Poll: Mission Rewards Rebalancing

What do you think about the mission rewards re-adjustment

• I think the proposed changes should be implemented at the given date. I am unreservedly in favour

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • No changes should be implemented, ever.

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • am happy that frags and tokens will be replaced with skills .

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • I am happy if noob missions, specifically, will be rewarded with skills not attributes.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • I am unreservedly happy with the overall change of emphasis from attributes to skill.

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • I require more information before I can be sure that I am happy about all this.

Votes: 28 31.5%
  • I want stamina to still be awarded as before. Never mind the rest of it.

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • I want stamina to still be awarded, but I also very much care about the rest

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I do think the changes need to be implemented very carefully, with more regard for existing players

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • I have invested heavily in preparing for missions. I wish that to be recognised by MA.

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • Players should be given a realistic time span to collect all the attribute rewards if wanted.

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • Mission chains that have already been started should continue to offer the old rewards.

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Players who already completed the missions should ne able trade in the old rewards for the new.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I feel shafted by the changes, and am concerned that players will lose trust in MA, as a result.

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • I am not happy and have a different proposition not listed above (give details)

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I really don't give a f***

Votes: 10 11.2%

• Total voters

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Please read this post before voting!

IMPORTANT NOTE: you can select as many poll options as you like. In many cases, it would not make sense to select only one option.

Before anybody rushes to maker more petitions to MA, I think we really should take a consensus of opinion, so we can design the petition to represent the view of many players as possible. Possibly Danimal's petition is as representative as is possible to be, but I personally doubt this and prefer to find out. I think that very many players are equally (or more!) concerned about attributes in general as they are about stamina, but we shall see

This is my attempt to find out. Please consider the issues thoroughly before making your mind up, and try not to take an “I'm all right, Jack “ attitute, but also consider other players' concerns. eg if attribute points are worthless in your view, you should still consider the position of those who do value them, and whether the changes are fair to these people. And if you are not a noob, you should still consider whether the proposed changes are of benefit to noobs, and answer accordingly.

If anybody wants wants to make a new petition, please wait a few days at least so that as many opinions as possible can be collected first. I have tried to represent all POVs, but I might have missed somethig interesting

For further info see this thread.

And do see this clarification from Charlie (easily overlooked on page 2)

No, this is not necessarily a "nerf" to all missions.

In general there will be a heavier focus on skill rewards rather than attributes, or mission tokens.
All missions will have their Nova Fragment rewards replaced with skill rewards. Skill rewards will be calculated in a way that will take into account the actual difficulty of the creature rather than just its health.

In the end this means that some missions will have their rewards increased while others will get decreased.

Also, this is a MindArk decision that all planet partners has to follow, but I do believe that skill rewards is in most cases, at least to low/mid level players much more valuable than attributes or Mission tokens. Also I know many are hesitant to complete missions that reward attributes because they want to get their attributes high before earning any through missions. This can actually prevent new players from reaching higher attribute levels because they gained a lot of points from missions while their attributes where still easy to obtain through normal activity.

Oh! should say that my own proposition is as follows:

How about offering a choice between the new reward and old rewards for a realistic period of time after the change (at least a year, preferably 2 or 3 )so that people who planned on collecting the attributes later rather than sooner will still have the chance to do so.

there was not room to aqueeze all this into the poll though (100 character limit)sp had to settle for "Players should be given a realistictic time span..."

Last edited:
reserved for further info, if nrecessary

Chose I dont give a f&^*

As I couldnt be bothered reading, sorry :silly2:

Voted.

Also, I don't think that replacing tokens with skill rewards for storyline missions would be progress.

I like the fact they are making changes for a uniform mission rewards system which all PP can use. The focus then being on planet content rather than a PP abusing mission reward system to attract players.

So I'm all in favour of changes. Hopefully in future PP will not be able to abuse item or mission rewards.

That being said I would have liked them to give more consideration to existing players who like to complete missions at a slower rate i.e. in my opinion if a mission chain has been started people should be allowed to finish that no matter what the date with the current rewards.

I actually see nothing wrong with missions except the crappy nova fragments, and really they don't bother me that much just seems cheap on MA's part.

I actually like working on Mission Token missions, I personally don't want to see them taken away. I've been working for awhile now collecting Mission Tokens to get something cool from one of the mission brokers and that is now being taken away or mostly taken away, total Bullsh*t. If anything make mission tokens untradable/sellable if they cause balance issues, but don't just get rid of them. Keep mission token missions as they are change the game properties of the tokens instead.

As for attributes being changed to other skills points or nova frags changes to skill points on missions, that doesn't bother me except the stamina awards. There is only one way to get that and that is from missions, would be another total BS move if they just replaced it with something else, whole point to work on 10k missions is for that 1 damn point of stamina, get rid of that may as well say screw the iron missions as they just won't be worth it, that one rare hard to get stamina point is what makes iron missions worth doing.

Your options are a bit vague, i don't think that everyone understands that, what is gonna happen when they remove the Fragment rewards and give skills instead. (has this been cleared out somewhere already?) Since i think they will just take the 10k mission reward, and spread it across the other missions, so instead of 100ped reward on 10k, you'll get 5ped on 1k, 25ped on 5k and 70ped on 10k.
Do correct me if this has been clarified already.

In the meantime, i'm just gonna stick with "do not f**king touch the stuff that people have worked on for years and are in process of doing it".

I've tried to stay off the forum last few days, calm down and focus on the issue.

I agree changes need to be made and maybe MA are going to make a rule that each planet partner can only issue a maximum number of attribute rewards missions.

We still have a problem with the number of planet partners though. We have two new planet partners coming online shortly, I guess they will want their share of the attribute reward missions, as that would only be fair. so how are MA going to address this pending problem, open the planet to no attribute rewards? (can that even be controlled, planet partners may have rights under their existing Contracts with MA for their own benefit)

What happens if we have another 10 planets in the few years? How do MA propose to control fairness amongst all planet partners, and at the same time limit the number of attribute missions across the entire universe.

The only way i can see this happening is if MA introduce a participant/player restriction on the number of missions you can claim an attributes for. Or maybe you can only claim an attribute in future from the planet you are born on.

If this was the case then a player born on say RT could still carry out iron missions on Caly, but the reward would have to be skill and not attributes, however that player can claim attribute missions from their own planet of birth.

This would appear to be a solution to the problem, and not limit access to attribute missions to any number of new planets coming on line.

Cyrene is due next week. I do not know if this planet is coming online with attribute missions at the start, but if it is then this is another problem waiting to happen.

A collective code of responsibility needs to be agreed by all Planet Partners to limit the impact of potential future problems. It is Mindarks job to put these rules and controls in place so that future content is thoroughly assessed before this is introduced to the entire community.

We have been down this road before where content is brought in for short term gain, without fully understanding the future impact. I will forgive MA naivety on this issue, although acting the fool and showing pure genius in the same breath cannot wash forever. Boy who cried wolf too many times springs to mind.

Lets get this damn thing fixed and move on.

Good luck out there.

Rick

You can not keep the mission rewards as they are and only change the new ones. Because then every new player will have to go to calypso and do the quest there with awesome rewards.. It wouldn't be fair to the new planets. 100 foul - 1 agility as an example is just stupid.

Obviously they should have done it right from the start, but better late then never. I feel sorry for all those who have done many 5000 iron missions for novas thought.

PS: I suggest everyone to do all 100 x iron mission for they will for sure be nerfed, probaly most easy 500 and 1000 too.

Old ones, keep them, New ones, new rules.

A change at this point, where some avatars have done some missions or part, and got their rewards, is too unfair imo.

They REALLY need to start thinking of the consequences before implementing new stuff.

New missions (or mission chains) should be coinceived with these new guidelines. Old missions should continue as they are. NEVER change the rules in the middle of a game.

Voted I really don't give a f***

I've always held the belief that attribute missions should not be the reason why you hunt a mob, it's additional bonus to a mob you already hunt.

And any bonus is a bonus. We'll have people complaining that they can't do them in time but how many us missed the days of linear and allowed auto click skilling.

Last edited:
The focus then being on planet content rather than a PP abusing mission reward system to attract players.

So I'm all in favour of changes. Hopefully in future PP will not be able to abuse item or mission rewards.

There's only one scumbag PP that is unethical enough to do this. (Mr. CAPLOK)

Tippin'

Back