Planet calypso content release 2012.4

I've actually been seeing a lot of EU advertising on various sites I've visited recently. It was quite the surprise I kept on seeing the EU banner pop up on different and even on non gaming sites.
That they have been doing for a while now, but they were supposed to start some bigger marketing campaign after fixing the starting thingstuffs.

Thank you very much...
I know ill be looted many times with my pyr now but guess what - i dont care - isntead ill have some thrills again

VERY GOOD JOB MA

also - to all nib fuckers who called me names when running away in quads...
ill find you, torture you and kill you

AMEN

GOOD JOB MA..... ITS ABOUT TIME... No more hiding in your vehicles. time to fight for your resources

GOOD JOB MA..... ITS ABOUT TIME... No more hiding in your vehicles. time to fight for your resources

then they should nerf tiered weapons and rocket launchers in lootable? now that vehicles are gone all that matters is who has the highest tiered L weapon? ;)

Noone has mentioned "taming" yet - anyone fancy a bet when the first post on it will pop up?
(excluding this one, ofc)

And now that we've excluded it:

Damn you MA, burn in hell for not bringing back taming!

No problem MA has told os that the taming will come before the end of 2010 --> then 2011 --> then 2012.
Will see what next word will be --> before the year 2013.:laugh:

then they should nerf tiered weapons and rocket launchers in lootable? now that vehicles are gone all that matters is who has the highest tiered L weapon? ;)
Survival of the fittest. I don't PVP myself, but that is kinda what PVP is about.

Nice update. I'm looking forward to trying the new colonist experience for myself. Also shorter, less dark, nights sounds great to me :wtg:

The new moon is huge and very cool.

Visual bug: Stars appear in front of the moon :ahh:

Does anyone notice the clouds and moon (although cool looking) are just a static background after this VU?

Survival of the fittest. I don't PVP myself, but that is kinda what PVP is about.

of course, but at some point in time there was a balance between armour and weapons?
then came tiering and vehicles, now half of the balance has been removed because the good people at MA cant code their way out of a paper bag? :)

Do they not move anymore? Or have depth?

Well, at least in the area around Shinook Jungle tp the clouds are moving.

... c.c.c.can't ... go ... to ... sleep ... :eyecrazy:

Just kidding, really like the look of it! :yup:

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the new item section of the hof list a bit out of whack?

I remember several discoveries in the last two hours that I cannot find on the list and the string thingy looks a bit strange :scratch2:

NPC Bukin at Icarus Camp rewards you with a knife, Bukin's Blade, which with 95 attacks/min is the second fastest melee weapon in game. 3.5-7.0 damage range, fruit-tested decay is 1.7 pec, which gives us eco of 2.8566 dmg/pec.

It's given to you fully broken, so you have to repair at least 50% of it's full 34ped tt to be able to use it.

Last edited:
NPC Bukin at Icarus Camp rewards you with a knife, Bukin's Blade, which with 95 attacks/min is the second fastest melee weapon in game. 3.5-7.0 damage range, fruit-tested decay is 1.7 pec, which gives us eco of 2.8566 dmg/pec.

It's given to you fully broken, so you have to repair at least 50% of it's full 34ped tt to be able to use it.

What is "fruit-tested decay" ?!

Yo, more server load for next to no dmg!!!11 ;)

I take it that this knife has SIB? Somewhere in the opalo range?

u get this reward for what? grinding mission? scouting, or just visiting?

u get this reward for what? grinding mission? scouting, or just visiting?

It's the final reward for Bukin's mission chain. The first mission is to bring him 20/10 caudatergus/bery trophies (punies around the base drop them, but not every one), second is to bring 5 Daikiba trophy (closest Daiki are at the green spot NW from the base), and the last one is to kill The Atrax (L9 puny) north from the base.

This is a chain of missions apparently, but is it a dozen?
Which other ones are out there?

This is a chain of missions apparently, but is it a dozen?
Which other ones are out there?
Another NPC at the base have a chain of simple missions (check several turrets, kill 10 trupidions etc) too and rewards with a part of CDF Scout armor (UL, very low stats). I got thighs, don't know is it random or other parts are given by some other npcs.

Another NPC at the base have a chain of simple missions (check several turrets, kill 10 trupidions etc) too and rewards with a part of CDF Scout armor (UL, very low stats). I got thighs, don't know is it random or other parts are given by some other npcs.

Its 9 new missions in Icarus.

I mentioned only those that reward with items :)

Any new missions on Caly outside of Icarus?
Also, are there any places left with normal nights, without that megawatt bulb above?

I have a hard time finding these. This seems to imply at least 36 new ones...

And i looked pretty much all over the place (inc lots of talking to mission brokers) and didn't find any more. so .. umm.. dozen == 3 ? They made all the missions for newbs only, and most of these are in Thule,. but they forgot to mention it ?

I am very disappointed with the VU so far.

Is it just me or the graphics look cartoonish now? (All at V.High)

SETTLEMENT UPDATE
It is no longer possible to teleport to a location within 150m of an oil rig.
It is no longer possible to use or spawn a vehicle within 25m of an oil rig.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

yay, a new tp!

where is icarus?
EDIT: nvm idiot question

Last edited:
Back