Problems with account.entropiauniverse.com & support

Support doesn't use 2FA in order to support problems with 2FA
Actually, when entering through a web browser, logging into your account, it does. The only way to submit a ticket is to start the process from within the game.

But there is no reason to have the webserver and game server the same

I really don't see how this has anything to do with what I said?

Let me clarify even further:

I think that Mindark has an issue with people polling the "my-items"-page on the account page, probably due to how it's implemented. They tried to resolve this with throttling, which in turn broke the 2fa.

This is just a guess, based on the changes to the captcha, the constant attempts to rewrite the functionality of the my-items page as well as the timing of the problem occurance.

I think what they're currently trying to do is throttle it by snapshotting the items, and returning that snapshot instead of trying to return it realtime. I think this is the right way to go. Next step would be to provide an API-route that is properly throttled to said snapshot (so people wouldn't attempt to poll it constantly)

However, all of this would be void if MA just provided us with proper means of handling this clientside, with, say logging important events in chat-log?

EDIT: removed some salt

Last edited:

Something to read whilst you wait to login (unlikely to be this weekend, lets face it)

If you were around 2 years ago, do you still have the same opinion?

i do no know all this technicals stuff api api routes and i dont care about apis what i want know is why neither of the 2 ''community managers'' can no even post like say hi i passed this on

Same issue here... 5 days
Hope they'll wake up :rolleyes:

DRM

Damn you MA, they are not prioritizing this as Major Severity 1 incident. Its they who get the biggest loss, keeping players from spending...
A week went by and I its a second weekend when I want to use web shop, but unable due MA doing nothing.

I think that Mindark has an issue with people polling the "my-items"-page on the account page, probably due to how it's implemented. They tried to resolve this with throttling, which in turn broke the 2fa.

This is just a guess, based on the changes to the captcha, the constant attempts to rewrite the functionality of the my-items page as well as the timing of the problem occurance.

I think what they're currently trying to do is throttle it by snapshotting the items, and returning that snapshot instead of trying to return it realtime. I think this is the right way to go. Next step would be to provide an API-route that is properly throttled to said snapshot (so people wouldn't attempt to poll it constantly)

However, all of this would be void if MA just provided us with proper means of handling this clientside, with, say logging important events in chat-log?

Thanks for the removing the salt. It was a genuine misunderstanding. I thought your reference to getting item info referred to how slow the game is at downloading and displaying items in the inventory pages, hence the comment on separate systems. I hadn't appreciated that people were hammering the my items web page though.

Out of interest, how come? I've very rarely visited that page myself. In fact I've only done it every few years or so for use with one of the old tools that would give you an evaluation on your inventory if you copy pasted the info from the page in. Been so long now since I did it, I've actually forgotten what the tool was called! I think it might have been part of one of the auction trackers... heck I can't even remember what those sites were called either! XD

So I'm guessing there is some new tool available that hammers that page for some reason? Can you enlighten me on what that might be and what use it is?

The chat log does record quite a decent amount of stuff. I don't know about items looted though. I personally use the loot window (old school here) so I never get a written record of what comes out, but I think if you use a different mode it might print text, and possibly this might come out in the chat log? Dunno, not tried.

Interested to hear more about this anyhow

Cheers
Wistrel

Actually, when entering through a web browser, logging into your account, it does. The only way to submit a ticket is to start the process from within the game.

Oh maaaan... seriously? Words cannot describe how lame that is (needing to be in game before having access to the support system... that is browser based).

It's possible I see something different due to being a GC user. I do get asked to add 2 numbers together though when logging in via the web (more a captcha than 2FA). Indeed though, didn't check if I could start a new ticket from there though... sounds like maybe I can't.... I'm sure we could in the past... guess it went with the "fully in game" support nerf.

Sigh

Wistrel

Lot to say here, but I will just say this: unrelated systems.

Something to read whilst you wait to login (unlikely to be this weekend, lets face it)

If you were around 2 years ago, do you still have the same opinion?

Mega, your confirmation bias will not work here. You discount the fact that the GC folks had to go through this a few times on their own while the Entropia Pocket 2FA users worked just fine over the last couple of years. The issue here is not the new technology (that is not decades old and more flexible), it is Mindark's lack of support and development agility. This is something that needs addressed if they wish to salvage any momentum they have acquired this year. It looks absolutely pathetic from the outside and to new players, as echoed in the EU discord. At the very minimum, an official statement that keeps the player base informed instead of being treated as customers that are taken for granted is imperative.

They say it is fixed, but it is not.

2020-09-05 20:12 You wrote:

I am not alone with this problem, please check the following forums for many more complaints with the same issue of "not being able to make purchases on the webshop."

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/webshop-down.276865/2020-09-07 11:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

We have had issues with this but it is solved now, so try again.

Yours sincerely,
Entropia Universe Support

this is not resolved.

Clearly some folks failed to test

Tried using VPN to make purchases, failed.

Tried using VPN to make purchases, failed.
Don't do their job for them. You'll get locked out and have more of a problem getting unlocked.

This is awful.

I just completed a 2FA purchase on Webshop, maybe it is fixed?

2FA is fixed. Item page is reworked. Does not prompt for 2FA either but will render nothing at the moment until you force the 2FA. This raises some questions.

I have just bought some Strongbox keys from the webshop. (y)

Fixed now, woohoo!

I can also verify that it appears to be working now ... ty mind ark (y):cool:

also to the silly people who were using programs or whatever to track things and spam the items list every 25sec or whatever lol...
plz dont do that ... use things responsibly ;)

have fun

JJ :cool:

After todays update maintenance, getting 2FA "Bad Code" message again....anyone else get the same? This is only on the website, can use 2FA to get into the game just fine.....

Last edited:
seems fine for me i just tested items list, webshop, depo etc.. didnt go thru with any purchase atm but im not getting any bad codes or anything like that
tested on firefox 80.0.1(64bit)

Back