Pop-ups

Fire Firemaiden

Old Alpha
Society
Disturbed Beer Drinkers
Firemaiden
Since 711 has been upgrading i have been getting a sh*t load of popups trying to sell me this 'n' that.....i scanned my PC with everything i could get my hands on and stopped short of using bleach!!! and it's EF specific....i don't get popups when browsing other forums or when using IE....sooo, has 711 sold out to the lucrative pop-up merchants?? or is it all in my imagination??

Hmm... I don't have any popup problems (other than the PM popups!)
What gives?

I use mozilla firefox and not a single popup for me.

:(I had this for a while aswel last year and talked to 711 about it.

he has not sold out, it is a problem of your own.

I rebooted pc and was fine aftherwards again, think you are just the victim of something pretty malicious.

No pop-up ads here, ever, from EF.

I think it's safe to say that the problem is on your PC. I think your best bet is to find a good site dedicated to PC security, and post your problem there.

I personally recommend Computer Trouble • Index page as they have several very experienced members in the mal-ware removal front, together with the knowledge to point you to other sites that can help if need be.

Edit, or try Extract hijackthis as Nellie2 rocks when it comes to this sort of thing (assuming your problem a nastie on your PC)

I use Firefox never had any issues with pop-ups ever. Do you use IE or Firefox? if your using IE do you have a pop-up blocker for it? I had many issues with pop-ups when I used IE.

Since i use Firefox with Adblock Plus Extension i haven't seen a single popup, i highly recommended you try that combination.

EntropiaForum has never used any form of popup advertising, and never will.

No other users are reporting the same behavior that you are, so it is extremely likely that the popups are being generated by something on your PC, not by any code on the EF website.

Ahhh... the life of a technician. "I never had this problem before you 'upgraded' our system. Whatever you did broke my stuff." Right. I'm the one that forced you to click on those blinking ads to punch the monkey or whatever the hell they do now... :rolleyes:

lol joser

that zap the mosquito ones purely annoying, drives me spare when its on a page im visiting

Punch the monkey(!!!), oh how often did I miss :D ;)

You dont want to surf without a popup-blocker in todays world, do you ? :p

And you shall check for spyware, have a firewall, antivirus, a house made of gold and and and...

I use both adaware and spybot...also AVG, hmm it does sound like it's my problem folks....having thought about the kind of popups they are (car insurance ect ect) i come to the conclusion it must have been when i filled in the confused.com insurance search thingy......bastards.....tho it does seem to be EF specific as i said in orig post.....anyhoo ty all for the input and ty 711 for replying so promptly :) +rep peeps :)

Try this link. I promise it's safe.

Use Maxthon, keeping your IE exploring ways safe and enhanced since 2001.

... click on those blinking ads to punch the monkey or whatever the hell they do now... :rolleyes:

My mom said I'd go blind if I punched the monkey...

Back