Planet Calypso - The Next Chapter

calm down guys. the answers to this questions wont change a wet shit. its answers, letters/words/sentences ... no line of code will be written the time this "answers" will be here :tongue2: .. and given the fact how ma/fpc/see/sds/abc/ocb/xyz... acted in the past i doubt the "quality of facts" they will give with their "answers"

will the outcome of this "Q(&A)" change your gameplay/return? no they wont. so why should i bother ... :dunce:

I don't think it's about just the questions and the answers. How about the fact that they can't keep even the simplest of promises? The fail to meet even the lowest standard of customer service on the little things, let alone the big things. There is no excuse for that. It's unacceptable behavior from a company.

I don't think it's about just the questions and the answers. How about the fact that they can't keep even the simplest of promises? The fail to meet even the lowest standard of customer service on the little things, let alone the big things. There is no excuse for that. It's unacceptable behavior from a company.

agreed. mebe my english is not good enough to make my point clear.
so i try again: everybody is so upset about getting this answers, but we all know that this answers will either be plain wrong or just PR blahblah :dunce: - at least thats what I learned over the years im here.
so i dont get why everyone insists on this answers, they wont change anything....i mean, when they not even can meet a deadline for answering a bunch of questions ...lol.... what did you all expect.

agreed. mebe my english is not good enough to make my point clear.
so i try again: everybody is so upset about getting this answers, but we all know that this answers will either be plain wrong or just PR blahblah :dunce: - at least thats what I learned over the years im here.
so i dont get why everyone insists on this answers, they wont change anything....i mean, when they not even can meet a deadline for answering a bunch of questions ...lol.... what did you all expect.

well I'm not really interested in the answers .. i know what they will be:

- Sorry i cant answer this
- I cannot comment on this
- its coming soon
etc etc...

I'm whining here because saying "Estimate ca. 2 weeks for the answer thread to be published" and overshooting the estimate by over 75% is just irritating .. I don't care about what they have to say ... what i do care is they are making us look like fools .. waiting, checking the forum in anticipation, expecting new forms of even better and communication... and instead we get what ... ???

n o t h i n g

not even excuses ... just "its not ready yet", "it will be here when it gets here", "stop asking and go away ... "

SAD!

We all know that those answers will not fulfill our expectations, and probably will tell us nothing more interesting than what we already know.

As other have said, what is irritating and unacceptable is the procastination, also in basic communication, the silence, the "not ready yet" (not only about Q&A), the "MindArk stuff", the complete lack of relationship between us and those who lead our (beloved?) game. It's really really very disheartening.

I'm sorry for Hanne, we all understand that she's only a passthrough, but she happens to be the only one posting here. And she is NOT the target of our criticism.

In a free game like CrossFire, worth 1/1000th of this one, updates are long anticipated, hints about new things everywhere, devs screenshot, a forum where developers/game managers post to explain things and to partecipate to the community. They seem PROUD to be in CF team, sometimes I just have the idea that someone at MA/SDS is not as proud. Please MA/SDS, learn something there.

isn't it Skam's job to talk to the community or something?

isn't it Skam's job to talk to the community or something?

It is ... but she doesn't work for MA but for SDS/SEE so she cant really talk for MA ...

Or maybe she can .. but she was there too long .. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do... " :p

Calling a Thread "The Next Chapter" and failing in it as always seems to be an indication to me that "The Next Chapter"
is the same shit on a different day. :rolleyes:

From what I can see, out in the real world not just in here, it is looking like "The FINAL Chapter" for this game. Basically out there in the worldwide game community Entropia is a big joke to laugh at. Sad to see something with so much potential in a flaming death spiral into the ground. :(

Let's hear what Dragonite Dad has to say about it

dd.jpg

well I'm not really interested in the answers .. i know what they will be:

- Sorry i cant answer this
- I cannot comment on this
- its coming soon
etc etc...

I'm whining here because saying "Estimate ca. 2 weeks for the answer thread to be published" and overshooting the estimate by over 75% is just irritating .. I don't care about what they have to say ... what i do care is they are making us look like fools .. waiting, checking the forum in anticipation, expecting new forms of even better and communication... and instead we get what ... ???

n o t h i n g

not even excuses ... just "its not ready yet", "it will be here when it gets here", "stop asking and go away ... "

SAD!

ermmm...honestly "aproximately two weeks" for me means "at least two weeks" and when she said "Wednesday" she did neither say which month nor year :D
We may feel like fools, because we want to believe and feel misused, but actually they look like fools.
They do their PR stunts because they have to, but at least they sould do it with some realism and at least a bit of honesty.
Good PR people can bring out bad news sounding like good news without spilling the whole truth and without lying. It's hose guys you will allways trust, because they never promise you anything and you even feel a bit good after bad news instead of feeling kicked down to the floor and kept on kicking. No matter how big the fan base is SEE is tapping in, if they do not stop acting like MA they will get a bad publicity which they will never lose again. I am not quitting EU, but I am surely not settling on Calyspso for long. I will only spend my time here unitl another Sci-Fi planet opens and try my luck there. Loot will surely be not better there, but I have the feeling they will at least care a bit more for their customers (aka "income").

Wow its yet AGAIN FRIDAY .... time flies when you just don't care anymore...

Ido

That made me laugh a lot :D Might have to add that under the hamster quote on my sig :)

PS I really liked the new non-L Hangar/spaceship vehicles we got in the first update of 2011. What did everyone else think?

,-)

Wistrel

PS I really liked the new non-L Hangar/spaceship vehicles we got in the first update of 2011. What did everyone else think?

,-)

Wistrel

Yeah and the new make-up we got at the end of last year is awesome :lolup:

The time lines and promises are just.... dynamic..

You know that right? You are the universe , universe is you, everything is dynamic :D

Neverdie is going to be in Texas at a convention in 2 weeks where he's suppossed to make some sort of an announcement. Would not surprise me if we see none of the Q&A answered til then. Let's hope like heck he's not going to announce that NDS and SDS are becoming one or something like that.

Let's hope like heck he's not going to announce that NDS and SDS are becoming one or something like that.

OHH MY GOD!!11!!1!!! NOOOOO :mad:
Don't write something like that. NEVER!!
Don't even think about it and especially don't make me think about it.... or I'll go :mad:

,-)

Wistrel

MA never stated that ships will be non-L. I will be not surprised if they will come with L ships or without ships at all.

MA never stated that ships will be non-L. I will be not surprised if they will come with L ships or without ships at all.

MA said that spaceships will function as UL vehicles to fly arround calypso for now.
I think that's what he meant?

Marco said it in his State of Calypso post from October 2010. At the time he stated

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?125-The-Planet-Calypso-State-of-Play-2010

Hangars will be put in the first FPC release after the new year. Initially the spaceships will not be a “space taxi” as before (as “space” will come in a later MindArk release). Instead, the space ships will work as unlimited flying vehicles. The hangars will once space is opened serve as an important part of the system.

MA may have decided it was too much development to link a vehicle to a deed and vetoed it in favour of waiting for the complete system. I still believe that we'll have L spaceships for anyone to own. Otherwise an extremely tiny group of people will have an entire system to themselves.

MA may have decided it was too much development to link a vehicle to a deed and vetoed it in favour of waiting for the complete system. I still believe that we'll have L spaceships for anyone to own. Otherwise an extremely tiny group of people will have an entire system to themselves.

I'd like to see VTOLs costing below 200 peds again first though.

I'd like to see VTOLs costing below 200 peds again first though.

they've probably started to limit the number due to them not being destroyed as they thought they would be (not enough people willing to use them in pvp) and that they've got no solution to the supposed exploit that they deliberately coded into them and announced to everyone.

They game them the reset agro function and announced it to the world as being an excellent feature, people start using to hunt big mobs without armor or fap and now they'll be accused of changing stats if turn the agro back on while also causing mob trains.

Until thats fixed I doubt the price will drop.

I still believe that we'll have L spaceships for anyone to own. Otherwise an extremely tiny group of people will have an entire system to themselves.

Lands system also belongs to tiny group of ppl, who paid for it. Now put yourself in hangar owner situation who paid money for it and I will take that system from you and give it to everybody. You would be very happy then I guess ;)

Ahhhh the:

Hangars will be put in the first FPC release after the new year. Initially the spaceships will not be a “space taxi” as before (as “space” will come in a later MindArk release). Instead, the space ships will work as unlimited flying vehicles. The hangars will once space is opened serve as an important part of the system.

MA said that spaceships will function as UL vehicles to fly arround calypso for now.
I think that's what he meant?

Marco said it in his State of Calypso post from October 2010. At the time he stated

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?125-The-Planet-Calypso-State-of-Play-2010

ok,ok...my faul :) i missed that....but tbh even now All vehicles works like unL ones if they could exist ( i mean work in same way - MA can say that was meaning of theirs " works as unlimited " :p

Ahhhh the:

There's certainly a lot that needs to get done, that's for sure. Between what we as players see and the backend of it all I'm sure there's much more to get done than we realize.

There are two important, basic things that need to happen in my opinion:

- see needs to communicate with us. As long as they do, effectively (and stop "no-commenting" our questions about roadmaps) then most of us will be happy knowing the important features are at least on a list and working their way up on that list.

- prioritize inclusions properly. The things we want need to come first. Things like big land purchases should come later.

All opinions, of course. If anyone is interested, I'm starting a blog on the recent events. Check it out! I saw earlier in this post that this game once had a vision and direction.. And although I'm certainly no veteran player, I think I, like anyone else in this game, can help rebuild that vision. After all, that's the beauty of this game, right?

Ahhhh the:

Yeah. You know I'm so glad I don't care as much anymore. By not caring and finding other things to do, I'm not as irritated when deadlines are missed, promises are broken, issues are handled incorrectly, and just the normal BS we've become so accustomed to.

So I don't get all bent out of shape and can be much happier.

I just realised I finally have come to the point I honestly can say Thank You to them for something. Imagine that.

I wanna play TIE Fighter in EU too! :lolup:

Back