Please Read ... Especially Newcomers

sweetthang

Provider
Society
Supremacy Reign
sweetthang sweetthang sugar
Today I had met Iradalia Iri Moira at Camp Phoenix...and after some chatting and getting to know her I decided to help her out and run her to some tp's. Found out she started yesturday so on our way we decided to sit and chat. I started to explain to her about Society's and Mentor's things of that nature. Well she brought up something that really took me for a loop...it seems theres a new scam going on. Please read what she wrote in the pic below.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Now to all newcomers there is no fee to join any society nor is there a fee to be mentored (incase you were asked that) This is the first I have heard of such a scam.

I am posting this to warn newcomers of this...so please if you are asked to join a society there is no fee to join and further more my suggestion is to not join a society until you meet people in game and get to know them and have a look around at what you want to have in a society.

Oh I will mention that I am now her mentor and guiding her the best of my ability and showing her that EU is not all about scams. Her first day it would seem was a bad one but I am working with her to show her there is fun to be had here in EU and that in general were a wonderful community to be part of. :girl:

THIS ISSUE HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED...I HAVE SPOKEN WITH THE LEADER OF CALYPSO CANIBALS AND THE PERSON IN QUESTION...DUE TO THE HOLES IN THE STORY..IT IS FELT THAT THERE WAS NO SCAM MADE TO IRI.

Last edited:
i didnt even know that one :O

+++rep from me :) very good to inform everybody, and i hope your disciple will find some fun in-game and not only scammers... :mad:

its almost so i want to give her the 10peds she lost :rolleyes:
you know what... that is what im going to do! pm me and we can arrange a meeting and i will give her the 10peds she lost! :)

Well done Sweetthang, now all we need is for it to become mandatory for new players to have an account created here for 3 days of reading before they start the game. Its sucks that there are people preying on vunrable newcomers. But not a lot we can do about that.

At least she only lost 10 peds, (60p), why did they take her to PVP3? Surely she would not have had her innoculation?

Damn! +rep

Thanks for the info. Not that I would get done by that now, but on my first day I would have.

MA should have a news service ingame that will alert people of scams (and other news I guess).

Baggy

Well we all got to be careful in PE... While this story is probably true for the poor girl I would be careful too.

Might be tell the old sob story scam being told on you? Its an possibility ?

Heres an +rep for you !

It's incredible that we've reached the point where we doubt someone that has been scammed, for fear they might be scamming us of sympathy. Sadly, it's possible, as there will always be people to take advantage of someone's compassion. I'm not saying it's the case here with this girl, most likely not. But still, possible to happen, as many other unimaginable things have happened already in EU. :eek:
Time will come when we won't trust our own avatars, for things like transferring smth from the inventory to the storage... "my left hand stole my right hand" sort of thing :mad:

I don't doubt this could happen but I do have one question. How do you deposit only 10 ped into the game? I thought you had to deposit a minimum of 100 ped($10).

Unfortunetly it is a sad case..and no matter what the price a scam is a scam and to a newcomer 10 ped is 1000 rounds of ammo for an opalo. Which as we know killing snables is alot of ammo with an opalo :laugh:

Well I set her up with armor and got her some ammo and healed her while she hunted :D ran her to some tp's and she feels the joy of EU as she should.

This post was just a warning to newcomers to be careful...on a funnier note I will post a pic of Noggin, (ouch dont hate me cant think of the other fella's name) and I took Iri (before our chat) and some other newcomers N of Phoenix to do some uber sweating on some armax and things :silly2:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Some people definately suck. +rep for letting everybody know, the more aware of scams everyone can be the better ;)

Gratz to Dub again btw hehe :D

And another thing.

A while back I ran into another ion at PA.
He was asking ped for services.

THIS IS NOT ME.

My service to newcommers is absolute FREE.

I couldnt locate him, but saw him in chat, when I reacted on it he disapeared.
If some one hase more info, like in which soc he is..please let me know.

I'm easy to recognice, Just check the soc I'm in.
Ion
General (Calypso Desert Rangers)

Thanks and cheers.

Thanks

Hello everyone...

It seems I'm the naive' noob in the thread. I admit it was extremely silly of me, and as I wasn't up to date (good idea for mandatory reading :p )on the ins and outs of the game, my own fault truly. I had been kind of feeling my way around the game, and only ventured as far as the Stables out of AP. Imagine my surprise when a kind person (Rick) ran me up to Billy's and Phoenix tps. I'd spent all day sweating after given the idea from him, and saved up a small fortune (in a noob's eye). The 10 ped I mentioned depositing, I was actually referring to depositing it onto my credit card. However, as rotten as all that luck was, I was lucky enough to run into Sweet!!!

Not only did she take a group of us out to sweat removed from the mob killing wankers at phoenix, she then took me aside and gave me sooo much info. She also took well over 2 hours to run me around to TP's and set me up with my first set of armor. I did everything I could to try and thank her, but it definitely wasn't enough. Thanks to her tho, I have a better understanding ofthe game, and find it enjoyable.

I'd also like to thank everyone who gave me a helping hand or word of advice. I can only say it won't go to waste, as I plan to follow in your footsteps and guide anyone I can.

Plan to hear more from me as it's safe to say I'm addicted now :p

:computer: This will be the most commob situation u will be in from now on :wise:

Hey Ansidian

Sorry to hear that you were scammed so early on, i spose at least you can think of it as some sort of education of EU. It's good that you have sorted yourself out with a good mentor, it looks like you have started to enjoy yourself, maybe i'll see you around :)

Welcome to the game

lol @ coffee sipping zombie...

No small thanks to Sweet, I have since the time of this posting, skipped dinner, missed my episode of Prison Break, cluttered the desk with a empty coffee cup, ashtray full, 3 coke cans empty, and it's 3 hours away from start time at work!!

Thanks again to everyone I've been introduced to so far, especially the whirlwind Twister who's graciously dumped blueprints galore on me.

I have to admit I'm a long time player of other games (won't mention so I don't get in trouble), and each and every one of them has seen me bored inside two months. This game has such scope and depth, I feel like I'm staring down a bottomless well of opportunity and fun.

For anyone up for a chat or just someone to bait monsters for ya..feel free to give me a holler in game..

Iridalia Iri Moira

I hate that people just want to make a small quick buck out of someone thats only just started.

MA were talking abotu jobs right a while back? so why not have that police force brought back :) people could do shifts and could use special weapons for pking anyone outside pvp after undergoing a rigorous training and check on their character lol

But plus rep for Sweethang :silly2:

I am innocent I tell you :silly2: Now I am being blamed for Iri's addiction to EU..her caffeine drinking addiction as well as her lack of control to hit the nappy time when it is needed....oh and lets not forget I also caused her to skip dinner :rolleyes:

To my young Padawan...GET USED TO THAT LIFE....we are talking about EU where there is much fun, excitement, disappointments ::cough cough bad loots:: ....but most of all and most important are the great new friends you will aquire during your time in EU ;)

Now with that said and done..I am off for my nappy time :silly2:

Before I do...I just want to Thank everyone on EF and ingame who are showing Iri there support..much appreciated ;)

My bad! I missed her explanation of the 10 ped. Now it makes sense... sorry for doubting...

Donald

P.S. Welcome to EU Iri! I am not usually a jerk....

Last edited:
OFF TOPIC

:rofl: nappy time (means something different in Ireland)

back to the point,

Anyways, gratz on getting such a great mentor ;)

+rep (You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sweetthang again.)

Wow

I just read this thread and immediately signed up to the forum. What a nice community. I've been playing a week and not encountered any scams so I've been lucky.

I certainly can relate to the tiredness and hunger, must keep better track of time :)

I'll be looking out for you guys, I tend to float about PA, u'll notice me (I'm the one in orange)

I'll give some ppl respect when i figure out how to do that!!

Welcome to EU Ansidian.
You couldn't have hoped for a better mentor, imho, so your EU experience should now be much more enjoyable. :)

Well done and big +rep to Sweetthang. :tiphat:

Nicole said:
Well we all got to be careful in PE... While this story is probably true for the poor girl I would be careful too.

Might be tell the old sob story scam being told on you? Its an possibility ?

Heres an +rep for you !

yeah i thought that also sicne she says the 10 ped was all she had deposited, which is too low to deposit

zed said:
yeah i thought that also sicne she says the 10 ped was all she had deposited, which is too low to deposit

okay, please.. read the comments, then you will see that she was talking about 10ped to her pedcard....

Im general waster of the calypso canibals

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26783

as i stateted im not aware of anny of this..
the calypso canibals just 2 weeks old. (yes 1 n)

we did not rob annyone of there ped. we dont have anny entry fee. we even give away armour and opalos to new noobs.

where a verry happy soc! this all shock me verry!

as i annouced in the prevous post ill pay this person 10 ped back, even i dont know this person and she never apeard in the our soc logs!.

i dare sweetthang to expose the person that wanted 10 ped from her and ill tossout that person without a 2th thought!

it could be its all a spelling mistake. but i hate being acused of stuff i didnt do.

sweetthang tell me who and come get your 10 ped! u can find me true a soc terminal!

waster said:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26783

as i stateted im not aware of anny of this..
the calypso canibals just 2 weeks old. (yes 1 n)

we did not rob annyone of there ped. we dont have anny entry fee. we even give away armour and opalos to new noobs.

where a verry happy soc! this all shock me verry!

as i annouced in the prevous post ill pay this person 10 ped back, even i dont know this person and she never apeard in the our soc logs!.

i dare sweetthang to expose the person that wanted 10 ped from her and ill tossout that person without a 2th thought!

it could be its all a spelling mistake. but i hate being acused of stuff i didnt do.

sweetthang tell me who and come get your 10 ped! u can find me true a soc terminal!

its just that sweetthang is not the one who got scammed....

Hi Waster,

Can you PM me please and tell me when a good time to meet up with you in game. I think we need to discuss this issue.

Thank You,

Sweetthang

It's one thing to create a soc to scam new players but ruining the image of a decent society...

I see this as another failure on MA's part. They should direct players downloading PE to a guide to read which includes information on what to expect. There's excellent information in the forums but you can't expect new players to visit a EU-specific site without spending some time first in EU and since it takes the best of connections a while to download this very large program, why not do it? Oh that's right, they don't want to present a negative image of EU so they'd rather send new players to scammers' laps then suck it up then say EU isn't perfect, and here's what you need to know to protect yourself.

/end rant

Great job sweet, I'm sure you helped retain who will soon become a valuable member of EU. +rep

Ok Waster...there are two threads now where you say I was the one applying that I was scammed.

PLEASE READ THE THREAD...I did not say it was me .. it was a newcomer I met up with in Phoenix.

And please reply to my pm I sent.

Just one thing to those who say she got LOOTED or been taken to PVP3. Iri did not say that! And it cant be! Without Toxic Shot you cant enter PVP3.

Back