Planet Cyrene set for 2010

misao

Alpha
Misao Donno
Nothing special but I thought I'd share this was posted yesterday.
At least it shows Planet Cyrene is not dead like the CRD planets :laugh:

"He realised there were young, talented artists here whom he thought he could develop into great designers and architects." Thomas maintains that if you recognise cultural differences, you can attain success from your staff. He expresses that what Creative Kingdom has done is take local Thai artists and offer them international projects, international standards, the best in technology and software, and allow them to hone their talents within their cultural comfort zone.

Robles always had a dream to create children's animation, and that dream came to fruition in Chiang Mai when he started a small 2D and 3D animation team that went on to make cartoons for Thai television. If you've ever seen Magic Panda and the Cool Kids, Bubble Warriors or the Trio Bunnies, you have Robles to thank for your viewing pleasure. Their small team of animation artists grew and grew; they are presently working on creating an entire animated virtual planet (Cyrene) for the online platform game - otherwise known as an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) - 'Entropia Universe', one of the biggest online games in existence with 810,000 registered participants from over 220 countries. The game is free to play though real planet Earth money is the only accepted currency in the Entropia Universe. "We've been on this eighteen months already and have sixty people working on the project," Thomas tells me, and takes me to look at some of the fantastic creations they are working on. It will launch sometime in 2010.
Source

Nice post :)

It's good to know that Cyrene and some of the other planets are not TOO far away :D

EDIT:
This quote answers something I know some people were doubtful about:
[Ed. In spite of Dubai's current economic woes, CNXwood project, says Creative Kingdom, will go ahead on schedule.]

Nice to read. :)

:yay: I cant wait!
Hope it's soon, cause those screenshots they released were amazing!

One of my favorite bars in Ft. Lauderdale has a sign on the wall that says-
"Free beer tomorrow".

With the new planets, no matter what year it is, they are always going to be launching later that year.

And there are more great things to come ;)

You might want to check this out:

Kind regards.
Ion

Sixty people on the project. Nice.

Is there a clause or something in planet partner contracts that says they must blatently lie in marketing campaigns?

Cyrene;
'Entropia Universe', one of the biggest online games in existence with 810,000 registered participants from over 220 countries.

Rocktropia;
Items range from under a penny to well over a million dollars!

etc etc..

nb: the bolded text is the blatent lie, for the slow folks.

Is there a clause or something in planet partner contracts that says they must blatently lie in marketing campaigns?

Cyrene;
'Entropia Universe', one of the biggest online games in existence with 810,000 registered participants from over 220 countries.

Rocktropia;

etc etc..

Depends how you define biggest online games... If EU is in the top 10% of registered accounts, then it is one of the biggest if you handle "being in top 10 most registered accounts".

The well over a million dollar is indeed more than ever payed for a single item, but how about a stack of 1M Valurite Ingots... that's 18.000.000 PED

So I agree with you that your bolded text is misleading ;)

The well over a million dollar is indeed more than ever payed for a single item, but how about a stack of 1M Valurite Ingots... that's 18.000.000 PED

So I agree with you that your bolded text is misleading ;)

clasics PR
i believe "a planet" can be recognized as "an item"

Depends how you define biggest online games... If EU is in the top 10% of registered accounts, then it is one of the biggest if you handle "being in top 10 most registered accounts".

I could list 100 games with over 1million registered users. There is no way at all that EU is even close to top100 most successful online games, unless it's top100 most expensive, in which case it'd be #1 next to online poker.
However, truely successful games don't quote registered users, they generally quote active users/subscribers as they don't need to inflate statistics to look good... one of the benefits of being truely successful.

"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't... unless they're Mindark's"

I'm not fond of companies that lie.

Interesting news, thanks for sharing. 60 people is quite a big team, looks they're taking this seriously :)

Rocktropia;

etc etc..

Isn't the "well over a million dollars" about rocktropia, which isnt yet implemented, though? :scratch2:

which means it might be added? :rolleyes:

Interesting news, thanks for sharing. 60 people is quite a big team, looks they're taking this seriously :)

I still wonder why all the planet sites look like a 14 year old made them at some free .tk template :p

no offence or anything but... the biggest sceptisim I get about new planets start as soon as I see the planet websites, they look very simple and insanely basic. yes, even rocktropia looks abit to cheesy :p

The original game site looks sleek and proffesional, and imo if they should be taken serious, less colour splashes, less basic photoshop stuff and more more proffesinalism, atleast when you know young teens can do better for free :p

EDIT: Even alot of the forum banners here on EF makes the planet sites look very bad, I mean, they look way to unserious and home made to actually be something that attracts the gamer of today, might attract people above 40, they may be really good and have a nice quality, but the layout really is bad for an first impression

I still wonder why all the planet sites look like a 14 year old made them at some free .tk template :p

no offence or anything but... the biggest sceptisim I get about new planets start as soon as I see the planet websites, they look very simple and insanely basic. yes, even rocktropia looks abit to cheesy :p

The original game site looks sleek and proffesional, and imo if they should be taken serious, less colour splashes, less basic photoshop stuff and more more proffesinalism, atleast when you know young teens can do better for free :p

EDIT: Even alot of the forum banners here on EF makes the planet sites look very bad, I mean, they look way to unserious and home made to actually be something that attracts the gamer of today, might attract people above 40, they may be really good and have a nice quality, but the layout really is bad for an first impression

I agree the websites from the planet partners need some work especially
the Next Island one.. =P

Although I do like http://www.digitalscryers.com/ but that not a planet
site but the people making Cyrene.​

I'm rather excited for this too. 60 people shows quite a bit of dedication, and I hope that they actually follow through, and don't delay, since RockTropia was supposed to be released in September 2009. ACCORDING TO THEIR SITE!

I'm rather excited for Cyrene, and possibly Next Island, since I want a rather realistic universe, not some weird Rock oriented one. But the undead could potentially be included, as long as they give it a deep and profound story. Maybe something going on with the 'orb' in Hadesheim. As if another was spotted on another planet, and instead of mutating, it fully killed and reanimated the citizens. Now, that's interesting! :p

Sixty people on the project. Nice.

I wonder if that includes staff at digital scryers. I suspect it doesn't. The reporter probably only looked at the office in Thailand where the report seems to be mainly based. So the 60 people could be just the ones working on the artwork and models etc

The total number therefore may even be more than 60

Cyrene;

I dunno - last time I installed, it was about 4.31 Gb thats pretty big ;) I think most PR firms only employ people with Phd's in bullshit.

Ahh, the other planets..

Sometime in 2010... if other game companies say this, it means 2010 in 70% of the cases...

Selling the lovely domain www.cyrene.eu now :).

Cyrene;

Rocktropia;

etc etc..

And about 5000 active players probably less.

i really thought that MA would be the momemtum going

right after SGA at least one new planet

well thats how i would do it is i was MA's CEO

Anybody know if these planets are gonna be heavily taxed or will it be FFA at the beginning, if so, that would make it very fun to go explore and hunt!

And there are more great things to come ;)

You might want to check this out:

Kind regards.
Ion

Interesting concept art...someone living in Boba Fett's helmet made me smile though. :)

Hope it goes well.

t

it is coming guys all that money invested by manypeople including us, is finaly going to have alot more to show

New planets......:coffee:

/Arwen

Interesting concept art...someone living in Boba Fett's helmet made me smile though. :)

Hope it goes well.

t

I didnt see it that way yet :D

But the different team members are all gamers, so expect to see more influence from other games.

It will be a interesting mix. ;)

Kind regards.
Ion

I dont wait for planets. Planets partners tell dates since long time but they dont know themself when they will be online.

We have always told our Planet Partner to say "coming soon" but their enthusiasm obviously took over,,,

Back