Pirate Exploit Exposed (video)

Seems very bannable to me for the majority of people, but in this case it's... let me just call them players (instead of what comes to mind) that serve MA in a certain way. Nothing will happen :(

Yeah but Mindark would earn more peds from this if they required attackers to do a certain percentage of damage to the ships healthbar before warp gets interupted - that way both sides would have to spent considerably more peds ;)
There is lots of solutions they could apply that would actually earn them more then now, many have been debated on this forum already.
But its not about spending its about exploiting and it should be dealt with because people are breaking the game rules and are confident enough about it to make fun of the fact that 'nothing will happen'.

Is this possibly an equipped broom in space? Ive noticed some vehicles doesnt activate the 1min delay down on ground. If you can equip guns and rep tools when thrown out, maybe a broom too?

:D

Great post and catch Alaina.I think needs to be moved to bugged section of the forum though..No worries I will do it. :yup:

Your all a bunch of loosers mate...
You think we can do that on que ?

Go back to the drawing board and think up another mystical story.

Look forward to holding up your warps alot more in future :yup:

If the person that the bug happens to didn't report it they can still be banned just for not reporting it. :wise:

Yeah but Mindark would earn more peds from this if they required attackers to do a certain percentage of damage to the ships healthbar

The problem here isn't MindArk or Pirates interrupting your warp but failure on your part to improve your strategy. If you were to launch quads from your mothership hangar then pirates certainly cannot fire on your ship from a safe distance. Quads against quads plus advantage is on your side as revive for your quads is close by.

If pirates disrupt your warp take them to task. Why sit back and let them get away with it?

The problem here isn't MindArk or Pirates interrupting your warp but failure on your part to improve your strategy. If you were to launch quads from your mothership hangar then pirates certainly cannot fire on your ship from a safe distance. Quads against quads plus advantage is on your side as revive for your quads is close by.

If pirates disrupt your warp take them to task. Why sit back and let them get away with it?
And there's still nothing to prevent the same exploit being applied, whether quads are launched or not.

You've somewhat missed the point of this thread there, George.

The thought which is expressed by several players:
Stagger, Chances (in video) unblockable? Why? They made a depo for 10-20k USD? That's no reason not to block them. But the MA may decide otherwise...
Somebody wrote a SC? What was the answer?

Yep, support cases have been written and the ball is firmly in Mindark's court now.

And there's still nothing to prevent the same exploit being applied, whether quads are launched or not.

You've somewhat missed the point of this thread there, George.

I don't think I have missed the point at all. I've quoted the relevant parts below to make it absolutely clear the point I was addressing. JBK and Alainax were complaining of pirates disrupting warp. That is the point I was addressing.

Why is this a problem?

The first is the annoying and already being looked into by MA of warp harassment. This is where pirates have no intention of killing a ship, they just want to stop it from warping. They do this by sitting exactly out of range of the motherships guns, and fire off one shot every time she tries to warp. Hence stopping the warp. The Mothership is much slower than the qauds, so can’t chase after them, and as the quads are sitting out of range of her guns, so she can’t kill them.

Yeah but Mindark would earn more peds from this if they required attackers to do a certain percentage of damage to the ships healthbar before warp gets interupted - that way both sides would have to spent considerably more peds ;)
There is lots of solutions they could apply that would actually earn them more then now, many have been debated on this forum already.
But its not about spending its about exploiting and it should be dealt with because people are breaking the game rules and are confident enough about it to make fun of the fact that 'nothing will happen'.

I don't think I have missed the point at all. I've quoted the relevant parts below to make it absolutely clear the point I was addressing. JBK and Alainax were complaining of pirates disrupting warp. That is the point I was addressing.
Ask yourself what the video is about. Disrupting the warp is involved, yes, but this is not a new thing. What is new is the pirate's use of an exploit to stay present and to be able to re-engage their target after having had their quad destroyed.

Exploits aside... the answer is because as usual.... people want everything easy around here.... Remember... the MS owner in this case... at least at one point.... figured other players should PAY to repair his ship.... he really does figure that everything should come to him easy because he spent a few bucks.

The repairing the quad while explodified however should be dealt with via ban hammer.

Menace

Ask yourself what the video is about. Disrupting the warp is involved, yes, but this is not a new thing. What is new is the pirate's use of an exploit to stay present and to be able to re-engage their target after having had their quad destroyed.

If you (meaning Dusk/Alainax/JBK) wanted to confine the discussion to that issue only then it would have been better not to mention the warp disruption. Since warp disruption was also an issue. I was only commenting on that particular issue only.

The fact it happened during an act of warp disruption is background.

I believe Alaina was trying to inform people of exactly what was happening here, in what circumstances.

Ahh The SPACE
Pirates frontier
There are exploits
of nebula virus
whit cheated speed and long range targeting
they pising of gameplay of players
as noone as before.......

the new trick is epic....
well MA responce is awaited , for now easy solution for me ,NO space NO depo until this is cleared

ARE WE ALL equal EQUAL ???? or some may do watever agains TOU and cant be banned ...

btw should i feel bad cause i report one of bugs and didnt use it ??
or should i feel good cause bug was fixed and i never heard pirates use it agains anyone..

The fact it happened during an act of warp disruption is background.

I believe Alaina was trying to inform people of exactly what was happening here, in what circumstances.

With all due respect that's not how it was presented to us.

Firstly quoting Alainax, "The first is the annoying and already being looked into by MA of warp harassment."

Secondly quoting JBK, "Yeah but Mindark would earn more peds from this if they required attackers to do a certain percentage of damage to the ships healthbar before warp gets interupted - that way both sides would have to spent considerably more peds
There is lots of solutions they could apply that would actually earn them more then now, many have been debated on this forum already."

Both are more than merely informing of the circumstances. JBK is offering a solution to what seems a non-existent problem. A solution that he would prefer rather having to fight pirates.

All sailors eventually find their sea legs, as such all space pirates eventually find their "space legs"...no biggie :silly2:

If you (meaning Dusk/Alainax/JBK) wanted to confine the discussion to that issue only then it would have been better not to mention the warp disruption. Since warp disruption was also an issue. I was only commenting on that particular issue only.

So whats your agenda george ? ;)
The topic of the thread is clear and Normandie is dealing with attacking pirates and out-of-range attacks for close to two years now - do you really want to read something into this for whatever reason ?
We made some cool new videos tonight of how we deal wiht a pirate mothership plus pirates quads when they fight on fair ground - aca pulling us with a warp mine.

You own yourself a mothership you should know exactly how broken gun turrets and attacking ranges are and how easily their range can be exploited - except if you just resell motherships instead of using them ;)

ARE WE ALL equal EQUAL ????

I wish only one (below)
1. If MA give a ban to Stagger and (maybe) other ppl (Chances) from NV, it will be great and job of this thread will be done.
2. If not (usual answer of MA - all works fine), this means that I can use all exploits too, and you too...
Im not an exploiter, but why not? I deposited more than 10k USD, why i cannot be a EQUAL? :laugh:
If MA after that give ban to me (or you) - you can say (and laugh) similar as Stagger (I seriously doubt that Stagger is adequate).
I hope that the answer of MA would be similar as the point of view of angry players.
I also hope that the answer content will appear in this thread ;)

Firstly quoting Alainax, "The first is the annoying and already being looked into by MA of warp harassment."

Secondly quoting JBK, "Yeah but Mindark would earn more peds from this if they required attackers to do a certain percentage of damage to the ships healthbar before warp gets interupted - that way both sides would have to spent considerably more peds
There is lots of solutions they could apply that would actually earn them more then now, many have been debated on this forum already."

Both are more than merely informing of the circumstances. JBK is offering a solution to what seems a non-existent problem. A solution that he would prefer rather having to fight pirates.
There's a two-and-a-half minute video presenting what the issue is.

As for JBK not wanting to fight pirates, I'm sure he would rather run his transport service uninterrupted. No doubt so would the other transprt providers. But instead he's had to fight off pirates on more than one occasion tonight.

I'll leave it there. As I said earlier on, the ball is very much in MindArk's court now.

Both are more than merely informing of the circumstances. JBK is offering a solution to what seems a non-existent problem.

This part my dear :)
Options like sending out a team of quads have their merits, however often the quad squadron can be shot down before their screen even loads.

Sorry it was a long post, can see how I may not have placed emphasis correctly. I did think I rambled a bit in the middle :ahh:
During a warp harassment that doesn't involve death cheating pirates, we will often send out the quad squadron to deal. Heck even ill fly out given half a chance! :laugh:

A solution that he would prefer rather having to fight pirates.

Nuhu!!! We :shower: fighting pirates :D

Although to be fair -
As for JBK not wanting to fight pirates, I'm sure he would rather run his transport service uninterrupted. No doubt so would the other transprt providers. But instead he's had to fight off pirates on more than one occasion tonight.

Dusk hit the nail on the head. Fun as it may be, we are here to provide a safe transport service through space. Shooting pirates along the way is just a bonus ;)

Last edited:
In general, the emphasis shifted.
Yes, pirates hinder transport links, and ship owners are interested in the elimination of pirates to make money. It is.
But the video clearly shows how Stagger repairs quad, and sits back at him straight in the space. It's 100% exploit. It should not be.
Instead, here comes the debate about what the MS owners simply eliminate a threat.

Ship owners don't want pirates eliminated. They provide them with skills and amusement, sometimes with annoyance as well. Without them there is less business. It's the cheating like speedhacks and this so self-proclaimed "god mode" and more that's just wrong.

I see only one solution. Turn off pvp while the devs figure out what to do about this exploit. (In the same manner they are currently investigating how to fix the problem of trapped mobs while we have the yellow " this creature" text message.)

I see only one solution. Turn off pvp while the devs figure out what to do about this exploit. (In the same manner they are currently investigating how to fix the problem of trapped mobs while we have the yellow " this creature" text message.)

That would be wrong. The economic effect of a missing threat (attack) must to be counted. Simply turn off - wrong way.

So whats your agenda george ? ;)
The topic of the thread is clear and Normandie is dealing with attacking pirates and out-of-range attacks for close to two years now - do you really want to read something into this for whatever reason ?
We made some cool new videos tonight of how we deal wiht a pirate mothership plus pirates quads when they fight on fair ground - aca pulling us with a warp mine.

You own yourself a mothership you should know exactly how broken gun turrets and attacking ranges are and how easily their range can be exploited - except if you just resell motherships instead of using them ;)

Pirates exploit vs. Normandie because of your attitude John.... the quoted post is a perfect example of that. I learned a LONG time ago... you cant get cocky all over the forums and NOT expect to get fucked with. If you weren't such a mouthpiece they wouldn't be bothering with you.

"Oh Mandie's so great... Oh look how much money I spent on her SI... Oh look how awesome we are....."
Oh... look how short your gun range is! now your customers may suffer long waits because of your cocky-ness.

Menace

Trolling and troll-feeding aside, I think it's a great video! xD

Pirates exploit vs. Normandie because of your attitude John.... the quoted post is a perfect example of that. I learned a LONG time ago... you cant get cocky all over the forums and NOT expect to get fucked with. If you weren't such a mouthpiece they wouldn't be bothering with you.

"Oh Mandie's so great... Oh look how much money I spent on her SI... Oh look how awesome we are....."
Oh... look how short your gun range is! now your customers may suffer long waits because of your cocky-ness.

Menace

Just because someone is good at something and is advertising this because he is running a service doesnt give anyone the right to use 'exploits'.
Nor does it help if certain people from my 'fanbase' try to point on every sentence of me that is answering someone elses post - either one can stay ontopic or one cant but this thread is about an exploit and not about me so maybe if you want to talk about me do it in pms.

Trolling and troll-feeding aside, I think it's a great video! xD

Typical space thread... the drama and theater rips right out of them :laugh:

Im glad the video worked :) :yay:

I was worried I didn't get the angles right to show it properly, hence the daft long explanations.

The blooming videos started at 900mb each, and there's 5 of them :laugh: My poor soc mate had to do all the work to them :ahh:

Last edited:
The topic of the thread is clear and Normandie is dealing with attacking pirates and out-of-range attacks for close to two years now...

Thanks for clarifying topic of thread. Hope Dusk is reading that as he seems to have an issue of me talking about that.

I hear of the allegedly broken gun turrets. In my opinion though they are not broken they seem to be purposely designed to have a low range. Just like the mothership is purposely designed to have slow speed.

The way I see it someone using the range of mothership to their advantage is not an exploit merely strategy. It's for you to devise an effective counter strategy and not to call them exploiters since they are using features presented to us by MA.

As to me not using my mothership I don't see what relevance that has to this but sigh since you want to make an issue of it here we go. You are quite right I don't use it for any commercial business. Sometimes I may move it a little so it doesn't rust from non-use. Sometimes I use it for repair skilling, transport, hunt trip but thats pretty rare these days. Mostly it sits idle in space.

I don't resell motherships. I did however sell my original mothership but was unable to buy same one back so bought a different one instead.

There's a two-and-a-half minute video presenting what the issue is.

Please read JBK's comment makes it clear what the other issue we are discussing.

Options like sending out a team of quads have their merits, however often the quad squadron can be shot down before their screen even loads.

Again have to try and devise a strategy to overcome that. If going out to warp from SS maybe it would be wiser to launch quads in SS so they are safely launched and have had time to load their screens? Surely that's not a big deal?

When coming out of warp you would need to have a squadron of quads at destination to make sure area is safe.

George, If you want to discuss strategies , its topic for another thread.
If you want to lookup all the issues with gunning ranges and how the gunner seats were wrongly assigned to the existing turrets or about mindark trying to fix it and actually making two more turrets unuseable after the ships first switch between space servers - you can also do this on many other threads.

Dusk understood me very well from the start while you seem to read me from a different viewpoint, lets leave it at that, we have had our 'different viewpoints' on what was said in the past already.
This thread is about an exploit being used.

And i think you will have to agree that avatars are not supposed to run around in space, shooting with equipped guns or utilizing repairtools to fix their quads again and again while making fun of how mindark doesnt care.

Back