Playing EU in first-person mode is like VR

INTERNUT

Alpha
Society
Freelancer
INTERNUT
I've nearly always played EU in first-person mode for all activities and it's like being in VR when doing so. You don't get the physical feedback that you would with a 'true VR setup' but you do in terms of visual and audio feedback. That's my impression anyway.

No, Playing EU in first person is Like Playing EU in first person XD

You ever play an actual first person shooter? EU in First Person is about 30 steps below that since the Game cube days.
Well, yeah it would be, because you'd be playing in first person. Sorry - but not too sure what you're really trying to say there... All I was getting at is that in VR you're represented by a character or avatar that's 'walking around' in a virtual environment and interacting with whatever - well you get the same thing in EU at least in terms of visual and audio feedback.

You know you can actually play this game
In vr right? I have a thread and video on it

I'd say it's like that ever since Doom and similar titles. VR adding stereoscopic depth is very much a different experience.

Entropia in over-the-shoulder view however gives you a better overview of the surroundings, which can be useful depending on what you're doing from fruit gathering to situations where you have to watch your back.

You know you can actually play this game
In vr right? I have a thread and video on it
Can you? Didn't know that so thanks for saying. Do you have a link to that thread?

I'd say it's like that ever since Doom and similar titles. VR adding stereoscopic depth is very much a different experience.

Entropia in over-the-shoulder view however gives you a better overview of the surroundings, which can be useful depending on what you're doing from fruit gathering to situations where you have to watch your back.
True, you don't get stereoscopic depth in EU like you would in true VR, but in first-person mode you still get the impression you're interacting in a 3D world. Only time I go into third-person view is if there's a lot of red dots on the scope and I want to make sure I don't go after the wrong mobs.

Very good. Nice the game support it :D
Must have been very immersive with the extra wide horizon three screens would have given you, so gratz.

Having (played) EU in VR mode I can say its great imo. Only prob is no vr controls just blind touch typing oh and no controls on screen - and you cant click on anything ie TP! So - great - for being In the game 0 for playability.

Having (played) EU in VR mode I can say its great imo. Only prob is no vr controls just blind touch typing oh and no controls on screen - and you cant click on anything ie TP! So - great - for being In the game 0 for playability.
Right, so makes EU practically unplayable which is a shame.

Back