PLEASE ... Let's remember that ...

Status

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
This is the Calypso forum ... :wise:

I know everyone is excited about their explorations on Arkadia, myself included, but I see people posting all over the place on this forum and not just in the "Other Planets Discussion" section, and that to me is disrespecting this forum.

It's going to make it challenging for the Mods to deal with all of the threads that are not in the "Other Planets Discussion" section where they should be.

I see people posting Globals and HoFs, even selling Enmatter in sales threads which are clearly not part of the "Other Planets Discussion" section.

Arkadia has it's own forum, and if people are that curious about what's going on, they should go there to check in on the contents that give plenty of information.

This is where I absolutely agree with the Calypso forum staff about this kind of stuff, and that other planet content needs to stay in the one section, but that's not what's happening.

I just wanted to give a friendly reminder that we should all be more respectful of this, and to the Mods who have to do any kind of shifting around of threads, etc.

Thank you! :)

well, globals are universe wide, and do show up in chat on calypso... :tongue2:

Well not globals but HOFs.

Anyway I like to see the Arkadia stuff here, I don't want to log on to multiple forums.
Traditionally everything was on this forum when it was EF and I liked it that way.

sorry but do not agree

ban all talk about all other planets, or allow it freely

I'm not saying we shouldn't post other planet content, just that it needs to be in the designated area.

How would you feel if you were a planet partner and a new planet launched and people were posting the other planet content all over your official forum?

I think we forget at times that this isn't the old EF where everything was allowed.

It's ok to disagree, but to me, it just seems awfully disrespectful, that all.

Though I agree this is now a Calypso forum, when I joined this forum it was an Entropia Forum. I have and will abide by the rules but will forever feel a bit resentful that my "Entropia" Forum account is now Calypso only.

When I joined this forum, I joined a community. I've got to know this community, I like to share and discuss with this community. This community, when I joined, was free to discuss all aspects of Entropia, now we are being asked to limit our discussions to only caly except in 1 section.....I don't want to join another forum and get to know and be known in another community, this is my home. IMO, if Calypso wanted to have a forum about calypso, they should've made one, not taken over a forum about Entropia.:mad:

On the other hand, I was an EF addict, the changeover to the calypso forum broke my addiction, so while I am resentful, I am glad it happened, addictions are bad.....now there's no forum I like.

I get how MS says it's disrespectful to talk out of other planets section, but I feel we were disrespected first in being turned from an Entropia forum into a Calypso forum.

Though I agree this is now a Calypso forum, when I joined this forum it was an Entropia Forum. I have and will abide by the rules but will forever feel a bit resentful that my "Entropia" Forum account is now Calypso only.

I get how MS says it's disrespectful to talk out of other planets section, but I feel we were disrespected first in being turned from an Entropia forum into a Calypso forum.

I totally agree with both points for sure, and was quite vocal about it back when it all happened as well.

This was our forum home, where the collective community built the contents, and a place where we all gathered ... ONE place ... and where we were free to discuss everything EU. I can definitely appreciate how old habits die hard, but ...

Unfortunately, this is not the old EF :( ... and while it may be difficult to get out of that mindset, it's only right that we take into account that this is now the official "Calypso only" forum with only one designated area to post other planet content.

I didn't mean for this thread to be an interpretation that I was chastising everyone, but rather just a friendly reminder of whose home this is when we post, that's all.

Thank you!

When I joined this forum, I joined a community. I've got to know this community, I like to share and discuss with this community. This community, when I joined, was free to discuss all aspects of Entropia, now we are being asked to limit our discussions to only caly except in 1 section.....I don't want to join another forum and get to know and be known in another community, this is my home. IMO, if Calypso wanted to have a forum about calypso, they should've made one, not taken over a forum about Entropia.:mad:

On the other hand, I was an EF addict, the changeover to the calypso forum broke my addiction, so while I am resentful, I am glad it happened, addictions are bad.....now there's no forum I like.

what he said r my feelings. i joined Entropiaforum and was 'SOLD' to calypsoforum without having a choice.

Globals dont show up on calypso only hofs. Globals are Global as in planet wide.

Let people post where they want.

We should not have to check 100 different sites.

Please keep posting pics, info etc here. +rep to anyone who shares arkadia info here.

The more the better.:yay:

This place has set itself in peoples memories as the hub of the Entropia universe. All things about the universe are discussed here, the good and the bad. Either allow it all or none of it. I do feel sorry for the modswho have to mod everything but moderating is what they signed on to too.
People are excited and want to brag to their friends so they do it where all their friends are. If SDS wanted a forum for Planet Calypso only they should have made one rather then buying EF. They bought the Entropia community, not just the Calypso community.

Couple points:

1st, don't get mad at 711 or anyone for "breaking up the community". That was done deliberately by MA when they decided to make multiple planets, run by multiple businesses who are directly competing w/ each other.

Even if MA had eventually bought the EF forum to make their own official forum, had the planets thing not been done, we still would've had a single community.

However, the planets did come. And yes, they are run by competing businesses.

As was mentioned by the OP, this forum is no longer the "MA community" forum. Thank MA for splitting us all up. :( It is now the official forum for the Planet Calypso.

Yes, FPC (now SDS) did make the "other planets" section in order to corral all the talk for planets that are NOT Calypso.

Yes, placing threads in the wrong section has always caused extra work for the volunteer (Read: unpaid) mods. We would appreciate it if you placed your discussion threads in appropriate places.

Thank you for your cooperation.

(Thread moved to About PlanetCalypsoForum section.)

Well if ppl keep violating the rules and if it really bothers PCF so much there's always the possibility to ban those users.

This is Calypso Forum, but I like to see the mobs, uber loots and discoveries that have been found on the other 3 platforms.

I joined EntropiaForum.com, I like everyone else, got moved here.

sorry but do not agree

ban all talk about all other planets, or allow it freely

Yea i agree on this, PLanet calpyso is the whole world? We just added stuff to it :laugh:

I'm not saying we shouldn't post other planet content, just that it needs to be in the designated area.

How would you feel if you were a planet partner and a new planet launched and people were posting the other planet content all over your official forum?

I think we forget at times that this isn't the old EF where everything was allowed.

It's ok to disagree, but to me, it just seems awfully disrespectful, that all.

Does SDS even have a community representative anymore?

It would be easier not to talk about other planets on PCF if they actually functioned as separate planets/games/experiences or whatever. However, that is not the case.

1. For the most part, the same resources/loots drop on each planet, affecting the economy of Calypso;
2. The user base of the other planets is largely made up of players from Calypso;
3. HoFs/Discos/Tiering info is shared across the planets;
4. The auction functions across all planets;
5. Communication works between players on each planet;
6. The skills/attributes earned are the same;
7. Calypso items can be used on other planets and vice versa;
8. etc.

So let's be honest...these are not separate games that you just don't happen to have to log out of to stop playing one and start playing another. The planets are glorified land areas, and the player base is largely the same player base as was in PE or EU.

In a thread on the in game economy, are we not allowed to talk about how the drop rates of a natural resource on NI affect the market value on Calypso? In a selling post, are we not allowed to include an Arkadia item in the list of items we are selling? If I am using an (L) armor plate made on RT to hunt mobs on Calypso, can I not talk about it when I am describing my gear? Can we not gripe about the uber HoF from RT that we saw in our all chat while grinding on Calypso? When space comes, can we talk about the space between the planets and what goes on in it, or does that also not concern Calypso?

If not, then it seems like this forum is the wrong place to serve as the out-of-game communication hub for most players in this "universe" and a user migration to EF or a new forum is needed.

Or, maybe SDS should just be happy that we are on PCF instead of the Arkadia, NI, or RT forums, and let us talk about this universe as it unfortunately currently is...one game.

Last edited:
I totally agree with both points for sure, and was quite vocal about it back when it all happened as well.

This was our forum home, where the collective community built the contents, and a place where we all gathered ... ONE place ... and where we were free to discuss everything EU. I can definitely appreciate how old habits die hard, but ...

Unfortunately, this is not the old EF :( ... and while it may be difficult to get out of that mindset, it's only right that we take into account that this is now the official "Calypso only" forum with only one designated area to post other planet content.

I didn't mean for this thread to be an interpretation that I was chastising everyone, but rather just a friendly reminder of whose home this is when we post, that's all.

Thank you!

Technically, you are correct on all accounts. And I completely agree that if a PP buys a forum and limits the talk of other planets to a designated folder or bans it altogether, they are completely within their rights.

But I want one forum for all my EU experiences. If Planet Calypso Forum is strictly, or almost strictly, limited to Planet Calypso, then all I can say is that it's become irrelevant to me. I will be sad to go and would like to thank 711 and, especially all the mods for their hard work...but I am not logging into a separate forum for each planet. Sooner or later someone will see an opportunity in offering a unified experience and that's where I will be.

This is the Calypso forum ... :wise:

I know everyone is excited about their explorations on Arkadia, myself included, but I see people posting all over the place on this forum and not just in the "Other Planets Discussion" section, and that to me is disrespecting this forum.

It's going to make it challenging for the Mods to deal with all of the threads that are not in the "Other Planets Discussion" section where they should be.

I see people posting Globals and HoFs, even selling Enmatter in sales threads which are clearly not part of the "Other Planets Discussion" section.

Arkadia has it's own forum, and if people are that curious about what's going on, they should go there to check in on the contents that give plenty of information.

This is where I absolutely agree with the Calypso forum staff about this kind of stuff, and that other planet content needs to stay in the one section, but that's not what's happening.

I just wanted to give a friendly reminder that we should all be more respectful of this, and to the Mods who have to do any kind of shifting around of threads, etc.

Thank you! :)

That's why we need one big forum controlled by MA and not by the planet partners. Entropia universe is one game to me not a game for every planet and therefor one forum is more then enough.

Just my opinion.

greetins Lex

No.

HoFs shows up in the entire Universe, which is Hall of Fame. Globals is Global only, for Calypso that means globals on Amethera, Eudoria, Crystal Palace and FOMA :wise:

That's why we need one big forum controlled by MA and not by the planet partners. Entropia universe is one game to me not a game for every planet and therefor one forum is more then enough.

Just my opinion.

greetins Lex

To you, yes.... To the companies that actually are trying to get new costumers it's a different story.

MA is one company, former FPC is one, NDS is one, Arkadia Studios is one...

I think it would be completely retarded putting all companies on one forum like that... I am glad each planet has their own forum, that way I can avoid the planets I do not want to be a part of. :)

This forum is already a ghost town compared to what it used to be when it was EF, Arkadia launch has probably given it the most life its had for a while, if what I am seeing is correct then if people dont post Arkadia stuff here it could completely kill it. (ok a little OTT but compared to the old days im shocked at what its become)

Personally I feel when SDS or whoever they call themselves brought all of the database and the details they brought the community the friendships and the 'culture' of sorts that was created on EF, if they are unhappy with that community why not nuke the database and start from scratch.

I agree with discussion about Arkadia being moved, because that is clearly what it's there for.

I disagree with my tower post being moved to the Other Planets Discussion, section. It IS a Hall of Fame. It IS an Uber Loot. It IS an achievement. It was in the correct place and was not off-topic. It being on another planet has no significance to me, whatsoever. I'm a calypso resident on a vacation, why shouldn't I share my fortune here? Everyone can see it, so why does it matter if it's posted on this forum, Arkadia forum, or any other EU related forum? When you look at the current Hall of Fame in game, it's universal.

I agree with discussion about Arkadia being moved, because that is clearly what it's there for.

I disagree with my tower post being moved to the Other Planets Discussion, section. It IS a Hall of Fame. It IS an Uber Loot. It IS an achievement. It was in the correct place and was not off-topic. It being on another planet has no significance to me, whatsoever. I'm a calypso resident on a vacation, why shouldn't I share my fortune here? Everyone can see it, so why does it matter if it's posted on this forum, Arkadia forum, or any other EU related forum? When you look at the current Hall of Fame in game, it's universal.

i agree with above. It's MA who make game that way the globals are seen locally and HoF's are worldwide...so HoF's , ATH's and discoveries as long tehy were showed on all planets may be discused here as they affected calypso more or less.

MA is one company, former FPC is one, NDS is one, Arkadia Studios is one...

I think it would be completely retarded putting all companies on one forum like that... I am glad each planet has their own forum, that way I can avoid the planets I do not want to be a part of. :)

Narrator: "And so, with the forcing together of all companies under one forum, the beginnings of the First Moderator War was set in motion, as the companies would keep intruding on eachothers subforums, shutting down threads that would benefit the other. It was truly a shocking war and, although no bullets were fired, the bans and counterbans ran rampant until the civil populace had fled the battlefields, leaving only hollow threads and forums behind as they seeked their way back to the old lands from which they had once came."

Here's a vote for not pretending that we are the center of the universe, and complying with the wishes of the people that own the forum.

Just a thought.

Here's a vote for not pretending that we are the center of the universe, and complying with the wishes of the people that own the forum.

Just a thought.

Of course, a customer is never the centre of the universe, what were we thinking :)

I prefered this place when it was Entropiaforum...

Reactions: Mac
Status
Back