Suggestion: Premium AH service

MA is a business and I'm fine helping them with a consistent revenue stream if the service is worth it. It also provides incentive to focus more on increasing player base and less on getting existing people to cycle more.

Most auction fees for stackables are factored into the sale by the seller. The buyer pays it.

This Might work for the huge fees for UL items I’m sure certain resellers would love not having to pay 1000 ped per week relisting the same overpriced crap. Though it’s just promoting uncompetitive behaviour. But sure, pay through your ass for it.

I won’t be subscribing

Last edited:
ma willnot sell time based facility... will squeeze every ped off ah fees :)

One small decent idea though…. A small fee to advertise your listing in bold/yellow as soon as you open the auction screen. Id do that if selling a high ticket item on auction. Or get your listing featured on the launcher for big boy bucks.

Most auction fees for stackables are factored into the sale by the seller. The buyer pays it.
If they sell. I was looking at it from the perspective of a new player where their stacks repeatedly don't sell and then they sell to a reseller for less mu than they've put into auction fees at that time.

If they sell. I was looking at it from the perspective of a new player where their stacks repeatedly don't sell and then they sell to a reseller for less mu than they've put into auction fees at that time.
Typically this becomes a nil problem as people gain more experience on what to do. And for the low end materials, nanocubes have cut the lunch of reseller services.
All I can say is if a new player is blowing enough expired auctions to economically justify a per month USD subscription to mindark then god help them, they need rehab a barring order on all terminal services.

Typically this becomes a nil problem as people gain more experience on what to do. And for the low end materials, nanocubes have cut the lunch of reseller services.
All I can say is if a new player is blowing enough expired auctions to economically justify a per month USD subscription to mindark then god help them, they need rehab a barring order on all terminal services.
Economical? Probably not. It would be a premium option and not a mandate. Some people like the convenience it would provide at all levels of play. Doesn't change the fact that the first thing many new players experience is the unique entropia experience of getting less back than they put in and then being charged for loot to not sell. Not a strong impression for retention. I personally would pay a subscription fee just so I can put my stuff up and forget about it until demand takes it off my hands. It also gets more economical as your cycle and bank roll get bigger because the subscription is static, but the amount of loot to sell isn't. Multiple reasons. Would you be against it being implemented or just against using it yourself?

Would you be against it being implemented or just against using it yourself?
I’m against it period. Who needs to learn about the game economy when you can just pay to go through it consequence free? If mindark want to make an auction tutorial (sorely needed) and give new players a bit of a break the first handful of times they try it out that’s fine. But I don’t like this as a paywall service.

I’m against it period. Who needs to learn about the game economy when you can just pay to go through it consequence free? If mindark want to make an auction tutorial (sorely needed) and give new players a bit of a break the first handful of times they try it out that’s fine. But I don’t like this as a paywall service.
Interesting. I do like the tutorial idea. I guess we disagree on the rest though. The whole game is a paywall and I'm not sure why it's a problem in this specific application. Other than making a certain aspect of the game easier for those that pay more (because that's only ok when it's 100k+ in gear and not an affordable subscription to make offloading loot easier) what would the negative impact be? Honestly I was hoping to talk more about the economical impact when I made this thread. I think it's highly possible there is a negative economic impact I'm overlooking or maybe more positive ones than I already see.

Interesting. I do like the tutorial idea. I guess we disagree on the rest though. The whole game is a paywall and I'm not sure why it's a problem in this specific application. Other than making a certain aspect of the game easier for those that pay more (because that's only ok when it's 100k+ in gear and not an affordable subscription to make offloading loot easier) what would the negative impact be? Honestly I was hoping to talk more about the economical impact when I made this thread. I think it's highly possible there is a negative economic impact I'm overlooking or maybe more positive ones than I already see.
Yes it would be good to hear other people’s opinions. From my first post I’m generally ok with a premium auction service concept, it’s just this perk we have been discussing specifically that I disagree with. But others I can be fine with, such as my own perk suggestion. It all depends on what you get for your money.
Anyway I’ve said enough on the topic I will wait for some new ground to break before commenting again.

The only feature needed is partial stack buying feature that everyone has been preaching for since God was a boy.

Like: add 3000 PED stack of something to AH / shop and let ppl buy in lots of any number of items. 1 piece of crude oil if needed. And charge minimal sale fee per lot (e.g. 1 pec per ped of goods sold - rounded up, without inital fee)

That simple mechanism would revive trade and make everything more simple. Ppl would try out more crafting, sell their stack more easily.

I.

The only feature needed is partial stack buying feature that everyone has been preaching for since God was a boy.

Like: add 3000 PED stack of something to AH / shop and let ppl buy in lots of any number of items. 1 piece of crude oil if needed. And charge minimal sale fee per lot (e.g. 1 pec per ped of goods sold - rounded up, without inital fee)

That simple mechanism would revive trade and make everything more simple. Ppl would try out more crafting, sell their stack more easily.

I.
add one auction for ALL the planets without no cost for delivery and i vote yuou for president

I think it's about time to have one universal auction for all planets. The reason for using warp is to travel fast & hunt / mine / craft on a particular planet. Our game has too small playerbase to sustain a proper economy for each planet.

There's also a ton of auction fees MA could get from those players that tend to TT their low MU stuff on other planets since it's harder to sell there, let a player choose which planet they want to hunt in. Don't force us to take a warp back to Calypso and basically stuck there until our stuff is sold. You can motivate other players to hunt on Calypso with other ways, like robot event, migration, RDI, other MU mobs and so on, there's tons of favoritism over the years for Calypso it's time to give the other PP's the carrot, not just the stick.

People would still need to use warp services, since they travel with nutrio bar, pills and so forth, and most use warp for faster travel anyhow, so I think it really could help the whole economy.

Last edited:
Buying partial stacks and universal auction are both great ideas, but I don't understand why nobody wants to talk about the topic of this post. Jake is the only person that has given me a clear idea of what they don't like about the idea and there are a lot of downvotes. Is it simply the idea of paying MA for a service that rubs people the wrong way? This is a discussion thread with premium AH service as the topic of this particular post.

Buying partial stacks and universal auction are both great ideas, but I don't understand why nobody wants to talk about the topic of this post. Jake is the only person that has given me a clear idea of what they don't like about the idea and there are a lot of downvotes. Is it simply the idea of paying MA for a service that rubs people the wrong way? This is a discussion thread with premium AH service as the topic of this particular post.
Why should we pay mindark to resolve a problem that they have designed to be inconvenient?

To me, it is the same premise as game developers (usually MMOs) designing systems with intended flaws, just to sell the solution to the player.

Personally I would like to see a universal AH where you can place buy and sell orders for any quantity of commodity. Similar to other systems such as runescapes grand exchange or the marketplaces in EVE/Albion. But that is probably better suited to another topic.

The idea is simple. Charge a monthly subscription and offer perks in exchange. The perks I think would drive the economy most would be removing auction fees, and a large increase in slots for selling.

Please discuss.
This real issue about economy down in EU (ubers leaving, many ppl selling shops and assets) is that MA is not able to attract affluent new players, on the contrary MA attracts a lot of FTP players who are only here to sweat and fruit picking, they are not the key contributors of EU economy (no offence). As i mentioned many many times, MA needs to come up with a SOLID marketing campaign to draw in lots of affluent players, period.

I have submitted some marketing plans to MA CEO, hope they are considering and working on it, cheers~

No idea if this has been said, but removing auction fee would completely undermine shops that people own. So doesn't get my vote. More slots however is an absolute must, and should have that anyway, with no extra fee

Rgds

Ace

No idea if this has been said, but removing auction fee would completely undermine shops that people own. So doesn't get my vote. More slots however is an absolute must, and should have that anyway, with no extra fee

Rgds

Ace
why remove AH fee? there is no need for that, we place items in AH for sales, we pay a commission to MA, that is very fair. A smart person will know how to profit for his sales in AH, he doesnt need to worry on AH fee :)

One could make it into a package deal and include premium (live) support, as I suggested to MA in person in 2010.

Personally, I think shops are time burdens and I have to run through malls or shops to seek an item. I hate it.

You throw it on auction with a 'buy out" I am there.

My time is not wasted on 2 ped up or down price.nor am I that bored to shop.

Is just my opinion and convenience.

Personally, I think shops are time burdens and I have to run through malls or shops to seek an item. I hate it.

You throw it on auction with a 'buy out" I am there.

My time is not wasted on 2 ped up or down price.nor am I that bored to shop.

Is just my opinion and convenience.
I love shops: you can list your products cheaper, and if they don't sell, you don't have to pay

I hate shops: going to check every single shop to find that one item you are looking for, brings me to the edge of headaches and nausea.

Perhaps we could, as has been suggested a long time ago:
add a 'shops' category to auction, where u can see everything that has been listed in shops. (or list these in a different color in auction, in the same category as regular auction items.)
You then can either go pick it up yourself, or have it delivered for a small fee.
This way the shop system stays intact, it has its benefits over auction.
And the accessibility problem and item finding issues is solved as well.

why remove AH fee? there is no need for that, we place items in AH for sales, we pay a commission to MA, that is very fair. A smart person will know how to profit for his sales in AH, he doesnt need to worry on AH fee :)
AH feee system is really bad designed. it is based on the MU part
so... for high MU items of common use (Damage enhancers) impact of AH fee is over 10% .
that is simply WEIRD because it is an extra tax of about 0.08% on hunters (on volume cycled and normal break rate) let's say to round it another 0.10% of losses to hunt

a more fair price to AH would be
a fixed amount of 1% on the REAL TRANSACTION AMOUNT with no charge if the sale fails, and removal of the limit of slots.
furthermore, centralized auction, anomymized traders (it is pretty annoying to receive personal messages asking for a price cut, it is AH, take it or leave it, direct trade is different
this with stacking on same price all peoiple involved would create fluid market, more cycling, more commissions.
Shops are a relic of the past and cimply need to be linked to the AH mixing prices with same of the AH ones, and reduced commissions
a shop visitor can go to choose all the different armors (example) or buy at best price on teh ah
with this system it is for sure "Best exevution" like in regulated markets, everyone can sell ALL offers and pick best.

on cyrene there is Lysterium at 133%, oil at 115% as an example, it is nanofood at calypso.......
crafter could craft everything on everyplanet
also a centralized STORAGE with no slot limit is needed. and a SEARCH in it
i must not be forced to see on website where i put my xxxx ... having all items immediately available means more craftign, more cycling, no downtime, more money for MA....

Their marketing manager should read forums, there are plenty of ideas m, and he can be paid just to take best from community
we know what we want to swipe our visas.........

AH feee system is really bad designed. it is based on the MU part
so... for high MU items of common use (Damage enhancers) impact of AH fee is over 10% .
that is simply WEIRD because it is an extra tax of about 0.08% on hunters (on volume cycled and normal break rate) let's say to round it another 0.10% of losses to hunt

a more fair price to AH would be
a fixed amount of 1% on the REAL TRANSACTION AMOUNT with no charge if the sale fails, and removal of the limit of slots.
furthermore, centralized auction, anomymized traders (it is pretty annoying to receive personal messages asking for a price cut, it is AH, take it or leave it, direct trade is different
this with stacking on same price all peoiple involved would create fluid market, more cycling, more commissions.
Shops are a relic of the past and cimply need to be linked to the AH mixing prices with same of the AH ones, and reduced commissions
a shop visitor can go to choose all the different armors (example) or buy at best price on teh ah
with this system it is for sure "Best exevution" like in regulated markets, everyone can sell ALL offers and pick best.

on cyrene there is Lysterium at 133%, oil at 115% as an example, it is nanofood at calypso.......
crafter could craft everything on everyplanet
also a centralized STORAGE with no slot limit is needed. and a SEARCH in it
i must not be forced to see on website where i put my xxxx ... having all items immediately available means more craftign, more cycling, no downtime, more money for MA....

Their marketing manager should read forums, there are plenty of ideas m, and he can be paid just to take best from community
we know what we want to swipe our visas.........
Yeah the minimum fee has to be decreased, paying 50 pec on something that only has 101% MU or less is ridiculous. Fixed 1% might be too low for MA's liking, but fee should have a better scaling system that isn't as harsh for high MU stackables. Also, there is a reason for fee up front and not when the stuff sells, its to prevent people from listing stuff at absurd prices with no repercussions.

Last edited:
Why should we pay mindark to resolve a problem that they have designed to be inconvenient?
Because they didn't design it to be inconvenient. They designed it to make money without concern about it being inconvenient. Companies tend not to give up established income sources for speculative improvements. This is why I propose changing the way money is collected to one I see as more conducive to growth in a society that has come to see subscriptions as a normal and often preferable alternative to being billed per use.

This real issue about economy down in EU (ubers leaving, many ppl selling shops and assets) is that MA is not able to attract affluent new players, on the contrary MA attracts a lot of FTP players who are only here to sweat and fruit picking, they are not the key contributors of EU economy (no offence). As i mentioned many many times, MA needs to come up with a SOLID marketing campaign to draw in lots of affluent players, period.

I have submitted some marketing plans to MA CEO, hope they are considering and working on it, cheers~
I don't think marketing is the answer. I came back to a noob account last migration and have since spent enough to probably fall into the class of players you would like to attract. As a person from your target demographic, I can say my biggest concern is being able to offload goods. Unless you're just picturing a scenario in which you continue to bring in new people and bleed them for what they're worth, before they quit. Marketing would be a good enough solution if that is the only goal. To me, marketing comes after fixing the things that makes people leave. Patching a hole in a bucket should always come before trying to fill it up.

Bonus from paying a monthly not being a thing is exactly what keep this game going.
To an extent there many players who I wish I could have their gears and they may have paid an extra sure, but that player peds/$ give him the exact same market power. He just deposited more for his/her licking. Items bound to your account is already something a bit weird in a RCE. The RCE kinda get thrown imo with monthly sub bonus because not all $ or peds end carrying the same value as the one with sub get more out of his value. each strongbox is 1$/10p. It may not always be what we like in it but it's 10p per.

Back