Player hijacking/kidnapping?

Status

Sissi

Prowler
Society
mjau
Elizabeth Sissi Habsburg
Got a strange mentoring request, the guy is stuck on Next Island and I do my best to explain the situation with NI and how to move between planets, with little success (even directed him to Goldy's free transportation). So I tell him to recreate a new avatar on 1 of the other planets as NI is basically in stasis, advising on Calypso as it seems to have the best starter area. During the discussion he tells me that he will write a damning report to the biggest gaming site saying that NI/MA steals (no new news there :D and that its against the law). Later on he desperately tries to get me to join SL, also stating that he is making 5k USD/month :eyecrazy: no answer to my question why SL ain't more popular then?

From my impression of the discussion, he had no real interest in the game and was slowly coaxing me to quit Entropia and join SL. I do have another old time disciple (logs in like once a year or so) that is a similar experience, tho no reference to SL so far.

Has anyone else have had similar experiences??

MA attempts to steal players from SL look ridiculous, without dildos and other BDSM stuff EU has no chance :laugh: This is lol tred :lolup:

MA attempts to steal players from SL look ridiculous, without dildos and other BDSM stuff EU has no chance :laugh: This is lol tred :lolup:

What did you not understand? SL trying to steal MA players was my concern.... ofc could be paranoia :confused:

People still play SL? I haven't even heard about it for several years :laugh:

only tried once myself, crashed after 10-12 seconds ingame and they never replied to my support cases about that :dunno:

Yet I played this game 5 mins and was warnd to put my cloths back on in starter area. I was learning the game and like to run around in my underwear. I do It in EU :)

Since a mod there threatend to ban me, I uninstalled.

oh and -- On topic -- Never happend to me be4, No one really talks about SL

What did you not understand? SL trying to steal MA players was my concern.... ofc could be paranoia :confused:

Could be paranoia .. actually most likely is.
People still play SL? I haven't even heard about it for several years :laugh:

only tried once myself, crashed after 10-12 seconds ingame and they never replied to my support cases about that :dunno:

Last time I logged in to SL ~ 3 minutes ago there were around 72,000 people on line

Has anyone else have had similar experiences??

I remember when I came to EU, I did drag a few people from Calypso to see what I did there. Kinda proud of some of the things I have built there since June 2003. No I didn't try to steal anyone from MA and feed them to the demons at Linden Labs. Just wanted to show off some.

No reason you can't have more than one game on your device :)

Seems quite obvious - it's just like one of those annoying scam ads on the internet with testimonies of huge profits. The guy probably just looking for more "customers". So why not try an EU, where the target group is similar to SL? Just an individual scam attempt/fraud attempt, so you would spend few hundred dollars in SL for some shit.

SL and EU are as different as My Little Pony and Battlefield 3 and so are the players and their mentality, not much point to lure the players from one to another :)

SL and EU are as different as My Little Pony and Battlefield 3 and so are the players and their mentality, not much point to lure the players from one to another :)

Agreed. Judging by my Battlefield 3 experience the people playing My Little Pony must be orders of magnitude more mature.

:silly2:

I tried SL ones to ;p was like a bad acid trip imo lol

I beg your pardon. I think the percentage of idiots in the world wheither virtual or in real is fairly constant. Perhaps you have misguided Ideas about what the majortiy of the population in SL do. Sure the pervy stuff gets noticed but those types make a point of getting in everyones face for some reason. Again this activity is a smallish part of the whole.

Don't get me wrong on these wiki links and they are not meant to lure anyone away from EU. Just seems that some clarity about the differences in the online presence was needed.

I beg your pardon. I think the percentage of idiots in the world wheither virtual or in real is fairly constant. Perhaps you have misguided Ideas about what the majortiy of the population in SL do. Sure the pervy stuff gets noticed but those types make a point of getting in everyones face for some reason. Again this activity is a smallish part of the whole.

By my post I only tried to mark the huge difference, not any special aspects or quality of the userbases. It's you who mentioned the "pervs", I didn't even think about that :). I had spent few months in SL in 2006 before I tried EU and found it's ok, the only thing I didn't like was the fragmentation, I wanted something more coherent and I found it here.

As this thread has (d)evolved into a 'SL vs. EU' discussion, it will now be closed.

:locked:

Status
Back