Prices of hangars considering China deal

Art Ludgren

Guardian
Society
TKoC
Art Ludgren
My thoughts on hangars and flying considering the China deal. ( my removed reply in a hangar sale thread said I should put these thoughts in this forum)

prediction: price of hangars will go up until after Chinese planet(s) are installed and we get details of flight to other planets, then price of hangars will drop.

Considering that all ships have hangars on Caylpso, will they have hangars for the Calypso ships on the new planets? I think not. They could have hangars like on CND and CP but I believe that this will not be the case either. I think that they will make a small number of landing pads available for "foreign ships" on each planet.

Considering the parties involved ( read party) I cannot believe that they would allow "their" people to be in a position to have to pay others for transport. My prediction is that the Chinese planets will have it's own hangars and IF other pilots are allowed to land on the Chinese planet(s) it will I think be limited to pads like those at the malls ( chuggs, twin, pa) on Calypso. I believe that the mall pads on Calypso were put on ( in addition to the twin pads, chuggs pads, etc) to facilitate pilots from other planets landing on Calypso.

I do not think that the Chinese planet will increase business for the Caypso pilots. ( Not to mention, who wants to land on a planet of 7 million noobs and try to sell tickets!! Not to mention learning pinying for "press the hud button")

So based on all of this I think that hangars will shoot up before China deal rolls out and "normalize" ( crash ) after China deal VU is deployed.

Other possibilities:

IF MA obsoletes all hangars in preparation of China deal and makes ONE centralized spaceport with adequate guest hangars for ships from other planets, I think hangars will only drop slightly. I say this because pilots, regardless of their hangar location will fly the best routes, so if the hangar is on Calypso but the pilot can fly from a guest hangar on CND to a guest hangar on Chinese planet and make more peds, that is what they will do.

IF MA creates NO new hangars in the Universe, and the Chinese become dependent on Calypso pilots to get around in space, hangar prices will skyrocket. Of course the possibility of the Chinese allowing their players to be victimized in that way is ZERO.

I think the BEST solution for EU is if MA made centralized spaceports on each planet and made your list of destinations be, your hangar, spaceport on whichever planet, CND, CP, etc. so you can choose your hangar or spaceport for landing.

Art

I think the space port is the way MA will go.
The hangar will be obsolete and removed due to the fact that they are mere parkinglots for the ship.

Building spaceports that works like the stables do for animals would make mainaining a shop easy and convenient.
You can call up your ship from any port by use of the ship deed.
This could benifit pilots in the way that 1 pilot could return with 4 other pilots whithout them all needing to fly their own ships back from wherever they parking them.
It would also make travel more efficient as people always knew where to go to find a ride.
If i want to fly, i go to the airport, find a pilot and board the craft.
No more running to distant located hangars.

Ok, this is my vision for the flying industry.
I don't own a ship...yet, but if i did, this is how i would like it to be.

So, for the prize of hangars, we will soon be talking about the prizes of the ships instead.
This is a bit tricky to predict.
We will be needing an entire fleet of ships to accomodate all new destinations and those ships needs to be introduced in some shape or form.
We might even be seeing new types of ships.
Maybe personal 1 seaters or whatever.
Theese might be put on auction by MA, they might be the finished products by crafters.
We just don't know.

Last edited:
buying a hanger now and basing the value on the Chinese news is making a highly speculative purchase. you'd be better off with a 100/1 horse in the Derby. we just dont know anything. 100 planets will need more hangers than currently available so there will be more released. how many? will supply meet demand? will they be sold by auction or by ballot? what will they cost? will there still be hangers or will there be spaceships and landing bays? who knows, probably not even MA.

only value hangers on the current and known revenue streams, discount the Chinese news completly. (actually this applys to anything really).

(deleted, doubbleposted)

there are so many things that can go wrong here that i was too afraid to keep my hangar. im not saying the only way it will go for hangar owners is down, it could end up being an investment that pays off 10fold (every other estate deed has so far (TI, CND, LA, Mall, prolly bank). but i just can't see how it will be beneficial to own a hangar when purchased at such a high price. i've believed this since it happened: the boom on hangars happened way to soon. people were paying inflated prices in advance in hope that their investment will pay off when the change occours. its just that people don't know what kind of change will take place, so they're literaly just roling a big die with their money. this is only my belief. the way it should have worked is that the price should have stayed steadily at ~50-60k (whatever the price was before frank mentioned space), and rose at the normal inflation lvls, and then when the new plannet was implemented, the price would either explode or plummet.

if the hangar value was still ~50k, it wouldn't be so bad, but with the potential of more hangars being released, its a long drop from ~90k+ so i quit while i was ahead.

zammy,
watching from the sidelines..

<Stuff deleted>

zammy,
watching from the sidelines..

Ahh I forgot!!!! I had ended MY post on Gen's Hangar sale with that!!! Thanks for reminding me!!

Art Also watching from the sidelines, peds in hand.

I think MA is looking a bit too far ahead when announcing those planets. EU is nowhere ready for the content that latest press release describes and it will be a long time before the EU population increases, much less explodes. We're talking 2-3 years from now? And 5 more years before EU's active population hits 100,000, much less 5 million.

There will be a lot more hangars to fly around the chinese so i think the prices on hangar will drop

just doing some math though... i sold my hangers... but really thinking of buying a hanger back...

50 peds profit or so per flight at current desination of CND...
5 round trips in 24 hours... (have done 3 in 1 hour once when no one was one)

about 500 peds profit daily... 50 X 10 flights (5 round trips)

Land area... depending on mobs is like 250-400,000 peds...
a crap land area might make 0-25 peds a day...

at only 100k peds for hanger... seems you could pay it off...in 200 days... if you work hard... according to my experience.. i personally dont have the will power to do this though... 200 days maybe ambitious but definatly 1 year you could pay off the hanger...

so with the space expantion.. and such.. i cant see a reason for hangers to increase in value even more based on LA prices...

i can see either LAs coming down in value or Hangers going up... to bridge the large gap...

I agree that speculation is fun - but buying a hangar based on that speculation could be dangerous.

First, there is no evidence that the current hangar/shuttle system will be used to travel to the Chinese planet. Crystal Palace has a TP down. MA may sell a 'warp speed shuttle line' on auction to some player.

Second, we don't know how long it will be until the planets are connected via some sort of travel. Maybe the first day - probably not. It stands to reason that whatever flight system is used on the Chinese planet will take at least year to incorporate. That puts the first flight mid-2009 at the earliest.

Third, the price to travel may be very expensive. If it cost 40 PED in fuel and decay to travel to a asteroid orbiting Calypso - how much to travel to another planet? 100 PED? 200 PED? I'm not sure how many people would fly on a regular basis at the 100 PED level.

Fourth, you must realize that the Chinese planet could be lost forever if the Chinese gov't deems it unsafe or unsuitable. While it is true that MA said their current systems match well with Beijing's requirements, the Chinese gov't can decide at any time that Entropia China (EC) is dangerous for Chinese youth.

I think there is a lot of risk. That being said, MA tends to protect those that spend big dollars in game. I would have said that buying an IMP Fap was a risky move 2 years ago. I would have been very wrong.

I think sitting on the sidelines with Zammy is the best place to be.. MA has made a deal with China. As we all know, China has alot of people, and alot of money.
After the press release of ND buying the space station and the on-sluaght of new accounts made MA the biggest bulk off us MA can. As a business the goal is to grow and make more money, so sometimes you need to brush aside the small money maker to make room for the new larger one.

With that said, I think MA is going to burn us all. You hanger owners are going to get hit due to many more chinese owned hangers. whether or not MA adds in spaceports or guest pads, I believe it will not be as wonderful as you all hope. MA will do what makes MA money before what makes you ped. And this China deal is going to make MA ALOT of money, China will get special treament to make this deal happen. remember it took them a year to make the deal wich means both sides are looking to profit dearly from this.

China will have their own ships, China ships will carry more passengers. Very few new ships will be offered to present Entropians and at a high auction price. you will have to pay a docking fees to land on other planets. And anything else that you can think of that will make MA and the chinese money. prestent day ships will be good for CP and CND runs only.

I'd also like to add. it won't be just the ships that china gets.. alot of new great items will be theirs first as well. China will be the new bigger Warants.

Remeber in a world that has a population of about 6.6 billion people, China is 1.3 billion of that

Therefore I wager there will be a bankrupting price drop in hangers after china VU..

The very first planet that is created by China will be for Real Life commerce.....

Given that, exactly what do they need hangars for?

It absolutely amazes me to see people still thinking that the China areas will be anything like Calypso when EVERY interview and article published about it says otherwise....

:scratch2:

Back