Poll: At what price will you cease to acquire more CLDs?

At what price will you cease to acquire more CLDs?

• 1000 PED

Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 1100 PED

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 1200 PED

Votes: 26 15.8%
  • 1300 PED

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • 1400 PED

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • 1500 PED

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • 1600 PED

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • 1700 PED

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 1800 PED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1900 PED

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 2000 PED

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >2000 PED

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • >2500 PED

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • >3000 PED

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

sawachika

Old Alpha
Just curious...

If assuming the CLD payout remains the same, then at what price will you cease to acquire more CLDs?

Just choose the value closest to your stopping price...

Thanks for participating in the poll.

---
Just in case you were wondering, I voted at 1300 PEDs. Any higher and it would be out of my comfort zone...hehe (And that's if I have spare peds lying around that is...)

Last edited:
I voted 1000 peds here, with that I just want to say that I prefer to buy them "first-hand" (or possibly from someone ingame I know would use the PEDs in, in my opinion, a wise way). My budget is a bit limited though.

As soon as they went over 1000ped, I thought you' d have to be pretty stupid to buy this at a greater price than they where released, but thats only because I look at them for ROI and no capital growth.

I put in 1100ped as, I would have chipped in 100ped more just because.

I put in 1100ped as, I would have chipped in 100ped more just because.

I kind'a just got mad over the people who bought them from MA (global auction) and immediately reposted them at 50-100 peds more. I got one for 1000 ped (original price) and then at second offer 1150 ped where I used the payback to pay the "markup".

Original plan would had been fun to buy one/month until I had 9 (for a "lot"). I'm not after profit here, I wanted to support developers and also it was fun to have a kind of "investment" that pays back (like land area owners have).

IRL companies like increased share price, because that means the companies can issue more shares. Here the total amount is limited though and "all" are sold (except the ones given out in events).

Last edited:
I think a more interesting question is at what price would people begin to sell theirs off.

I was loath to buy from resellers who snapped up the originals immediately only to relist, so it's not so much a specific price as who is selling and how long ago they bought.

Baissed poll that assumes price can never go on the negative side of 1000 ped.

I think a more interesting question is at what price would people begin to sell theirs off.

I was loath to buy from resellers who snapped up the originals immediately only to relist, so it's not so much a specific price as who is selling and how long ago they bought.

Hmmm....well...I guess your question is mostly targeting people who would sell off CLDs if the price is right....while what I had in mind were people who would keep on collecting CLDs for keeps (on the assumption that nothing bad happens to them of course...). And since logically speaking, all CLDs would eventually flow to people who would hold onto them and thus the supply would just keep diminishing so long as the CLD price is bought at an acceptable price to the buyer...

So my poll is more of accessing the mentality of buyers of CLDs...and their threshold.

Baissed poll that assumes price can never go on the negative side of 1000 ped.

Hehehe...well....I can't always satisfy all sides right? :cool:

Anyway, if the payouts or some drastic news gets released that's negative....of course the price will fall below 1000 PEDs, but that's another poll for another day and I shan't get into that.

no offence, but its a silly poll because it ignores the income. If the income becomes 100 ped / week, the price will move up accordingly. Same if the income drops to 1 ped/ week, price will drop.

More sense to ask at what %ROI will people stop buying. For me, that would probably be around 15%.

declaration: I hold RL stocks as well as CLDs.

Bought the most of mine at 1150, then a bit more at 1200. If they ever drop to 1200 again, will probably buy more, but not for more.

That's of course as long as the ROI is > 10%.

Anything above 1k has to come from saved up MU from trades or dividend, that's my "rule" when and
if I ever buy some more CLDs. :)

no offence, but its a silly poll because it ignores the income. If the income becomes 100 ped / week, the price will move up accordingly.
No offense, but you're in la-la land if you even consider that a possibility. :)

I voted 1500.

Once again, thank you all for participating in the poll as well as voicing out your comments.

no offence, but its a silly poll because it ignores the income. If the income becomes 100 ped / week, the price will move up accordingly. Same if the income drops to 1 ped/ week, price will drop.

More sense to ask at what %ROI will people stop buying. For me, that would probably be around 15%.

declaration: I hold RL stocks as well as CLDs.

None taken.

I would agree that your suggestion would have been better perhaps...but to me, based upon my stated assumption, this poll would more than satisfy my query and curiosity so its far from useless. :D

At least from what I can tell, based on those whom have voted, 67.85% of them would most probably no longer be acquiring more CLDs at their current prices (from what I've heard its ~1360 peds right?) and to them they are already overpriced. While 32.15% would probably still be snapping up the available CLDs at least until their individual thresholds are reached.

Last edited:
I put 3K ped because even at 3K, the ROI is still really good compared to current real world investments.

I put 3K ped because even at 3K, the ROI is still really good compared to current real world investments.

No, you put 3k because you silently hope they will climb to that, so you can sell.

No, you put 3k because you silently hope they will climb to that, so you can sell.

No, I put 3k because even at 3k they are still better than most stocks. Feel free to speak for yourself.

No, I put 3k because even at 3k they are still better than most stocks. Feel free to speak for yourself.

Voted 1700 from same reason as Captain Jack. I bet IRL ROI on bank deposits may vary in diferent countries due to diferent prime/basic rates. 1700 in my case is ok.

As for ermik and his answers about CLD's in few threads...I wonder if he is just angry he couldnt buy some at good price, or just jealous some ppl managed sell CLD for more than initial 1000 peds

As for ermik and his answers about CLD's in few threads...I wonder if he is just angry he couldnt buy some at good price, or just jealous some ppl managed sell CLD for more than initial 1000 peds

Miscredit people who speak the uncomfortable truth, oldest trick in the book.

Moist

Most stocks have an asset base to underpin share release - MA don't even hold total tt value IG and they sold their castle afaik. When this pops it's only gas.

>2000 but to pay more than 1,200 I not see any point :laugh:

Miscredit people who speak the uncomfortable truth, oldest trick in the book.

It's not an uncomfortable truth mate, it's a personal opinion. You think I made my statement by what you assume to be my motives. These are both things that go on in your head, and are not universal. Therefor they can not be relied on as truth.
While you are entitled to your personal opinion, and I respect that, I appreciate if you would not put words in other people's mouths and declare your assumptions to be truths.

I Put 2,000ped because regarding the ROI, even at 2.5k it's still more intersting than Real Bank returns rate... :)

I Put 2,000ped because regarding the ROI, even at 2.5k it's still more intersting than Real Bank returns rate... :)

...with the only diffirence that in real banks u have nearly 100% denominational value vs CLDs that have 0 value.

Personally it doesn't make any sense for me to keep cld's @ 1500 or more as at that % real life becomes way more attractive as an investment opportunity. However thats a country specific thing and i do understand if others are willing to pay more.

One thing i have heard so often is that CLD eventually is the only investment opportunity that a small scale investor has in EU which does not require too much time to profit with. In this case people are looking at the +ve run in capital growth that the CLD has had in the last 1 year and the trend that does look promising. Right now , the way things are , even 1 sizeable investor who thinks that a 7% ROI is good can move the market as the supply is very low and demand is high. Things dont take time to change though and as such it is impossible to predict which way this could go in a short term assessment.

Divinity

Depends on Calypso's income. If Calypso begins to make significantly more money the CLD ROI goes, up, allowing price of CLD to increase. In theory there is no cap, although its based off ARPU, with the ROI being directly proportional to any increases in ARPU.

It still puzzles me that there are so many long term investors that don't know how to determine book value by P/E ratio...

:scratch2:

...Prolly best you don't learn how to now tho.

Tippin'

It still puzzles me that there are so many long term investors that don't know how to determine book value by P/E ratio...

Our motivations may be slightly different :)

Tippin'

I never claimed to know a lot about these kind of things, but you raise a question within me that I hope you could answer.
How do you evaluate P/E ratio if the net income of MA is negative? Or do you use the collective dividends of CLD's as the net income?

Back