News: Preview of Upcoming Interface Changes

wtf man, if you spent as long browsing this thread as you did typing your reply you'd have noticed it is postponed because of UE5!

No need to develop a new UI only to have it scrapped 1-2 years later because of a whole new game engine.

I rather have the devs spend time on the new game engine than learning something new about the old one.

also... Shitty modern graphics? lol

game engine CryEngine2 is way over a decade old xD

yea my bad i just saw that new engine thing news but it also means that my journey with entropia ends because i wont be able to run the game anymore in the unreal5 engine :/

yea my bad i just saw that new engine thing news but it also means that my journey with entropia ends because i wont be able to run the game anymore in the unreal5 engine :/
The update probably won't come for a few years if we're being realistic - so plenty of time to upgrade/find a solution in the future :)

ive got a second hand $200 PC which runs the game more than good enough on medium/high settings.

I think you can manage to upgrade yours in a few years time.

Time to upgrade the windows 95, its 2022
dude im not that poor, i already use windows 2000! yea i know freakin scifi!

but damn im sure i need something better than a 200$ pc to run a game with unreal5 engine and make it playable/enjoyable

atm i can still enjoy the spacepart of the game but the groundgame is almost not playable for me with that low fps and playing with all settings on lowest isnt really enjoyable because i still have strong fps drops (depends on the area and how much stuff is around and going on + the game looks even more worse)

would be cool if we had the option to play with the very old graphics that would help xDD (some kind of classic client, or classic option in the graphic settings)
i dont really play the game for its graphics thats why the unreal5 update isnt really anything for me or worth to buy a new pc (my opinion)

Last edited:
dude im not that poor, i already use windows 2000! yea i know freakin scifi!

but damn im sure i need something better than a 200$ pc to run a game with unreal5 engine and make it playable/enjoyable

atm i can still enjoy the spacepart of the game but the groundgame is almost not playable for me with that low fps and playing with all settings on lowest isnt really enjoyable because i still have strong fps drops (depends on the area and how much stuff is around and going on + the game looks even more worse)

would be cool if we had the option to play with the very old graphics that would help xDD (some kind of classic client, or classic option in the graphic settings)
i dont really play the game for its graphics thats why the unreal5 update isnt really anything for me or worth to buy a new pc (my opinion)
Thats unfortunate mate i hope you sort something out so you can enjoy the game more

It's also very good possible that UE5 version run better then current CE2 version, but that all depends on a good implementation.
How did you come to that conclusion ?
An angine that came out about 15 years which was never implemented fully with all the bells and whistles and an engine made for current hardware (which no one can buy because there is none available unless for the price of a kidney) is not really something one can compare.
If one is running some halfway decent hardware (lets say 5 years old) CE2 is a joke and UE5 is challenging. A lot of people will prably be more in the "older hardare" range, so for them CE2 is already challenging and most of UE5 is not even supported by their hardware (aka next mass exodus because the game suxx if one can not even play it at at 720p).
C2 upgrade showed us that quite a lot would rather leave than upgrade their hardware, and the impmentation was rather rudimentary (and still is).
UE5 will not magically improve your graphics and performance if you do not have the hardware. It will not make your 5 year old notebook be able to make it suddenly run EU at 4k rather than 720p. And even with a 3 year old high end system the chance to run it in 4k are rather slim.
Don't hope too much.
Without availble hardware at an affordable price most will not really see any difference.

Back