Planet Calypso - Population origins

Jesus MA its bad enough when we ask questions and only get vague mumbling answers from you.
Now YOUR asking vague questions and give no reason for them?:scratch2:

4 pages of replies to your opening post and no reply from you?

From what i can see you've stirred up Nationalistic feelings in whats supposed to be a game where we all play together.

How can you answer a question if you don't know why the question is being asked?
FFS pull your finger out and give us the reason for your question and if you start a post then monitor it and respond more quickly in future :mad:

What he said, only my settings show 15 pages now and counting. If I had my wish, even the WoF would not be about Earth based countries, but about the planet and place we have made our new home, so maybe Team Sakura, Team Argus, Team CND etc. Having some areas and towns that have some 'nationalistic' flavor to the architecture and flora that may remind us of our roots on Earth is all well and good, but since we are on an alien planet, we are all one now, making a new world, hopefully a better one.

Hello,

Say that we very roughly divide the real life Earth population into the following groups, which group would you associate to which Eudoria/Amethera city/outpost?

Groups
- Scandinavian
- German
- French
- Spanish
- UK
- USA
- Asian

Fire away!

after around 500 B.C-1200 B.C geography..and medieval history of each country!:cool: The Middle Ages is the best part of history:)..and EU will have his part in it:):D..in the modern one:wtg:

What he said, only my settings show 15 pages now and counting. If I had my wish, even the WoF would not be about Earth based countries, but about the planet and place we have made our new home, so maybe Team Sakura, Team Argus, Team CND etc. Having some areas and towns that have some 'nationalistic' flavor to the architecture and flora that may remind us of our roots on Earth is all well and good, but since we are on an alien planet, we are all one now, making a new world, hopefully a better one.

good point!
Also, it is possible to name mountain, lake, river, bay etc by countrys whos ppl actually participate EU... ther is plenty of lakes or mountains so it will no problem to mention all...

MA staff. In the caves under New oxford and on hidden Island west of troy :silly2:

Oil Rig and the rest of Eastern Eudoria must be in Asian group. All tax hunting+mining must be spending to directly to Asian account :laugh:

just j/k, why do we need to do that work??

Project-Entropia as I read is a virtual world, it's not real world.

What are u planning, Marco?? :scratch2:

I associate the Balkan Region with Zychion Citadel... much devastation and beutifull nature around... just my 2pec :D

HEI!!!!
Dont insult !!!!!!!!! Yes, Estonia was part of that red s***thole - but that does not mean we are russians!!!!! And never will be!:mad:

jesus.... in fact ask anyone from Baltic (Latvia, Lithuania) what they think abuot that kind of brilliant mindwork!

I was talking about dividing up the world along very approximate LANGUAGE lines here, based upon the 5 or 6 most widely spoken languages in Entropia, for which it is likely that the client software may potentially be translated into, for the purposes of providing a friendly and easily understandable starting place for those who may not speak multiple languages.

It simply wouldn't be practical to have, say, an Entropia Guide for every single European language.

I'm perfectly aware that some of those countries listed do not share an official national language that is the same as the category in which I have placed them. However, they were allocated on the basis of common geographical location and the percentage of the population who can most easily understand a given language category as a second language.

You may have noticed that I intentionally avoided explicit mention of Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania, and personally I would have probably lumped those together with Finland, Sweden and Norway.

However, remember that my post was talking about common languages not about national identities. Russian is the most widely spoken second language in Estonia, and I find it very unlikely that MindArk are planning on releasing an Estonian language client.

Nonetheless, the purpose of my post clearly wasn't to offend (and I feel that I did a far better job of that than Marco actually did ,-). It does help to actually read what I wrote rather than leaping to some rash, and inaccurate assumption. I never claimed that anyone was “Russian”, I was talking about a language. However, I apologise if you took offence from my lack of clarity in the post and I will amend the original to disambiguate what I actually meant.

My original post was merely meant to suggest that it might be useful for some new players to spawn where there is also a Russian speaking Entropian Guide (in the absence of a guide who speaks their own native language).

Last edited:
What are u planning, Marco?? :scratch2:
Port Atlantis is so laggy and full of scammers... maybe there will be several different spawn points for new arrivals according to IP.

the problem is, few places are suitable for newcomers... maybe Atlantis Haven and Jason Centre would do.

See my previous post. German is a very common second language studied and spoken in Poland (in the absence of MindArk creating Polish client software). However, I have a suspicion that English may have taken over that position in recent years since Poland's accession to the European Union and the prospect of new work opportunities abroad?

My original post was merely meant to suggest that it might be useful for new Polish players to spawn where there is also a German speaking Entropian Guide (in the absence of a Polish speaking guide).

:cool:

Last edited:
Im from Portugal and my home in EU is on the ground burning ammo :D okkkkk at Echidna.

Hello,

Say that we very roughly divide the real life Earth population into the following groups, which group would you associate to which Eudoria/Amethera city/outpost?

Groups
- Scandinavian
- German
- French
- Spanish
- UK
- USA
- Asian

Fire away!
You must be bored at work...

Port Atlantis is so laggy and full of scammers... maybe there will be several different spawn points for new arrivals according to IP.

the problem is, few places are suitable for newcomers... maybe Atlantis Haven and Jason Centre would do.

They used to do this.

You used to spawn at any random location on the map.

But I was spawned when they had a few spawn points in towns like PA, Argus, AH, Zeus, TI etc.

Heya!

Here are a few places i usually associate with old earth's actual locations. They are random, so I'm not following any particular order on the Eudorian/Ametheran maps:

Port Atlantis - Iberian Peninsula (Portugal/Spain due to proximity to ocean of actual name! Also, in the V, VI century that area saw heavy ship traffic, and that's what we have this present day on Eudoria!)

Sakura City - Japan/China (Taking in consideration the name alone, i see it as pure Japanse! The city reminds me a sort of "New Tokio" on Calypso! And the Cherry Trees with open blossoms there make it a must! Needs more decorations thou!) :D

Fort Troy - Greece/Turkey/... (Most places around Aegean and Adriatic seas! Homer's Odyssey comes to mind here; specially the Trojan War)

Fort Pandora Northern Africa/Egypt/Morocco (Mostly about the surroundings of this place; deserts as far as the eye can see with luscious green areas down south!)

Nymphtown - France (Fashionable place! :yay:)

Camp Caravan, Camp Echidna - Western Europe

Altas Areas - Australia

New Swiss - Dhuu! :silly2:

Treasure Island - North America (With TI City a strong contender for New York City!)

Oshiris Hearts South America (Brazil maybe, but tropical rain forests always come in to mind while i'm there!)

Shinook Jungle - Germany

Solfais Crater/Segna Forest - Russia

New Oxford - United Kingdom (almost forgot this one, but had a hint from someone and i agree! This place has a great feeling of old English education)

*All Forts, in general, have Greek based names. Some picked from mythology or tales from the Odyssey/Iliad (Corinth, Fury, Medusa, Argus, Zeus,...) It's hard to make a proper match to actual places or population areas with these without thinking about the same! :scratch2:

And that's about it! Might update the post later if i do recall something else!

Last edited:
Hi,

I haven't read the whole thread so I'm not sure id someone hasn't mentioned this before...

If you want a really accurate answer i would recommend Building up a time-statistics based on IP of all logged in users for say a month...

The IP address of a client can give you precise location information regarding country of origin. If you log on the location of each participant with time spent in each "server" or location area. You can over a few days or a month build a precise picture of nationality percentage in that area.

Talk to one of your programmers to implement it ... it shouldn't take too long.. a day or two at most.

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

they got to implement shrimp first.
otherwise what you gonna put on the barbie as a snack befor the trox steak :confused:

No room for confusion here. Lots of Aussies like out plonk and prawns yeah:)
MA may not have any crustaceans for us to barby yet but Deathifiers got a huge fridge full off hog steaks for us Aussies. After all he breed and slaughters em, all he needs is to put em to good use on the new barby
...common MA give us meat cookin gear at TI Bar and dont forget the beer on tap :D

Last edited:
delete double for above

Last edited:
Scandinavians west of Fort Fury ? :laugh:
Clumsy ,cold and not very friendly.

Ehrmm.. that was kinda offensive dont u think? Didnt like that kinda talk..
How many estonian ppl dont get help from sweden irl?

I am missing my group here so probably not important :scratch2:

Our beloved Marco! (Day without lubrificant is a wasted day, i'd say :D)

If you really want to know where players from different countries gather, checking IP addresses might be the fastest and most reliable way of research. But I'm sure you know this and there is some other reason behind your question. Revealing what the reason is could help you get more decent answers.

If you would like to redecorate some places to make some places feel like home for some EU players, you've forgot about many nations around the globe and players from places other than mentioned may feel abandoned... Secondly, Calypso should be different from Earth as much as possible and maintain "alien" feel and look. I remember that when I started playing, everything was very exciting and unusual because it was so different. All these purple or red plants, strange rock formations and so on. Even when I've later seen some strange plant on Earth, I used to think about it as of clearly calypsian import. So having Calypso different is a nice reason to explore it.

If you are thinking about Calypso time zones, I'd say what will matter is keeping one central clock. You can set PA time (the same as MA time anyway) and set all other time zones accordingly. I'm sure that for example German players don't mind gathering in some place no matter it's day or night. I usually log in and out in Hadesheim Central and it doesn't matter for me if it is day or night there (well, now it's day only, but you get the point). As long as I can TP to the day/night/dawn/dusk zone whenever I want. It's my internal clock that says me when to sleep, eat, work and EU/PED card that says me when to hunt, mine or craft. I don't know about any places dominated by any terrestial nationality. There are days when I see a lot of French on global chat in Hades C, few days ago it was dominated by German, sometimes there is Swedish, usually and in most of places around Calypso dominates English anyway.

If you want to split starting areas according to nationality, it's bad idea. Having it centralized in PA gives new players the biggest chance to find someone speaking their language anyway. I'd even go a bit further with this centralization, but it's the subject for another thread (in preparation).

If you want to create a storyline based on terrestial nationalities, it's worst idea ever. I think WoF is more than enough to allow players to show their patriotic feelings.
One thing that is great and crucial in online games is that one can meet people from around the globe, from different cultural backgrounds. I'm very happy to know people from places very distant from my current location and I think it's great thing.

I hope it helps a bit,
Hawkwood

South of Ittacha seems to be the place where all "golddiggers" go so I guess it must be North America :)

Minipolis should be UK mixed with US and AUS.

Simply because of fully fluently english speaking nations.

Holland has a rich trading tradition. Holland is also very flat. and it's close to sea.
All of this would make Holland situated at port atlantis. (twin peaks has mountains and not close to sea)

Atlas island = scandinavia and UK

I think Atlas Haven is very British... But so is Fort Troy! And you can't get any more British than New Oxford! and Twin Peaks is pretty close! Aghh:eek:

I've confuddled myself:(

And soiled myself but shhh!

Melon

Back