcome your application and will review each applicant on a first come first serve basis. Preference will be given to those with experience.

On behalf of the Governing Counsel of Phoenix Omega I welcome the opportunity to work together in our efforts to help colonize Planet Calypso and achieve success for all our members and friends.

This history of Phoenix_(X)_Omega is as much an historical dramatization as was the original. It has been edited to reflect current and future conditions. The failed society of the same name still exists, but most of those members have transferred to Rapture of Rebellion, as from a sinking ship.

Phoenix_(X)_Omega has always been known in game with the unique hyphenation _(X)_ therefore I decided to give it a rebirth. We are in no way associated with RoR and when the time is right the new society will include original members.

Clearly some of the ex-members are still bitter over past issues and have decided to bring their ill-feeling from a thread that was shut down here to this thread. For my part the issues of the past have been concluded, but I'm sure the back stabbing and hatred will continue to haunt me.

Those who know me well know that my intentions are good. The rest of you can slag off back into your dark holes of accusation, suspicion and petty name calling.

Phoenix_(X)_Omega will never die.

ROFL.

This is becoming more and more amusing.

Wrt transferring from the sinking ship.
Who exactly was it who encouraged everyone to leave Phoenix Omega?
And who was kicked from RoR ?
Hint: it was one of us and it was not me.

And I am not back stabbing you. No need to. You're perfectly capable to do that yourself.

I just want to make people aware on how you treated your fellow soc mates with the soc fund and I want them also to be aware that you do not split when you loot an item in a team hunt.
And apparently more people have issues with you. At least that is what I am concluding from the post from Az Bloodz.

And sure, your intentions are good. For yourself that is.
Are you going to start a new soc fund :laugh:

And why is it needed to hijack this thread. Couldn't you start your own thread???

People remember: when there's smoke, there's fire!

its turning into a heated debate feel the :locked: coming.... yes... yes.. i can smell it :laugh:

Status
Back