Price and Armour set psychology.

Chazlow

Alpha
Society
Kaos
Chaz
I find the following interesting.

Ghost feet (UL)(M) are now around TT + 680+MU.

Nemesis feet (UL)(M) are trading around TT + 150MU down from an MU of around 250-300.

Neme have traded around 100 more over a decade, both around 800-900 trades.

The stats are similar - but not the same. I prefer Nemesis, even on an aesthetic basis.

However, people are prepared to pay tt+650 for foot guards simply to get a full armour set when they have a similar trade rarity to Neme - this also accounts for the drop rate imo - otherwise they would be traded to a greater extent.

Why has Neme foot guard MU dropped and ghost increased?

People are willing to pay such a high MU for a single ghost piece when you can currently buy over half a Neme set including foot guards for the same price or buy ghost and simply get Neme feet. :scratch2:

Ghost in the past always sucked because of its high decay so i dont know why anyone would pay so much for it :scratch2: You would be way better off buying the UL sets of armour like Tiger , their worth the MU (its pretty low) because they last and your getting better protection, over time the cost is probably (I havnt tested the eco of the statement) the same or better because your not paying for repairs on the ghost and protection isnt lost when item decays.

With southern fortress pricing the foot guards at 214%, it will take over 6 pairs of Ghost(L) foot guards worn to pieces to cover the MU on the UL ones. Which while hard for me to imagine, is probably a piece of cake for serious hunters, or no?

i got them somewhat cheaper 1 year ago or so, but mostly because i wanted it for the elec and cold protection. And because i wanted homogenous protection to estimate the damage variance better.

You're talking as if Ghost and Nemesis are the same thing. They're not the same thing. That's why they have different prices.

I have had the previledge to own a full set of ghost for the last year & I must say it was not a bad armour at all. It was great in teams against big mobs especially, the decay wasnt that bad compared to other sets like phantom. I dont know why ppl say ghost is just pants, but really phantom is even worse imo, so ghost always has a place for me. I was lucky in obtaining a seriously discounted pair of UL feet guards. Ghost is also completely different to Nemesis. I owned both so I'm sure I can tell the difference & give an opinion about it. Both armours were great to have, but nothing in my armour collection was as good as ghost for me. Not even martial as some pieces are at 200%, how is that eco? I really miss my ghost set now :(.

or maybe Boar (M) feet i currently have some in acu waiting for a happy buyer at BO +295 ;D

I wondered same when i was completing my ghost set. I was one of thous who bought feets for it for insane price just becourse i like complete things ( set in that case )

Ofc next move was to upgrade to nemesis, i was doing same mobs in it as with ghost but decay cost diference was so huge that i have justified 2x price for set very fast (ghost was like 700 peds, nemesis like 1300 peds then ). Ofc nemesis in my opinion looks much beter.

Today if someone is tired of paying insane ghost bills and dont have 500-600 peds more for nemesis he can try complete Zombie unL for ghost price. Just one less point of protection in categories but big diference in eco justify even paying bit more for zombie. Warning - Full unL zombie is hard to obtain, it needs maganite to craft and feets come from L bp only, completing my set took over year.

After all i sold ghost and keeped zombie and nemesis (rather for memories that real use atm ), at some level anything under jag/tiger is not enough.

Just get gremlin and be happy until you can deposit enough to buy supremacy. :) ;)

Markup on armor is always going to fluctuate a lot. Some see it as highly valuable. Others disagree. Some change their mind every other day on what armor is best for them at that time. Same goes for every other item in game really.

Just look at embra c1. About a year ago they were tt+1500. Nowadays they are tt+50. I TTed mine a while back since the high tt value on it was too much for my deposits to handle at the time. About a year ago I tted a full set of ghost, and I think some crafters do that regularly just to keep the prices from falling even further.

This is a game, not a stock market. Buy what you need and can afford and then use it. Every year as more participants become 18 and start getting new credit cards or get a lot more money on their student loans than they are really needing for college, some things will go up in prices as they overpay on things. It's a normal part of the economy and that impacts prices globally since the auction is what tells us what the prices are on things. As we get closer to Christmas and everyone is buying gifts for their family and friends irl, prices will go down as fewer folks are depositing.

Last edited:
Just get gremlin and be happy until you can deposit enough to buy supremacy. :) ;)

Markup on armor is always going to fluctuate a lot. Some see it as highly valuable. Others disagree. Some change their mind every other day on what armor is best for them at that time. Same goes for every other item in game really.

Just look at embra c1. About a year ago they were tt+1500. Nowadays they are tt+50. I TTed mine a while back since the high tt value on it was too much for my deposits to handle at the time. About a year ago I tted a full set of ghost, and I think some crafters do that regularly just to keep the prices from falling even further.

This is a game, not a stock market. Buy what you need and can afford and then use it. Every year as more participants become 18 and start getting new credit cards or get a lot more money on their student loans than they are really needing for college, some things will go up in prices as they overpay on things. It's a normal part of the economy and that impacts prices globally since the auction is what tells us what the prices are on things. As we get closer to Christmas and everyone is buying gifts for their family and friends irl, prices will go down as fewer folks are depositing.

Gremlin is da shiet works for everything.. proteron,fresq,leto,snable,troxie everything! ... not oculus stalker hehe

Gremlin is da shiet works for everything.. proteron,fresq,leto,snable,troxie everything! ... not oculus stalker hehe

thats why more eco is to have specific amor for evry of those mob you mentioned (armor + plates in some cases ).

Basicaly ppl using one universal armor on all mobs pay more for defence in long term than ppl who own few sets and change them depend on hunting conditions.

thats why more eco is to have specific amor for evry of those mob you mentioned (armor + plates in some cases ).

Basicaly ppl using one universal armor on all mobs pay more for defence in long term than ppl who own few sets and change them depend on hunting conditions.

well he mobs i mentioned gremlin is pretty tailored for them :p maybe not troxie but i can only kill OA eitherway so no need getting anything higher since prowl would still kick my ass and for ocu or thor i could get polaris or tbird for almost tt but i never hunt them eitherway

grem is kick ass on CP too.. and for levi sure i could go goblin but would take me years to waste the small diffrence in decay between them inorder to justify buying a goblin set now that they almost stoped droping

and for robos i just use bodyguard and 6A

thats whyhaving ingame hundreds of plates and armor sets combinations is so beautifull and beter than just lets say 3 kind of armors ( for mobs, robots and PK f.e.)

Alot off sets out there, foots is done from rare L bps... even if just 2-3% realy whant the ghost foots to have a full set.. then we have prices like this.

P.S. ghost and nemesis are 2 totaly diffrent things. Ghost is way better overall armor then nemesis ever will be.

More than 1 year ago, there were a lot of phantom foot guards at around +200ped (with ghost ones always at high price), and I onwned a pair myself with my ghost..
well, when I sold the set a few months later, you can't imagine how hard was selling them for +200, when ghost feet were selling at +600

Back