PR: World Record For Most Expensive Virtual Object Is Smashed

I think they should make Entropia available in gamestores, for 20 USD or something, with a pre-paid depo card included :D

And then also make the game available through Steam Network with two download options:

Free - Game only
20USD - Game + 200PED

:silly2:

I would say have it be $20, include 150 PED and the new player's choice of gun+ammo or finder+bombs/probes, totaling 20 PED in equipment in addition to the 150 PED on the card. Also have it include (wait for it... it will blow your mind... nobody has EVER thought of this...) AN INSTUCTION MANUAL!!!

Have a contest for the design of the manual, with MA letting the community vote for the winner (but have the works all be anonymous, so no popularity contest) and have that person win a unique item - just like when they did the video contest that resulted in the Dub & McCormick Terminator. The winning manual would be included as a PDF on the install disk or the digital download (if through Steam or other online distribution service).

Breaking news

A fresh post on the 21st about a press release from the 5th. Hmm....

In other breaking news German football club SV Hamburg have signed Kevin Keegan, and Ronald Reagan has been sworn in as the American President. :D

In other breaking news from the 21st January:

Philip II of France and Richard I of England begin to assemble troops to wage the Third Crusade. (1189)

Abel Tasman becomes the first European to reach Tonga. (1643)

Sweden and Prussia sign the Treaty of Stockholm. (1720)

The first American novel, "The Power of Sympathy or the Triumph of Nature Founded in Truth", is printed in Boston, Massachusetts. (1789)

After being found guilty of treason by the French Convention, Louis XVI of France is executed by guillotine. (1793)

American Civil War: Jefferson Davis resigns from the United States Senate. (1861)

Opel manufactures its first automobile. (1899)

Albania declares itself a republic. (1925)

The first nuclear-powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, is launched in Groton, Connecticut by Mamie Eisenhower, the First Lady of the United States. (1954)

Vietnam War: Battle of Khe Sanh – One of the most publicized and controversial battles of the war begins. (1968)

President Jimmy Carter pardons nearly all American Vietnam War draft evaders, some of whom had emigrated to Canada. (1977)

Newt Gingrich becomes the first leader of the United States House of Representatives to be internally disciplined for ethical misconduct. (1997)

Black Monday in worldwide stock markets. FTSE 100 had its biggest ever one-day points fall, European stocks closed with their worst result since 11 September 2001, and Asian stocks drop as much as 15%. (2008)

;)

It's also National Hug Day!

:yay: :hug: :yay:

I just talked with someone from the future!

He told me in twoo years there will be another World Record For Most Expensive Object !!!

Stuning news!!!! Young kids used parents Golden Card Bought 10 tons dungs for 10millions USdollar !

He told me in twoo years there will be another World Record For Most Expensive Object !!!

Stuning news!!!! Young kids used parents Golden Card Bought 10 tons dungs for 10millions USdollar !

10 tons of dung is not ONE object, it is several ;)

I've downloaded it 459 times now. Watching it download isn't as much fun as playing other games though. :)

Brilliant LOL - that tickles me LOL

i agree with the people saying you should sell it in shops and bundel it with a ped voucher.

in the UK we dont have this but i do know in places like belgium ISPs cap the ammoun you can download per month (like 30gb/Mo) so a 5Gb download for the game is already alot and people from there might not download it.

also as some have stated not every time the game installs right so you have to re-download it. i dont think people would want to waist 1/3rd of their monthly allowence in less than a day.

also alot of people cant use internets to find games and go to the shop insted.

and a manual is imperative !

edit : i used my 3000th post for this

in the UK we dont have this but i do know in places like belgium ISPs cap the ammoun you can download per month (like 30gb/Mo)

We do have this in the UK, depending on your ISP and the level of service you pay for :)

Dear MA/FPC, the best advertisement is "mouth to mouth".
As long as the current playerbase mostly doesn't dare trying to persuade family/friends to give EU a try, you miss out on a lot of free advertising.

If you wonder why the playerbase mostly doesn't dare, this means you still haven't got it...
For the moment I can assure you that EU is developing more and more in a way that active players won't recommend it to friends/family.

I would LOVE to be able to recruit IRL friends into EU. I just can't do it morally at this point. It all comes down to affordability and fun.

I can get by fairly well, but it is difficult and takes a long time. Those are two things the masses don't like.

I would LOVE to be able to recruit IRL friends into EU. I just can't do it morally at this point. It all comes down to affordability and fun.
I can't do it because my friends just look at me in a "what the chuff's he on about now" sort of way.

also as some have stated not every time the game installs right so you have to re-download it.

:scratch2:
You install the game and it works.

The game is known to feature errors, especially after updates so create a second folder and copy the working game client in there. Does your initial installation crash? copy the copy back into the original folders and only re-download the updates.

Doesn't seem to be rocket science imo :cool:

:scratch2:
You install the game and it works.

The game is known to feature errors, especially after updates so create a second folder and copy the working game client in there. Does your initial installation crash? copy the copy back into the original folders and only re-download the updates.

Doesn't seem to be rocket science imo :cool:

most people that are noobs and havent played the game yet will just give up

Please dont tell os old news :computer: tell os some new news.:)

Planet Calypso is one of the few safe investments in this economy.

first of all.... a safe investment doesn't provide large amounts of profit. secondly, I call bullshit on Calypso being a safe investment. There hasn't been a worse time to invest in ANYTHING virtual around here. However.... that being said.... Buzz.... you'll either make huge or go down like the titanic. High risk investments are like that. I'm thinking, that if all goes well and you get lucky, you can pull enough PEDs over the next year or so to cover your loan payment then when the world's economy recovers.... and IF Calypso's economy recovers.. you can sell for 500k U.S. and make yourself a cool profit. I'm hoping that will be the case for ya.... however.... I'm noticing alot more proteron globals than alien globals.... nice of MA to sell you a space station with unique DNA then go and release 4 new and unique DNA (to themselves) at the same time.

Cue the next massive wave of colonists to EU.

first of all.... a safe investment doesn't provide large amounts of profit. secondly, I call bullshit on Calypso being a safe investment. There hasn't been a worse time to invest in ANYTHING virtual around here. However.... that being said.... Buzz.... you'll either make huge or go down like the titanic. High risk investments are like that. I'm thinking, that if all goes well and you get lucky, you can pull enough PEDs over the next year or so to cover your loan payment then when the world's economy recovers.... and IF Calypso's economy recovers.. you can sell for 500k U.S. and make yourself a cool profit. I'm hoping that will be the case for ya.... however.... I'm noticing alot more proteron globals than alien globals.... nice of MA to sell you a space station with unique DNA then go and release 4 new and unique DNA (to themselves) at the same time.
Of course they released new mobs to make sure there won't be too much drain in the ingame economy.
Buzz should have become US spokesperson for MA prior to purchase to guarantee getting his investment back, now I'm afraid it won't happen in next ten years or so.:rolleyes:

At the moment Nightwolf is choosing to invest in real estate, safer methinks ;)

i agree with the people saying you should sell it in shops and bundel it with a ped voucher.

in the UK we dont have this but i do know in places like belgium ISPs cap the ammoun you can download per month (like 30gb/Mo) so a 5Gb download for the game is already alot and people from there might not download it.

also as some have stated not every time the game installs right so you have to re-download it. i dont think people would want to waist 1/3rd of their monthly allowence in less than a day.

also alot of people cant use internets to find games and go to the shop insted.

and a manual is imperative !

edit : i used my 3000th post for this

I can see a couple of issues. A lot of shops will have the boxes on the shelves for quite a while and I can't see MA / FPC wanting to update the discs everytime they release a patch. You buy the game in store, install it, run it for the first time and it starts to download a 4gb patch :wtg:

Theres no generic - one patch fits all, if your updating everytime a patch is released you download the first patch and install, download the second and install, download the third and install. It's at this point that someone gets impatient and clicks the cancel button as the patcher window goes blank (as it usually does for me) and looks like it stopped responding. Now they've got to reinstall from scratch and download all the patches again :(.

Secondly, give a noob 200ped and they'll waste it. Apart from the fact the MA may never receive $20 for the purchase to fund the 200ped card included as they've had to pay production and distribution costs. Guess who's going to be picking up the tab.

A far better option would be to give an option on the MA / FPC website to purchase an a disc directly from them with as close to live full installer and then reimburse the buyers costs ingame including delivery. Easiest method would be to get preprinted dvd's and then burn them as required. This way they're not stuck with thousands of out of date discs.

Considering the amount of money some people (like me) deposit, I think installation disks should be free for those who deposits over a certain amount, much like the GC's. They should be automatically sent to you with every VU, without the need to request them.

Perhaps some sort of rewards system should be in place.
Say for example, you get 1point per 5k PED deposits and there is a "rewards shop" page on the official website where you can buy stuff, eg:

1pt = Gold Card
1pt = 1x VU install disk (choose VU)
2pt = Personalised IRL paraphenalia featuring your Avatar
3pt = Personalised in-game paraphenalia featuring your Avatar 0.1TT (paintings etc)
5pt = Non-tradeable VIP garments (for example)
etc etc

You get the idea, I hope.
Just an idea anyways :)

Back