pmaniac's hunting log on small mobs

MartinXVI

Alpha
Martin pmaniac Unlucky
Hello, so I've decided to make a hunting log so I can see my longterm returns on small mobs. I did similar project back in 2010-2011 where I wanted to show my newbie fellow socmembers that you can profit on TT return with opalo +a101... Well and profit I did, eventually I hit 596 PED merp young and half year later 2247 PED exarosaur old hof while pretty much already profiting on TT. About 2200 ped of it was muscle oil which was 110% at the time... awsome times for hunters.
I'm aware you can't get such HOFs anymore since we are supposed to get better average returns (cough cough...).

Why I don't do this on higher level mobs ? Well I tried, multiple times... last drop for me was hunting low-mid level mobs since I am back and came to a conclusion mid level hunting is a SCAM. Lost 1500 PEDs very quickly, not getting even 85% TT returns. So I wanna see and self assure myself that I can get to 95% or ideally 97-98% TT returns before I dump more money into this game and go back to higher level mobs.
If not, well... It's a sign to me that this game is past it's prime, that it's dead and I won't miss it.

Setup I will be using:

Adjusted bukin + ZX sinkadus (can't be bothered buying overpriced a101)
Ares ring, Improved
Hermetic ring, Modified
Karona's Velocity Jumpsuit
No armor, no FAP, no enhancers, no pills

That makes 25% movement buff, 8% reload speed, +0.6 crit, +8% crit damage

Mobs I will be hunting:

I plan to stay on Calypso, though I might visit other planets later too.
Snablesnot, Snarksnot, Exarosaur, Combibo, Gradivore, Daikiba/Shinkiba, Merp, Sabakuma, Plumatergus, Foul and all that low stuff you can kill with this setup. I'll avoid puny mobs for obvious reasons.

Each run will be 30 PED ammo + 2.59-2.60 decay for weapon+amp. Not going to use finisher. Gonna update log every 5 runs I think, or maybe even 10 runs so it won't get too spammy. Also forgot to mention, I'll always hunt on untaxed areas

Cycled after 30 runs:
979.36 PED
TT return so far:

-64.63 / 93.40%

Last edited:
Cycled #1-#10 runs
325.94 PED
TT return #1-#10 runs

-22.88 / 92.98% Got 1 global 8 ped snablesnot female young
Cycled #11-#20 runs
325.92 PED
TT return #11-#20 runs

-19.69 / 93.96% TT return was really low, but it picked up last few runs, even got a 11 PED snablesnot female old global
Cycled #21-#30 runs
327.50 PED
TT return #21-#30 runs
-22.06 / 93.45%
Did 1x feffoid cave as I need to grind tokens since I sold my unl weapon and result of that run was 57.12%, so far the worst, but it's only 15 mobs so it was expected :)

Last edited:
Ive been meaning to do something similar with fouls and exos. this blog definitely will prove useful not only to newbies but also mid lvl hunters. Something people need to understand is just because ur a lvl 50 hunter does not mean you have to hunt big mobs.;)

Ive been meaning to do something similar with fouls and exos. this blog definitely will prove useful not only to newbies but also mid lvl hunters. Something people need to understand is just because ur a lvl 50 hunter does not mean you have to hunt big mobs.;)

I cracked a few Fouls a couple weeks back when I ran into a herd of larger maturity, I was pleasantly surprised by their return. Been meaning to give em another go!

Absolutely, I don't mind hunting small mobs... I'm just addicted to greenlines :D And on these mobs you get 1 greenline in 2 mobs lol. Also thanks for mentioning fouls, totally forgot about them.

Back