Plasma Hunting old style.

MsCoach

Old
Society
"Coach's Corner"
Alice MsCoach Alan
Plasma Hunting Platoon

Thanks to Hurrikane. This thread has been revived by myself but was originally posted by Hurrikane. I was wondering if people would still be interested in trying such a thing. Doesn't really matter what plasma's but bravo's at least. Amps well there negotiable. Tell me what you think and if you may be interested in forming one this weekend April 24-25. I personally have seen it done along time ago. And think it would be a blast to give it a try again.

Hi to all hunters who own a tagging gun, specifically a Marber.

This is a thread to set up the
Plasma Platoon
a highly-trained and organized fighting force to be called upon in Calypso's hour of need.

Our objective is to take a group of people who own and use Marber Plasma Rifles and meet bi-weekly for training.

Training will include controlled salvo, firing by rows and other tactics designed to maximize the Platoon's effectiveness as a fighting unit.

This is a rifle-only group; members can of course own and use any other weapons they choose in their EU life but when the Plasma Platoon meet the focus will be on long-range fire alone.

This is the first of hopefully several autonomous fighting units that will operate outside of in-game Societies. First we cover all things long-range; later units will deal with close combat and other disciplines.

To enter the Plasma Platoon you must possess one of the following:

Marber Echo/Echo ME/Bravo/Foxtrot/Foxtrot ME.

I appreciate there are equivalent guns in terms of power and range but to stay true to this concept the Plasma Platoon will be Marbers Only for now. With matched weapons the spectacle, as well as the opportunities for precise and ordered laying down of fire, are increased.

This could be seen as a Marber Fan Club but our intent is more serious than that. We aim to hone our performance to become a powerful functioning unit.

Those who recall the call-up for the FoF (the event that inspired the WoF) will know the maths; a full team of Marbers is a lot of damage to deal. Let's see just how much.

Those who wish to join should apply here with details of their Marbers
I must emphasize that this is not a Soc or Hunting Team, but a "club" set up to become useful in the future; when chaos reigns, the prepared don't worry.

Last edited:
very cool thread indeed. Thanks. I would love to resurrect this. If your interested please post and let me know. Thursday I will do my best to coordinate a time and notify everyone.

I'd love to meet up to participate in something like that. :yay:
Maybe we can camp SEG's for a while, since they can drop rare armor parts and Sculpting chairs. Then, we could close the rig. (hypothetically):laugh:

very cool thread indeed. Thanks. I would love to resurrect this. If your interested please post and let me know. Thursday I will do my best to coordinate a time and notify everyone.

Take it, run with it, change what you like, blow the crap out of stuff:)

Haven't the time or internet availability to manage this anymore, would be great if the Bravo Army rode again though; nothing like it:)

Hurrikane

Take it, run with it, change what you like, blow the crap out of stuff:)

Haven't the time or internet availability to manage this anymore, would be great if the Bravo Army rode again though; nothing like it:)

Hurrikane

Maybe you can give us some more info on what and way you hunted

Maybe you can give us some more info on what and way you hunted

Anything slow-moving works good:)

If Tantardions or Troopers were in a huge spawn of stalkers/Gen 10's, they would be perfect:)

As it is, we had great results against faster stuff, like Araneatrox, big Atrox, Hispidus, Caperon, Falx, Daspletors and more. Standing in the widest circle possible, no mob in EU can stand up to a team of 12 marbers:)

There will be overkill as any attempts to utilise smaller weapons for finishing get kinda lost after a few kills. The relatively low ammo burn (with such a slow reload there aren't actually that many shots before the mob dies) makes up for it in part, as do the globals along the way.

I'd say Proteron were worth a go, as would be Osseoculum, Malcruentors and even Warlocks. Any mob with a fair bit of health and size seems to work great.

We'd try to suggest everyone had at least 100 PED of ammo, which gives a nice fat hunt with a Marber alone. Amps and those with Foxtrots etc were coped with by using Stack Share, and duplicate or rival teams took a "you tag the left one we'll get the right one, first one to kill theirs gets the one in the middle" kind of arrangement.

A nice touch for any such event is to visit beforehand and find a nice spot on some high ground overlooking the spawn, as everyone knows snipers work best from an elevated position:) Then post the co-ords and make a base of operations. Also hiring Noobs or spare hunters to drag the spawn to you works well all round, especially with things like spiders.

Good luck, hope to make one of your events:)

Hurrikane

last time i did this was with globsters :p

(i watched tzepu die many times)

pure fun!

i have a FF no marber, can i join? :(

Hehe, long time ago we used to hunt Falx that way.

Great times indeed! :)

I sadly missed out on all the fun when this type of event last happened, it look like so much crazy fun. It would be great if this event was resurrected and happened more frequently, I bet it would be a real hit again.

I have updated my original post. Thanmks to Hurrikane for starting this thread in the pst. seems good minds think alike. If your interested in joining please post here and let me know. i will send everyone PM's thursday if not friday about meeting information for this weekend. Thank you a and i hope to see you all there.

****bumb****

Might be interested with my Bravo and noob skills :D

bump ..team forming up 4/12

bump ..team forming up 4/12

Sorry, bad timing for me :/

I can't stay up for so long as this probably will take because I need to get up at a decent time tomorrow morning (monday). I really would like to hve joined but it's a bit short notice and it's a bit too late for me, considering the hunt probably will go on for a few hours.

You can shoot me a pm when something is decided. I`ll see if the day and time works for me. Might even be able to drag another sniper or two from my soc.

Bit too late but I really LOVE PLASMA

So ... Guide Marber enough ?/ ALso got the apppg-1 for hunting so can I use that aswell?

Pm me if you go hunting with plasma only

run #1 on malcrunators:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

team still looking for more

Last edited:
Sure is great fun, even a noob like me can handle that plasma rifle :yay:

sounds interesting, ill like to try, send me a pm when you figure out the kinks

we will start 2nd run in ithaca in 5 min

run#2 on hisps -nothing-

run #3 on scabs/nec: