Pics, Video interviews and more from GenCon

Dion Red Strike

Stalker
Society
SoF
Dion Red Strike
Ok, this will be my official thread with lots of stuff from GenCon 2008..

It's gonna take a few days to get everything up. So, I'll kick it off first with the article published in Massive Gamer magazine. A 3 page article with a SWEEEEEET graphic on the inside back page. Glossy!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
Nice article, probly the most honest one I've seen :)

Brilliant article! Thanks for sharing Red.

Jamhot

Interesting article. Though someone might want to tell John Bates that BPs don't drop from mobs, and that CND wasn't sold in 2008 :laugh:

Last edited:
That was fun .. I want more.

Bones

I met John at the event in California this month and his is just as he seems from the articule. Like a kid in a candy store:).

I didn't see the part about CND being sold I thought he said Jon turned down a million dollars for CND.

Thanks for posting the pics Red.

Entropia is not an easy story to get across - but I reckon John Bates has done a stellar effort on this one.

Nice artikel... nice adds for Cry²

I forgot to reserve a post for more stuff.. so consider this post reserved ;)

Nice to see the PoE pic I took is getting a little photoshop make over and some press :laugh:

Great articles thanks for sharing.

hm is only pic as is cry eng 2 news? :S

almost got giddy then for crytopia update pics.. still good either way:)

That's a great article, but i don't think he meant to say "The value of your brain in Entropia can't be understated." :laugh:

Still, that story is definitely the best context i've ever seen given for EU.

Great Post of the Article, Dion!! :cool:

Dion won't "toot his own horn" so....

....there were many different press outlets that came by the booth to talk to JB and when JB finished his pitch he would walk the reporter over to Dion (and others present) to give the press an idea of what players are doing in-game.

So watch Blogs, mags, Ezines, etc. for the next few weeks.... Red's Radio on EntropiaRadio.com will get more coverage. ;)

Good Job, Dion! :cool:

darri

That's a great article, but i don't think he meant to say "The value of your brain in Entropia can't be understated." :laugh:

No, he was right :)

If it can't be understated then if you say it is worthless, you can't be underestimating its worth, so it is worthless.

If it can't be overstated, then if you day it's worth a million pounds, you can't be overestimating its worth, so it is worth at least a million pounds.

See also "could care less" vs "couldn't care less" :)

(EDIT: Which is what Doer said. I am an idiot.)

Last edited:
No, he was right :)

If it can't be understated then if you say it is worthless, you can't be underestimating its worth, so it is worthless.

If it can't be overstated, then if you day it's worth a million pounds, you can't be overestimating its worth, so it is worth at least a million pounds.

See also "could care less" vs "couldn't care less" :)

Yeah, that's my point. He said "understated" when he should have said "overstated"; unless, of course, he was trying to say that brains are worthless in EU.

"Could care less" is an idiomatic morph of "Couldn't care less" used by people for whom you can't understate the intelligence.

Yeah, that's my point. He said "understated" when he should have said "overstated"; unless, of course, he was trying to say that brains are worthless in EU.

"Could care less" is an idiomatic morph of "Couldn't care less" used by people for whom you can't understate the intelligence.

Doh, I misread your post. Guess which one of us comes out looking stupid here :laugh:

hehe, it could have beena typo... or, maybe he meant to say that ;)

Either way, I loved the article, and the mag wasn't so bad either :p

~Red

Brill find! Thankyou!
Frankenberry

Nice to see an article. In some places he hits the nail on the head...like about how 'special' the community is.

In other places, he just seems to be blowing that typical marketing smoke i.e. "hundreds of professions"... When I see an error like this, from either incredible ignorance, or just a complete disregard for truth and honestly, I start to lose my trust in the integrity of those involved in the development of EU. A good salesman knows his product, and a truly good products does not need false exaggerations to sell it. Unless your whole marketing is simply - cast a big net, and catch the 1% of addicts out there. I would really like to believe that I am not just seen as a 'sucker' but I wonder if this is how Mister Bates sees me.

Aside from this, that got my dander up, I enjoyed the article. It was nice to see something in print about EU...and in most other respects, I think he did a good job representing the non-game. So, overall...hat's off.

(sorry if I am a downer, but dishonesty in sales really bothers me). I do sales.... and consider my integrity to be one of my selling points....and you all know me.. never shy to share my stinking opinions ;)

In other places, he just seems to be blowing that typical marketing smoke i.e. "hundreds of professions"... When I see an error like this, from either incredible ignorance, or just a complete disregard for truth and honestly, I start to lose my trust in the integrity of those involved in the development of EU. A good salesman knows his product, and a truly good products does not need false exaggerations to sell it. Unless your whole marketing is simply - cast a big net, and catch the 1% of addicts out there. I would really like to believe that I am not just seen as a 'sucker' but I wonder if this is how Mister Bates sees me.

I've been in the universe for quite a few years now, there are still things that I don't know... I even learned a few new tricks while at the convention...

So, while a good salesman may know his product, this product is to expansive for anyone person to be able to explain with any sort of ease of understanding.

i.e. How many different emotes are there? Type of clothes? Colors? Textures? Professions?

You can't honestly say there aren't hundreds of professions. There are, you just haven't explored them all ;)

David is a great person, and he deinfately beleives what he's speaking about. To call him a sales person would be like calling a pastor/minister/revrend a salesman. He's not selling people on Entropia Universe, he's preaching to them about the possibilities of the universe.

Once upon a time, I called this universe a 'game'. I have since learned the errors of my ways ;) The games inside the universe are a small aspect of it. David is preaching about this universe, not the small games you can play while inside it ;)

You can't honestly say there aren't hundreds of professions. There are, you just haven't explored them all ;)

I am hoping that you made your post in a rush, and did not have a chance to really think about what you were saying logically. So, I am giving you the opportunity to correct it, my friend, before I respond and potentially embarrass you.

I am hoping that you made your post in a rush, and did not have a chance to really think about what you were saying logically. So, I am giving you the opportunity to correct it, my friend, before I respond and potentially embarrass you.

Drama :popcorn:

This post was too short. ;)

Nice video Red, i just saw it on youtube :thumbup:

Doesn't John Bates like totally rock! :D

All the best,

Jamhot

actually, prior to posting, I took about 20 mins to formulate my response...

I can name at LEAST 100 possible professions... mind you, hunting hogglo to me is a profession...

If you say 'I'm a hunter' then you are a generalized profession... one that hunt exo's is in a different class than one who hunts hogglos...

so, saying 'I'm a hunter' is different than saying 'I'm a deer hunter' than 'I'm a boar hunter'... it's really 2 different professions...

tryin to hunt a deer... then try to hunt a boar ;) Tell me it'sthe same thing :p

How many interviews were there and where do I find them? :)

Back