please help me!

Kage23

Young
Kage 6120 Shadow
I am having trouble installing. I read everything i could find and nothing is working. When i try to install, it says it needs disk 2 and I have all the right files

they are
entropia_universe_setup
entropia_universe_10.0.8.29700_setup.2
entropia_universe_10.0.8.29700_setup.3
entropia_universe_10.0.8.29700_setup.4
and
entropia_universe_10.0.8.29700_setup.5

i thought there was 6 files

or was it updated to only 5?

thanks

it was 6 and now ion the planetcalypso side are only 5.

* entropia_universe_setup.exe checksum: dc6e1209647f2c17bb5a51da75db683d
* entropia_universe_setup.2 checksum: 5d814dcfbaec7f02e23f0cf4891a07a1
* entropia_universe_setup.3 checksum: 21a15b4b6daee66f2cd07920bf938a31
* entropia_universe_setup.4 checksum: 039c3f60d6dcbe2658a76cc54465389d
* entropia_universe_setup.5 checksum: 34bf4c4b4d97eebe81fddd848987412a

so 5 is now the number :)

gl

yes but how do i get past the 'insert disk 2' message? my vista box does not recognize the other 4 files. and the file names are different that what you posted.

the torrent had 6 files in it but it was 10.0.0 and now the files on the website are 10.0.8.29700

Not sure how to help as mine is running - worst case would be redownload but first check the checksums of your files with the ones on the site. Maybe it's just one damaged file

Make sure all the files are in the same location on your PC. Run the Entropia setup file as admin.

Strange message, considering there is no 'disk 2'...

Ok thanks, but i did all that. I found a few posts with people who had the same thing and read about what to do, I did that. There are 5 files. the first setup.exe, the others are files that my vista computer doesnt recognize. er im so frustrated i hope i figure this out soon..:confused:

and as far as i know this file entropia_universe_10.0.8.29700_setup.2
is disk 2 right?, and so on...

Last edited:
ok im redownloading the setup files through torrent. I updated windows, and the c++ updates, hopefully this works. how come im only getting (6)13 seeders on the torrent?

Your computer does not need to recognise files 2 to 5. The setup exe will extract from them.

I just double clicked the exe and it installed itself. No need to extract anything...

Your computer does not need to recognise files 2 to 5. The setup exe will extract from them.

I just double clicked the exe and it installed itself. No need to extract anything...

So guys just put the downloaded compressed zip folders that you downloaded into one folder like I did in an earlier post ie.entropia2ndtimelucky.
Then right click on the exe;2;3;4;5;& 6 in turn and Extract. Just let it go into the same folder it's fine.

Now when this is done click on the exe that was extracted (it's the one thats not zipped) and it will start installing as usual it will ask to insert Disk 2. Disk 2 equals setup2, so Browse, the folder u created and select setup2 the extracted one and OK.
It will start downloading then it will stop and ask to insert Disk 3, so Browse the folder again and select setup3 and so on...

Then the whole thing will download and wallah you will have the shortcut on yr desktop. Now I haven't clicked it yet because I have stuff to do but this is a HUGE improvement !!!!

i read this one, except they are not zipped files. and it even the setup exe doesnt recognize them.
i already deleted them so im downloading still lol, ill go through what that post says again and see if it works, i did a few updates so it may.

You could always try extracting them.

Grab Winrar, install it and right click on each of the files .2 .3 .4 and .5 Select 'open with' and chose winrar.

Then extract all to a folder, put the install.exe in there and run it. See what happens.

If all else fails, you can grab the install files via http from planetcalypso.com or here on EF.

how do i check the checksum on the files?
i got them downloaded again

the first two have the filenames without .2/.3 at the end

#4/5 do have .4/.5 at the end...

im so confused..:confused::mad:

ok nutter ill try that again.

it just says the archive is unknown or damaged format. again.

ok i hope im not just getting my hopes up lol
the install is half way done and it hasnt brought up the disk 2 message! i tink it may be working!!

thanks everyone for the help!

:yay:

Glad its working for you now :) See you ingame :)

Back