Previous player now feeling n000b

HappyHead

Old
Society
Freelancer
Sammyboy HappyHead Reeed
Hi all

I have had a 2 year break from entropia and recently started reexploring calypso. I used to play alot and knew my way around. Now however, I feel kinda like a stranger in entropia. So if you want to help with some basic info I would greatly appreciate it.

Much have obviously changed, everything look diffferent. Lots of roads, harder to find hunting terrain I think, vechicles and whatnot. Hey, even new planet(s). Missions available, sounds fun.

So, why doesn't my teleport chip work anymore?

What's with the tier system, I can upgrade my stuff after I unlock "tiers"?

I can't seem to be able to sweat anymore?

Anyone know where I can find lots of young berycleds?

Thanks in advance!

2 year break is a long time.

The sweating issue: Today sweating works with a tool, check your inventory there you will find the VSE Mark I, that is used for sweatig

About the changed landscape, well there are some good maps around. You may check entopedia.

Spawns is a good directory made by miners mafia, and most locations can be found in entropedia, too.

Mining spots: Use search function, here in the forum there is a nice list around.

TP chip doesn´t work?
Well with the VU10 your implant got moved to storage, you need to reimplant that, chip won´t work without implant.

Tir system, well there is enhancers available that could be attache onto tired items, its like amplifiers, but not with normal decay, it breaks by chance, so its relatively unpredictable how long an enhancer can be used untill it break.

Berycled spawn:
At swamp camp north of that little lake is a nice spawn Berry, mixed with young daki. The respawn rate is fast, so it is very good to hunt there.

welcome back. daily i feel like a noob because ma changed the landscape alot here.. heck i still haven't added all the new tps yet. goni answered all your questions so i don't have much to add.

kosmos

welcome back.

add one more thing: Now you can use auto tool by setting hot key from library. It will help you a lot from mining, sweating or even hunting big mob with tiny gun :D

welcome back.

add one more thing: Now you can use auto tool by setting hot key from library. It will help you a lot from mining, sweating or even hunting big mob with tiny gun :D
that auto tool is really extremely useful :)

@HappyHead: yes the landscape has changed completely. Don't even consider going to check Hadesheim booths :D

welcome back.

Welcome back! Enjoy re-getting all those TP's that you previously had too, gives you chance to enjoy the new landscape.

:)

Thanks for all the replies!

Discovered how to sweat again, re-inserted my TP chip, had great fun re-exploring and getting TP's that I no longer had. Guess my Avatar "forgot" them ??:) Found many new ones, much less wilderness now it seems.

Mobs have much greater regeneration ratio now it seems, struggled to hunt feff/maffoids naked (fap brake made them heal too much).

Oh and I checked Hades, robot war was it?

I guess skilling has changed, need your thoughts :

I am currently at lvl37 laser pistoleer, goal is lvl 40 and coolness, any idea on time frame for this?

add one more thing: Now you can use auto tool by setting hot key from library.

How does this work? Please bear with me..

Heya,

I have a 2.5 year break (end of vu 8 to start of vu 11) and yeh took me a while to "get a grip" as it were. I'm still learning too!

Feel free to seek me out in game some time and I can maybe help out. Or how about trying the irc channel? Ask google.

Wistrel

I am currently at lvl37 laser pistoleer, goal is lvl 40 and coolness, any idea on time frame for this?

Ah well, that depends how much Ped you shoot through on an average day.

Anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months. :handgun:

Heya,

I have a 2.5 year break (end of vu 8 to start of vu 11) and yeh took me a while to "get a grip" as it were. I'm still learning too!

Feel free to seek me out in game some time and I can maybe help out. Or how about trying the irc channel? Ask google.

Wistrel

Ok now I'm curious, since so much have changed, is there a "search for whereabouts" so I can find avatars if they are online? Anyway, thanks ms, might run into you:)

As other said before me: Welcome back.

Hopefully you will enjoy exploring the new world. Lots of new things and also creatures to be seen.
There are new features you will enjoy...just don't try basejumping without parachute...that fun is over :p

EDIT: This was my most evil post since I entered on EF: n° 666 FTW:vampire:

Welcome back!!!!!!

Now go get all the 1934329842384 TPS, Buy all the new vehicles because they are just way cool, Go find all the mobs because just about every spawn has changed, Learn all the new weapons to include mounted ones because they are cool also, Go check out RT its kinda ok I guess. Hmmm im sure there is so much more to do on your to do list, but youll be ok :wtg:.

Buy a Valkarie Mk1 .. put some oil in it and you still will have change from your 100 ped.

Now you are ready to explore and rediscover the landscape .. have fun.

Bones

Back