Suggestion: Premium AH service

I dislike the idea of linking shops to AH. It severely limits the ability of the owner to find a unique role to fill in their shop and would devalue them more than removing auction fees ever could. I'm not a shop owner though so maybe I misunderstand how they operate

Bonus from paying a monthly not being a thing is exactly what keep this game going.
To an extent there many players who I wish I could have their gears and they may have paid an extra sure, but that player peds/$ give him the exact same market power. He just deposited more for his/her licking. Items bound to your account is already something a bit weird in a RCE. The RCE kinda get thrown imo with monthly sub bonus because not all $ or peds end carrying the same value as the one with sub get more out of his value. each strongbox is 1$/10p. It may not always be what we like in it but it's 10p per.
Would you feel better if you paid ped or even oils/nanocubes to an npc as a repeatable mission?

Would you feel better if you paid ped or even oils/nanocubes to an npc as a repeatable mission?
the payout is the same for everyone so thats not the same at all. Thats what I mean, if everyone can get the same for $ spent. Then it's legit. It's getting the extra for a monthly. If you buy uni ammo or boxes. ITs 10p/1$. In game, each of those 10p are worth the same use to everyone because there no "premium spending tab" that you purchase for a monthly.

As far as paying for repeatable missions. I do a lot of those on cyrene. Repeatable daily and 48 hours. Hand out TT value and get reward.

the payout is the same for everyone so thats not the same at all. Thats what I mean, if everyone can get the same for $ spent. Then it's legit. It's getting the extra for a monthly. If you buy uni ammo or boxes. ITs 10p/1$. In game, each of those 10p are worth the same use to everyone because there no "premium spending tab" that you purchase for a monthly.

As far as paying for repeatable missions. I do a lot of those on cyrene. Repeatable daily and 48 hours. Hand out TT value and get reward.
What about something like mission Galactica where the tt taken is way more than tt given?

Doesnt matter. Thats pretty much every activity in EU including those cyrene missions I do. What matter as far as balance is that if you put 1$ or 10000$. What you get is a exchange rate of 1$:10p and that each players have the same power with their limited or too many peds while using the engine. If everyone get 5p reward for a mission it doesnt matter if it cost 10p to complete. Everything like that in EU. Its just the MU that cover extra value and someone pay that somewhere.(bit of all of us tbh..)

Doesnt matter. Thats pretty much every activity in EU including those cyrene missions I do. What matter as far as balance is that if you put 1$ or 10000$. What you get is a exchange rate of 1$:10p and that each players have the same power with their limited or too many peds while using the engine. If everyone get 5p reward for a mission it doesnt matter if it cost 10p to complete. Everything like that in EU. Its just the MU that cover extra value and someone pay that somewhere.(bit of all of us tbh..)
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. Mission Galactica is a hand in mission where you are directly giving tt value away for a perk. Many other great perks things are hidden behind similar costly missions. Turning this perk into a repeatable hand in mission doesn't seem any different to me honestly. If the entire premise of the game wasn't to give you less back than you gave, I would see the problem, but they already break your logic with other missions and webshop items. Skill pills are a buyable advantage, but nobody is bringing that up.

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say. Mission Galactica is a hand in mission where you are directly giving tt value away for a perk. Many other great perks things are hidden behind similar costly missions. Turning this perk into a repeatable hand in mission doesn't seem any different to me honestly. If the entire premise of the game wasn't to give you less back than you gave, I would see the problem, but they already break your logic with other missions and webshop items. Skill pills are a buyable advantage, but nobody is bringing that up.
Surprising that you cant see the difference. In 1 hand you can have 2 players do the same thing with the galactica result and TT for TT they get the same result. Be it the sweater that took years to farm it or the guy who just depoed, paid MU for mats and did the mission. This isnt the case at all with monthly, I know it, you know it and I dunno what is not to get. If a PREMIUM mean anything it's that. Get a unfair advantage.

What you want is a freemium. Which is a fake free to play game.

Freemium​

Freemium, a portmanteau of the words "free" and "premium", is a pricing strategy by which a basic product or service is provided free of charge, but money (a premium) is charged for additional features, services, or virtual (online) or physical (offline) goods that expand the functionality of the free version of the software.
Freemium games are often designed in a manner where players who are not actively using premium features are actively frustrated, delayed or require much larger investments in time required to acquire currency or upgrades.
In short, freemium only mean one thing. Give the full access to monthly payer and punish the non monthly by giving them less features.
I dunno what to tell you aside that it's the worse business model for a RCE.

Let's take just 1 freemium that doesnt have RCE but lot of trading!
Path Of Exile! In path of exile there are curency that stack(Over 200 types!!), There are armor sets which account for hundreds of items, uniques which account for hundreds as well, very good rares and so on... In Path Of Exile you get 4 stash slot by default with the reality that 4 stash pages arnt enough even for finishing the story. In the end the people who have 20-30-40 pages are the one who buy stuff cheap from people trying to clear space because of only 4 stash page in order to make space for more valuable items while the one stacking the items for cheap because he has so much space is drying the market to make sure he can sell those items 3 times, 4 times and sometime 30-50 times more at a later time. This value translate into anything in that game. As people do early game and do not need to do crafting, they end with too much of that currency which fill their storage and force it to be sold cheap to then ahve to buy it back when they are at that phase. In the end a freemuim game is all it is. The illusion of getting better at the cost while in fact it's just the game that restrict everyone else.
A monthly premium is just the worse idea there could be for a RCE.

I don't think marketing is the answer. I came back to a noob account last migration and have since spent enough to probably fall into the class of players you would like to attract. As a person from your target demographic, I can say my biggest concern is being able to offload goods. Unless you're just picturing a scenario in which you continue to bring in new people and bleed them for what they're worth, before they quit. Marketing would be a good enough solution if that is the only goal. To me, marketing comes after fixing the things that makes people leave. Patching a hole in a bucket should always come before trying to fill it up.
Hi mate good day. I guess u have no idea what i meant by "affluent" players, the money which they "contributed" everyday is not what the average players can supply to EU economy. If u think spending few hundreds USD a day = "affluent" players, u are way off the track.

MA needs to advertise and promote this game in other game platforms which have tons of affluent players. Many gamers actually spent more money on mobile games as compared to PC game platform. If MA can do cross-platform promotion with other game companies (with successful profit records on certain games), it will definitely help to inject more cash into here and economy will improve.

Also MA can look into collaboration with Crypto gaming platforms (example WomPlay), can try to advertise/promote our EU game in this Crypto game platforms and let gamers earn some free crypto and this players will be able to inject this free cryptos into EU to buy peds, its a win/win strategy. As more people are investing in cryptos nowadays, MA can ride the wave and take advantage of it.

MA needs to realize that without uber players (huge spending each day), the downstream products and services (guns, food, clothings etc) will be affected, thats the bottomline.

Cheers and have a good Thursday.

Surprising that you cant see the difference. In 1 hand you can have 2 players do the same thing with the galactica result and TT for TT they get the same result. Be it the sweater that took years to farm it or the guy who just depoed, paid MU for mats and did the mission. This isnt the case at all with monthly, I know it, you know it and I dunno what is not to get. If a PREMIUM mean anything it's that. Get a unfair advantage.

What you want is a freemium. Which is a fake free to play game.

Freemium​

In short, freemium only mean one thing. Give the full access to monthly payer and punish the non monthly by giving them less features.
I dunno what to tell you aside that it's the worse business model for a RCE.

Let's take just 1 freemium that doesnt have RCE but lot of trading!
Path Of Exile! In path of exile there are curency that stack(Over 200 types!!), There are armor sets which account for hundreds of items, uniques which account for hundreds as well, very good rares and so on... In Path Of Exile you get 4 stash slot by default with the reality that 4 stash pages arnt enough even for finishing the story. In the end the people who have 20-30-40 pages are the one who buy stuff cheap from people trying to clear space because of only 4 stash page in order to make space for more valuable items while the one stacking the items for cheap because he has so much space is drying the market to make sure he can sell those items 3 times, 4 times and sometime 30-50 times more at a later time. This value translate into anything in that game. As people do early game and do not need to do crafting, they end with too much of that currency which fill their storage and force it to be sold cheap to then ahve to buy it back when they are at that phase. In the end a freemuim game is all it is. The illusion of getting better at the cost while in fact it's just the game that restrict everyone else.
A monthly premium is just the worse idea there could be for a RCE.
You say I know it, but I honestly have no idea... Everybody that does the thing gets the same benefit as everybody else that does the thing. If the cost of the thing is more than the benefit to you then you wouldn't do the thing. I'm not sure what relevance PoE has to a RCE game where everything is decaying or has a fee. Real money decay and fees. Not all games with trading have the same fundamentals in their economy. Different games will have different play styles and those play styles will decide what moves the economy and how.

Hi mate good day. I guess u have no idea what i meant by "affluent" players, the money which they "contributed" everyday is not what the average players can supply to EU economy. If u think spending few hundreds USD a day = "affluent" players, u are way off the track.

MA needs to advertise and promote this game in other game platforms which have tons of affluent players. Many gamers actually spent more money on mobile games as compared to PC game platform. If MA can do cross-platform promotion with other game companies (with successful profit records on certain games), it will definitely help to inject more cash into here and economy will improve.

Also MA can look into collaboration with Crypto gaming platforms (example WomPlay), can try to advertise/promote our EU game in this Crypto game platforms and let gamers earn some free crypto and this players will be able to inject this free cryptos into EU to buy peds, its a win/win strategy. As more people are investing in cryptos nowadays, MA can ride the wave and take advantage of it.

MA needs to realize that without uber players (huge spending each day), the downstream products and services (guns, food, clothings etc) will be affected, thats the bottomline.

Cheers and have a good Thursday.
No I pretty well understood what you meant by "affluent" and it could still apply to me if I thought this game was a good place to put that kind of money. I find it interesting that you think a couple hundred dollars a day isn't sufficient though. $100 a day with a (generous) 95% return is still $5 a day. $150 per month for that player. This seems like it would be more than sufficient if they could retain players like that. Crypto idea is interesting, but that's a side of things I won't pretend to know about.

No I pretty well understood what you meant by "affluent" and it could still apply to me if I thought this game was a good place to put that kind of money. I find it interesting that you think a couple hundred dollars a day isn't sufficient though. $100 a day with a (generous) 95% return is still $5 a day. $150 per month for that player. This seems like it would be more than sufficient if they could retain players like that. Crypto idea is interesting, but that's a side of things I won't pretend to know about.
My friend, spending a few hundred USD a day (not recycling, actual spending, total lost) is consider average player here, ubers are spending (not recycling) way more than that amount per day. why do u think ubers can hit 200k peds HOF? U can only obtain that kind of HOF/ATH when u deposit astronomical amount of USD, not just spending few hundreds USD per day, please wake up. I am done explaining here, cheers and stay safe.

P.S. Affluent = SUPER RICH (not just rich)
Spending 60k peds to buy a Quad Equus is not an affluent player.
Spending 100k peds to buy a Restoration Chip Modified is not an affluent player.
Spending 30k peds to buy a shop is not an affluent player.
Spending 80k peds to buy a pathfinder is not an affluent player.
Holding 500k units of caly shares is not an affluent player.
Affluent players are those that do not need to worry about squeezing that trigger on a uber gun continously for 12 hrs a day (spending) , am talking the fcking uber rich, not the average people. That should explain clearly to you, thank you.

My friend, spending a few hundred USD a day (not recycling, actual spending, total lost) is consider average player here, ubers are spending (not recycling) way more than that amount per day. why do u think ubers can hit 200k peds HOF? U can only obtain that kind of HOF/ATH when u deposit astronomical amount of USD, not just spending few hundreds USD per day, please wake up. I am done explaining here, cheers and stay safe.

P.S. Affluent = SUPER RICH (not just rich)
Spending 60k peds to buy a Quad Equus is not an affluent player.
Spending 100k peds to buy a Restoration Chip Modified is not an affluent player.
Spending 30k peds to buy a shop is not an affluent player.
Spending 80k peds to buy a pathfinder is not an affluent player.
Holding 500k units of caly shares is not an affluent player.
Affluent players are those that do not need to worry about squeezing that trigger on a uber gun continously for 12 hrs a day (spending) , am talking the fcking uber rich, not the average people. That should explain clearly to you, thank you.
Oh I see the confusion. I was thinking affluent and you were thinking a whole sugar daddy for MA. My mistake and yes if you can find a few people willing to put more $ in than MA is worth, it would probably have a positive effect on the economy for a while.

If the cost of the thing is more than the benefit to you then you wouldn't do the thing.
Once you said that, I understand what you refer to. Dont you realise that a subscription mean that non subscriber get less for the same money ?
Thats all I been saying. As soon as you do that, you create exactly what you mention that you do not like.

I'm not sure what relevance PoE has to a RCE game where everything is decaying or has a fee. Real money decay and fees. Not all games with trading have the same fundamentals in their economy. Different games will have different play styles and those play styles will decide what moves the economy and how.
Because we talk about a freemium model and the impact on economy. Path of exile having a very interesting trade system and economic design without gold and only materials that can vary in MU based on a quantity/demand ratio make it a perfect exemple on how they make sure people who keep buying stash get them filled so that the free players get a lesser experience.

Back