Poor performance, good computer?

Foton

Young
Entropia runs really badly on my decent computer:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz
512MB Ram DDR SDRAM PC3200 (the problem?)
ATI Radeon X700 128MB

I can run BF2 on medium at constant 30fps so why would this run bad?

Not to mention the fact i play straight from a clean boot!

Where are you getting bad performance? Out in the middle of nowhere, or in settlements? Or both...?

The lack of RAM probably won't be helping matters (I have 1.5gb and the RAM useage gets up to about 98% if I've been playing a few hours), but theres surely enough there to not have too much of a problem.

The other main problem would be your connection speed. What type of connection are you using?

Miller said:
Where are you getting bad performance? Out in the middle of nowhere, or in settlements? Or both...?

The lack of RAM probably won't be helping matters (I have 1.5gb and the RAM useage gets up to about 98% if I've been playing a few hours), but theres surely enough there to not have too much of a problem.

The other main problem would be your connection speed. What type of connection are you using?
I'm not sure where exactly :( but most of the time its bad

I have a 1mb connection

That is a bit strange :confused:

Try changing the options in game a bit. Lower the draw distance, disable wind and turn anything else that's graphical down a few notches, just to see if it makes a difference. If there's a difference in performance with things "turned down", its a simple case of lack of power.

Im running PE on an Athlon 64bit 3200+ cpu, 1.5gb ram and a 256mb X800 XT PE graphics card, but I still get crap-tastic performance in some areas - I think my reason is down to network latency as opposed to a lack of computing-power though..

Foton said:
Entropia runs really badly on my decent computer:

Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz
512MB Ram DDR SDRAM PC3200 (the problem?)
ATI Radeon X700 128MB

I can run BF2 on medium at constant 30fps so why would this run bad?

Not to mention the fact i play straight from a clean boot!

well acctualy 512 mb ram isn't "decent". 512 is absolute minimum requirement to run PE, 2 gig is optimal though. Also I am not sure about the ATI x700 card, it's an "okay" card, but nothing special. CPU doesn't matter so much, 3.0ghz is more then enough. Try upgrade your ram with another 1.5 gig.

Back