PLEASE HELP! Calypso Revival Border Research...

Hmm :scratch2:

do you mean THIS ! :

triangulation3.jpg

and here the border's between points are reconstructed

Yes, that's how it's done on paper with a compass. The spreadsheet just calculates the coordinates of the red dot (given the three revive spots) and gives the slope and a point on the border line segments.

Impressive work, I can imagine how much MF you burnt... ;)
Will you pick your next one on Amethera?

I did most of them by foot :D. I can't afford to spend that amount of ME.

For now I will use the map posted in this thread to find the missing revivals of the LAs. Then I will decide what area to map next.

I did most of them by foot :D. I can't afford to spend that amount of ME.

For now I will use the map posted in this thread to find the missing revivals of the LAs. Then I will decide what area to map next.

Man, that is just one ultra-mega-nasty set of polygons!

Amethera may prove to be a much greater challenge than Eudoria could have dreamed...

Yes, that's how it's done on paper with a compass. The spreadsheet just calculates the coordinates of the red dot (given the three revive spots) and gives the slope and a point on the border line segments.

I wish if i knew that formula :D

For any 3 revive points, the point that is equidistant from those 3 points is called the circumcenter, and will form the coordinate for your revive-line intersections (with Fishface's caveat for altitude).

I couldn't find an online calculator for the circumcenter, so I wrote one up in excel.

I've uploaded Coop's spreadsheet to one of my web sites for downloading.

Download from this link: http://athenacontrol.com/revivals/circumcenter.xls

Thanks again, Coop! Great work!

Last edited:
Actually, it's done this way:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]
(when the blue dots are the revives and the red dot is the equidistant point)

The problem happens when the revives are more linear and there is a fourth revive nearby:

Question: do you guys need endpoints for each line, or are two points on the line sufficient?

Two points on the each revival line is enough, we will get the endpoints anyway when two or more revival lines meet.

Actually, it's done this way:

(when the blue dots are the revives and the red dot is the equidistant point)
Well, yes and no. Technically, the "circumcenter" is the equidistant point, or the center of the circle that contains the three points. However, I don't use "circular" geometry in the spreadsheet. It just so happens that the circumcenter is also the point of intersection of the "perpendicular bisectors" of the 3 sides of the triangle formed by any 3 revive points.

Your second graphic is interesting. Intuitively, I'd want to determine the circumcenter of the two triangles formed by the green dot plus two successive blue dots. But you could also divide the same area into one triangle formed by the three blue dots and another triangle formed by the green dot and the top and bottom blue dots.

There must be an algorithm to deciding which triangles to use. Perhaps only triangles where the circumcenter lies within the area of that triangle end up being useful?

well you see, that's why the revive lines dont always converge on a single point, but instead they form some pretty ugly polygons sometimes. That's when it happens. If there were only three revives in the server grid, it would always form a converging circumcenter point.

you can still use that method to calculate the borders, pbbly it envolves a lot of calculations though

from
Your current position is: Calypso (81544, 84231, 233)
to
Your current position is: Calypso (78502, 82308, 125)

Stand on any ME and hit T and you will go to a different revive :p

Edit: I hate Neconu

well you see, that's why the revive lines dont always converge on a single point, but instead they form some pretty ugly polygons sometimes. That's when it happens. If there were only three revives in the server grid, it would always form a converging circumcenter point.

Ah, maybe I wasn't clear on the use of the circumcenters. Their value is that they are the intersection points for the perpendicular bisectors.

Regardless of how many revives you have, for any two adjacent revive zones with revive points A & B, the boundary line between the revive zones will be the perpendicular bisector of the line segment AB.

How far that boundary extends will be a function of the location of other revive points and the server boundaries. But I'm pretty sure that any case where two of those revive boundaries meet, they will meet at a circumcenter. The "ugly" polygons are just formed by a bunch of circumcenters. The trick is probably just in deciding which three revive points to use to compute each vertex of the ugly polygons--and of course to make sure we don't miss any revive points.

This is a great data collection system you've got going here, I can only imagine the time taken to make the original maps with just a handful of people.

I'm currently doing some points between Jurra Plateau, Eos and the nearby outpost. The realtime updating of the maps is brilliant and immesurabley useful. :wtg:

I can confirm that there is still this "10 m overlap" at server borders (the squares). The theorical boder is generally very visible on ground, but the tiny lag is only 10 m later. :)

My guess is that the servers are communicating and synchronising during the 20 m, and only if we go farther than boder +10 m, then the new server is in charge of us.

I perceive this in a somewhat different way. I might be wrong, but here goes.

I run around mining in 3rd person view scrolled all the way out and looking down at about a 45° angle or so. I envision this as the camera that I am looking thru at my avatar is somewhere behind and above my ava. So when crossing a server border, my ava crosses it first, but I'm still looking at it from the other server. Then as I proceed forward and the camera crosses the server border is when I get a kind of flash which I take to mean the servers handing my camera off from the old to the new.

How this relates to revive borders I'm not sure, but maybe can experiment sometime with avatar on one side and camera on the other, then switch it and see if there is a difference in destination.

I can confirm that there is still this "10 m overlap" at server borders (the squares). The theorical boder is generally very visible on ground, but the tiny lag is only 10 m later. :)

My guess is that the servers are communicating and synchronising during the 20 m, and only if we go farther than boder +10 m, then the new server is in charge of us.

Do you get this same tiny lag when moving from one revive area to another (not across verticle or horizontal server boundaries)?

This is very possible indeed. :)

I as in 3rd person view when I crossed this border.
Now you have ruined my theory and I have to go there again to test in 1st person view. :laugh:

Nah, for sure you actually move to the other server after the 10m. It used to be that mobs on the other side of the boundary wouldn't appear on radar until you passed the extra 10m.

I don't see any maps using your links? :scratch2:

Other than that great idea :)

I would like to have the option to toggle on off land area :ahh:

Great effort and not surprising! I`ll do my best to help contribute and inform my society mates likewise.

Do you get this same tiny lag when moving from one revive area to another (not across verticle or horizontal server boundaries)?

There is no tiny lag or anything noticeable when crossing revive borders, then it would be to easy to map up revive borders:D

And yes maps load in firefox but wont autoplay so need to right click the white page and select play.
If anyone knows what could be causing this please pm Kuber:)
Any firefox/coders out there?

Last edited:
(Sorry for hijacking your thread but it kinda on topic)

Hallo, Im a couple of weeks away from releasing my "Team software",

and in this i thinking of using something that i will call TEDs ;)
Team entropia dollars as every one elses:)
anywho.

In this im going to create a little function: all you have to do is to press "P" when you die, and press p when you revive. You will have +- 10 sec to do it or it would count as false data. For this you will earn some (TED) to be able do other stuff.

And later on you will need TED to get features (like revive map).

So what do you people think about this?

anywho.

In this im going to create a little function: all you have to do is to press "P" when you die, and press p when you revive. You will have +- 10 sec to do it or it would count as false data. For this you will earn some (TED) to be able do other stuff.

Hey,

I'm not sure what exactly is the purpose of what you described above. The Revival maps have been a private project of the "Calypso Rescue Team" society, now we figured it would be fun and much easier letting other people help.
The final product, better called a free service, will always stay with the Calypso Rescue Team society as it's one of the things we do.
Just like the previous revival maps these will be freely available and accessible by everyone that would like to view it. We will not be using any kind of system in which you need to do certain things before being able to access it.

Then again I'm not sure of what you have in mind with all this, I'm sure you have good ideas for certain features, but the revival maps will be as I explained above.

anywho.

I have to agree with Dante on this, this project is for the community and is to stay free and available information. I don't like the idea of forcing people to jump through hoops to be able to get it.

I also want to make the revival database and the polygon sets public so that the general community can be enriched.

I do, however, intend for there to be a licensing restriction on the data that would require that anyone who downloaded and used the data would agree to make those derivative works freely available to the community. People should never be charged (either directly or indirectly, through tasks) for access to said data.

This is what I think are the revival lines for amethera (Using the geometry thing). Three more zones to map yet but I though to give something to the people to work on sunday :D.

UNTESTED AMETHERA'S REVIVAL ZONES MAPS:*

*Oshiri's Heart zone is already tested.

Last edited:
Back