Player activity & longevity rewards!!!

jak

Elite
Society
Crimson Devils
je jak bam
Hi,

So, I'm one of maybe half a dozen or more players who have slugged out this "game" for over 20 years now. And I'll be honest, I feel like some sort of reward or something would be appropriate for all players!

Other games do this or similar with great success so this isn't any new concept and it is a very successful concept or so many others would not do it.

Daily activity rewards:

The system should reward "gifts" for being logged on consecutively for XX number of days. For example, if you log on each day for 10 days straight you get a 1hr 100% skill pill or something like that. Could even have it grow from 10% all the way to 100%. Example, the player is online each day for 5 days and gets a gift of 10% skill pill for 1hr, and then after 10 days online gets a 50% skill pill for 1hr, and after 30 days of logging on each day gets a gift of 100% skill pill for 1hr. Can even be a more valuable gift for 100 days of logging on each day.

Gifts for this should not be extra special or extra valuable; they should be such as skill pills, maybe some small run speed buffs, or other types of very low cost to the community but still a gift for players to be active in the game. It's possible to give a much better gift after a greater time of activity such as 100 days of being active maybe giving an account-bound hat or other piece of clothing or something like this.

The point of this should be obvious, encourage activity by giving a "carrot". The skill buffs could even be a 🥕 that you eat! :D

Longevity Rewards:

The system should be made to give out valuable gifts for milestones reached on your account. Gifts for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and 20 years. as an example. These gifts would be valuable and maybe most of them are account-bound. These would be both practical items and also maybe name tag or title tags that player could optionally show under their name as we do now with profesions.

For example, as the first year after creating your account, each player is rewarded an armor part, and each year after for 7 years you get each part of the armor.

Example, after 5 years in the game reward a whip for taming. Or maybe give an option of 1 of any weapon for one of the hunting professions.
Example, after 10 years in the game each player get a tagger that has 1 dps but has 150m range.
Example, after 15 years in the game players get a UL portable TT or Repair tool, account-bound of course.
Example, after 20 years in the game every player gets a warp-capable quad. account bound of course.

The above are just examples, and maybe on each milestone players get 3 types of "gifts", a title, some consumables, and a valuable account-bound gift.

The above is just ideas, and of course MA will implement if in the way they see it helping the community the best. The idea is to have some rewards for players being active and participating in this game we all have a love-hate relationship with!

If this is done I'm positive it will help both MindArk and the player base! And this is not anything new, this is done in other games with great success!!!

This is truly a good idea and a suggestion!

However, IMO what I fear about this idea is that potential "new" ppl coming into game after the UE5 update will not like this.
What I mean by this is that when UE5 update comes and MA starts advertising the game to the public, there will be ppl coming into the game thinking this is a brand new game.

Seeing a item named "20yr celeb edition", would demotivate new people.

this is just my personal opinion and what I would feel if I get into a new game and finding out it actually is not

Reactions: jak
+1 for me on the longevity for sure
For the daily I’m not as big a fan. I tend to miss a day here and there from work.
Something more along the line of 30rewards for 30 days in the month, if you only log on 25 you would only reach the 25th reward for that month.

But good ideas overall, I approve

A good idea although I'm not too sure what rewards should be appropriate. I can just see some players after they have received a good account bound item after some years going, "why the heck is this account bound! this should be tradeable" blah blah blah as they do with a certain ark armour that is player bound.

The saying give an inch they'll take a mile comes to mind. Part of human nature I guess.

To overcome such possibilities I suggest add in the item description something like, "If you violate the good intentions of this gift then this gift will disappear from your account for good. Also you will be auto disfigured into a chirpy!" :) (note just being silly I know it won't stop them as the people who have the ark armour also know what they are getting into when they get that armour but doesn't stop them complaining down the line)

Last edited:
  • Haha
I really like these ideas! +1
:beerchug:

Continuing on with the sentiments from my previous post what if we had some consumable gifts? I'm thinking a consumable item e.g. "Universal invocation key" (UIK) that a hunter can use to summon any monster in EU. So each planet or moon or area would have maybe a dungeon which the hunter can enter if they have this special UIK. This key would be account bound and have limited number of uses e.g. if one year gift then can only be used once, if 20 year gift can be used 20 times etc.

When you enter this dungeon you get a special shield/buff that will reduce damage dealt by mob. A bit like the new spina mobs have but in reverse if you like. The idea here is to allow a hunter to solo any mob and hence the shield strength would depend upon mob selected + avatar lavel. Ideally scaled such that its not too easy or too hard for someone to solo that mob.

If something like this is developed then maybe it can also be used normally except you would have to do a special quest or something to gain entrance to this dungeon. Needless to say the quest would have to be hard so that when you do get a UIK you would appreciate the gift.

You would need something similar for miners and crafters. Maybe a consumable/limited account bound special finder for miners? and an account bound special limited bp for crafters?

Other games give you a badge or icon, here you request UL warp capable quad xD

makes sense good idea
You know I'm half joking around, but 20 darn years of dedication should get some comparable reward! :D

+1 Inventory item count per year
Be careful what you wish for, item count is already 500 in storage and 200 in inventory. If MA does this they might make inventory 150 without years and storage 250 without years :D

With no disrespect intended toward the suggestion of course, I really hate when developers engage in this sort of psychological prodding. These specific ideas offered aren't so bad, but I'm very wary of where such a path could lead. The line between carrot and stick blurs quickly, and having to play the game consistently to avoid losing "bonuses" starts to feel like a chore moreso than a voluntary decision, especially if they start to infect rewards with non-tradeability constraints.

This was a huge part of the reason I quit Hearthstone. The user experience became one of constantly trying to keep up with a battery of limited time bonuses and prepackaged tasks. The Entropia concept is fundamentally a sandbox centered around participation when and how the user wants to participate, with goals and meaning fundamentally derived in a bottom-up direction.

The rampant overuse of the mission system is already arguably overstepping this paradigm. We don't need developers trying to impose even more top-down goals and meaning onto our user experiences. We need to build on the fundamental principles and systems of our universe to make them more amenable to enjoyment and long term fulfillment, not add a superficial layer on top to create a manufactured sense of urgency for users to keep up with some prefabricated model of engagement that the devs want to see. We don't want to psychologically manipulate a userbase into existence. We want a universe that users actually want to log into.

With no disrespect intended toward the suggestion of course, I really hate when developers engage in this sort of psychological prodding. These specific ideas offered aren't so bad, but I'm very wary of where such a path could lead. The line between carrot and stick blurs quickly, and having to play the game consistently to avoid losing "bonuses" starts to feel like a chore moreso than a voluntary decision, especially if they start to infect rewards with non-tradeability constraints.

This was a huge part of the reason I quit Hearthstone. The user experience became one of constantly trying to keep up with a battery of limited time bonuses and prepackaged tasks. The Entropia concept is fundamentally a sandbox centered around participation when and how the user wants to participate, with goals and meaning fundamentally derived in a bottom-up direction.

The rampant overuse of the mission system is already arguably overstepping this paradigm. We don't need developers trying to impose even more top-down goals and meaning onto our user experiences. We need to build on the fundamental principles and systems of our universe to make them more amenable to enjoyment and long term fulfillment, not add a superficial layer on top to create a manufactured sense of urgency for users to keep up with some prefabricated model of engagement that the devs want to see. We don't want to psychologically manipulate a userbase into existence. We want a universe that users actually want to log into.
I partly agree with you, in WOW I hated how every season you had to get all your gear all over again, was really annoying. But that's why I suggested very small and simple rewards. Little skill pill boosts for logging on every day isn't a game changer. But it's a little something to encourage activity in the game for new players.

As for the milestone rewards, anyone in the game past those milestones should have been able to get the gifts otherwise, and a game should give something to those who have helped the game for so many years. Most games already do.

how about another Beret. If you know what i mean and have one in storage you been here for a while.

how about another Beret. If you know what i mean and have one in storage you been here for a while.
I know what you mean, still have mine in storage somewhere. :p Those gifts were issued to everyone regardless of activity or longevity. You just had to have an account online when those gifts were passed out. And since they were all tradable the market is flooded and they have little meaning if you have one.

This idea is a gift or reward for activity and for how long you have been in the game.

Another thing that might be harder to program, but they did it on other planets so it's not impossible, the items could have the avatar the items were issued to and then be tradable and thus have sentimental value as well if one is sold. Just more ideas.

I know what you mean, still have mine in storage somewhere. :p Those gifts were issued to everyone regardless of activity or longevity. You just had to have an account online when those gifts were passed out. And since they were all tradable the market is flooded and they have little meaning if you have one...the items could have the avatar the items were issued to and then be tradable and thus have sentimental value as well if one is sold.
This strikes me as quite nihilistic with regard to ideal meaning construction in a free market sandbox world, and perhaps even worrisome for the real world.

If I own an object with sentimental value, say the textbook written by my favorite college professor which I used while taking their course, the sentiment is localized within my copy just by virtue of the fact that I used that copy when discussing the subject with my professor. I do not need to go to the headmaster of the school and have them write on it in indelible marker, "THIS COPY WAS SOLD TO [my name]!!!" to distinguish it from other copies. Much less do I need to get every copy of the book branded with the original buyer's name in this way whether the buyer likes it or not (I do appreciate each buyer's right to own markers in case they enjoy marking their own copies or asking headmasters to do so). And even less than that do I need to petition politicians to outlaw other parties from voluntarily transacting with their copies so that only the original buyers who were enrolled in the course can ever own it. In fact, I would consider anyone who refused to attach special meaning to their copy until they did these things to be wildly lost in their search for meaning.

Scarcity of course, without the other weird rituals to permanently couple objects with owners, can function as a source of meaning. I think a lot of people would find satisfaction in owning a CD made before their favorite band went mainstream of which only 1000 copies were printed. But it's certainly not a necessary condition for meaning to emerge. The meaning I attach to my textbook is grounded in my experience using it, and is quite independent of the number of copies in circulation.

Similarly, I dunno if I was early enough for the beret, but I still have my CryEngine 2 sunglasses gift and don't plan to sell, but I would not somehow sentimentally value my copy even more if players who wanted to sell their copies weren't able, or if some players missed their chance to obtain a copy (or a copy with their name on it rather than someone else's). In fact, I would probably resent the developers' intrusion into the free market and sandbox ethos of Entropia to attach their conception of meaning to the item rather than leaving the individual owners free to do so, and value my copy less. Developers should be supplying the sand. Entropians should be building the sandcastles.

In order to show appreciation for your 20 years of support we have decided to give you a little something. You can pick between a flat Universal ammo reward, a special 20th year edition box.

• Haha
Hi,

So, I'm one of maybe half a dozen or more players who have slugged out this "game" for over 20 years now. And I'll be honest, I feel like some sort of reward or something would be appropriate for all players!

Other games do this or similar with great success so this isn't any new concept and it is a very successful concept or so many others would not do it.

Daily activity rewards:

The system should reward "gifts" for being logged on consecutively for XX number of days. For example, if you log on each day for 10 days straight you get a 1hr 100% skill pill or something like that. Could even have it grow from 10% all the way to 100%. Example, the player is online each day for 5 days and gets a gift of 10% skill pill for 1hr, and then after 10 days online gets a 50% skill pill for 1hr, and after 30 days of logging on each day gets a gift of 100% skill pill for 1hr. Can even be a more valuable gift for 100 days of logging on each day.

Gifts for this should not be extra special or extra valuable; they should be such as skill pills, maybe some small run speed buffs, or other types of very low cost to the community but still a gift for players to be active in the game. It's possible to give a much better gift after a greater time of activity such as 100 days of being active maybe giving an account-bound hat or other piece of clothing or something like this.

The point of this should be obvious, encourage activity by giving a "carrot". The skill buffs could even be a 🥕 that you eat! :D

Longevity Rewards:

The system should be made to give out valuable gifts for milestones reached on your account. Gifts for 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, and 20 years. as an example. These gifts would be valuable and maybe most of them are account-bound. These would be both practical items and also maybe name tag or title tags that player could optionally show under their name as we do now with profesions.

For example, as the first year after creating your account, each player is rewarded an armor part, and each year after for 7 years you get each part of the armor.

Example, after 5 years in the game reward a whip for taming. Or maybe give an option of 1 of any weapon for one of the hunting professions.
Example, after 10 years in the game each player get a tagger that has 1 dps but has 150m range.
Example, after 15 years in the game players get a UL portable TT or Repair tool, account-bound of course.
Example, after 20 years in the game every player gets a warp-capable quad. account bound of course.

The above are just examples, and maybe on each milestone players get 3 types of "gifts", a title, some consumables, and a valuable account-bound gift.

The above is just ideas, and of course MA will implement if in the way they see it helping the community the best. The idea is to have some rewards for players being active and participating in this game we all have a love-hate relationship with!

If this is done I'm positive it will help both MindArk and the player base! And this is not anything new, this is done in other games with great success!!!
Yeah, gimme a reward!!!
Until MA implements that I'm not cycling anymore for the next few years. I'm now working towards a welcome back hof 😉

Like every great economy, we rely on growth (which usually comes from new blood). I think we would see more benefit from engaging with new players rather than spending resources on those who are already locked in to Entropia.

Besides, playing Entropia for 20 years sounds like enough of a reward 😂

My avatar will turn 18 in April. All I want is beer in the pubs. Finally. You know, drinking after a day in the fields.

Also the mobs could look older depending on how old the avatar is. So the oldest avatars may see beards on certain mobs. Or Boorums may have ... uhh... forget about that.

I know what you mean, still have mine in storage somewhere. :p Those gifts were issued to everyone regardless of activity or longevity. You just had to have an account online when those gifts were passed out. And since they were all tradable the market is flooded and they have little meaning if you have one.

This idea is a gift or reward for activity and for how long you have been in the game.

Another thing that might be harder to program, but they did it on other planets so it's not impossible, the items could have the avatar the items were issued to and then be tradable and thus have sentimental value as well if one is sold. Just more ideas.
true but this time they can just limit it and put a badge or something like you mentioned in your OP.

or maybe they can give a t-shirt out that says "i've logged into EU 5,000 times and all i got is this crappy T-shirt" lol

Medals of honor, rewards, badges, or visible avatar tags which can be sold to rich russian oligarch kids are for the birds.
If they are tradable for money, then leave them away.
Respect cannot be bought.

On a less serious note I would already be happy for getting flagged for support:

"MA did their very best to take this customers money and shoo him away for over 21 years now, but he is too tough.
-> Do not ignore his first 2.1 support cases in this year.
-> The first 2.1 support cases answers this year must not be copy and pasted
."

Back