Project Hunter set

Ranyard

Old Alpha
Society
Shaolin
Ranyard Rany Ranyhyn
Well it seems as my peds have dried up until after the first of the year. So I says to myself...."self, what are you gonna do now to pass time wile off school for the winter break?" btw my winter break will last until after the first of the year.

I got to thinking that I might as well sweat to earn some peds. Then while browsing the forum to pass time I saw the 100k sweat thread. It gave me an idea of a way to pass time and maybe make a few ped and get myself a sweet looking set of armor.

So here it is. I'm going to sweat mobs that drop Hunter pieces. After they are dry I'll kill and hope to get a good start on a full set. The guidlines I'm going to follow are this, Sweat and collect untill I either:

1) get a full set of Hunter
2) collect 60k of sweat ( this should buy me the full set but hope that I only need to buy a few pieces)
3) end up on January 4, 2009 having hit neither goal I will stop as I should have $ to depo and get back to "real" hunting.

The only thing I'm going to keep track of is sweat amount per day and Hunter pieces looted.

The first mob I'm working on is Snarksnot as they can drop 4 of the seven pieces. For killing I'm going to use a ep-17 ME I picked up for a decent price, no amps as I don't have any. also I have axe 2.0 and honor if the need calls. I've also got a III Focus chip I'll be using to help the sweating.

so off I go!!!!

Sweat collected: 43490

armor pieces collected:Arms, Thighs

Last edited:
Well it seems as my peds have dried up until after the first of the year. So I says to myself...."self, what are you gonna do now to pass time wile off school for the winter break?" btw my winter break will last until after the first of the year.

I got to thinking that I might as well sweat to earn some peds. Then while browsing the forum to pass time I saw the 100k sweat thread. It gave me an idea of a way to pass time and maybe make a few ped and get myself a sweet looking set of armor.

So here it is. I'm going to sweat mobs that drop Hunter pieces. After they are dry I'll kill and hope to get a good start on a full set. The guidlines I'm going to follow are this, Sweat and collect untill I either:

1) get a full set of Hunter
2) collect 60k of sweat ( this should buy me the full set but hope that I only need to buy a few pieces)
3) end up on January 4, 2009 having hit neither goal I will stop as I should have $ to depo and get back to "real" hunting.

The only thing I'm going to keep track of is sweat amount per day and Hunter pieces looted.

The first mob I'm working on is Snarksnot as they can drop 4 of the seven pieces. For killing I'm going to use a ep-17 ME I picked up for a decent price, no amps as I don't have any. also I have axe 2.0 and honor if the need calls. I've also got a III Focus chip I'll be using to help the sweating.

so off I go!!!!

Good luck man! Let us know what u looted .)

Best of luck in your noble project :) Hope you manage to do it... or maybe MA just feels nice and drops you a 2kPED Snark (seen one a few days back) with all the Hunter pieces Snarks drop :D Keep the faith!:yay:

PS: Not to discourage you... but i slayed some thousand snarks... never looted any hunter piece, or even a tiny global...

PS: Not to discourage you... but i slayed some thousand snarks... never looted any hunter piece, or even a tiny global...

I looted a female shin today, was a little miffed that it wasn't male,

Good luck, great mission :)

I've looted 4 pieces of my Hunter set, but I'm still missing Face, Harness and Thighs.

You should be able to get Shin, Feet and Gloves from the Snarks without too much trouble. When you've got those I would move on to the Tripudion for Arms. It'll be much easier to get those than it will be to get the Harness, if my experience is anything to go by. The Thighs are notoriously hard to get (at least partly because of poor Mourner spawns).

When I was gathering my now sold hunter set, when there was thighs and face left to get and auction was dry of them, I said to socmate "I might aswell go and loot my thighs from mourner" and on that very one hunt I did loot them :D

I looted most of my hunter on auctioneer ^^ But snark is not a bad choice, I looted several hunter parts from them (including boots). GL! And yeah, it's nice armor, one of my favourite sets.

Good luck with the thighs, I recently gave up & bought some which was a real blow to the old ped card :(
If you can, get a Formidon team together for the face although this may take a while too.

Good luck Ranyard, I hope you manage on option 1 but I suspect option 3 is more likely. By the way, option 2 is to collect 60k sweat, what about all the stuff you loot, is that included in the money you need to buy the armour? or is it to be sold to finance more ammo (and decay)?
You didn't mention faping either, but I assume you will be doing that. Keep us posted in how it goes.

Day 1

collected 2114 sweat, nothing even close to interesting as far as loot goes

Good luck Ranyard, I hope you manage on option 1 but I suspect option 3 is more likely. By the way, option 2 is to collect 60k sweat, what about all the stuff you loot, is that included in the money you need to buy the armour? or is it to be sold to finance more ammo (and decay)?
You didn't mention faping either, but I assume you will be doing that. Keep us posted in how it goes.

yes the extra loot will go to finance the decay and ammo, also I didn't mention any big loots because honestly I don't expect to get any. its thanksgiving day here so i might not get much time to play, but we'll see!!

Nice project
All the best from a society mate :)

BTW I have Hunter f shins, advanced stone extracter, and mourner leather on auction that would help fund this project if someone were to buy them

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Day 2

short day with all the turkey and ham eating.

sweat gathered: 3024
armor: none
loots: so so

GL with this, I looted female and male boots off of snarksnots few months back :)

Sorry, but why you need hunter armours ? :scratch2:
What are you gonna hunt after you complete your hunter set ? :scratch2:

Why not a ghost project instead of hunter ?

With hunter +5B it is easy to hunt smaller troxies (in my case I hunted with 2A :p) and with 6A it is very good for drones up to gen 6 or so (or with 3B up to gen 4). And also it has very low decay (compared to ghost for instance).

And most importantly...GREEN IS COOL:D

I love my Hunter set :) 1st started collecting it as a fashion armour, but now most of my grinding is done on Ithaca troxies with Hunter +2a. The alphas are too much me in it but everything else is fair game. I also like it W Troy +6As on any drones and warriors up to gen05, I suppose it all depends on your skills and other equipment. The saving on decay is lovely.
(& btw ghost is crafted)

I already have a set of ghost less the feet of course. So I wanted to do something that felt more like a goal rather than just sweating for 5 weeks. As such geting the Hunter set fit right into my plans since the snark can drop decent loot, already got hunter shin f and a kobold harness m that I'll keep.

also it looks like the 60k sweat should be no problem since I've got over 3k in about a third of the "normal" play time I will have each day. So I might up that total number, depending on if I get any hunter drops from the snark.

ps thanks for all the encouragement !!

I have a feeling that you are going to be very, very rich with sweat. When you get a face, I will be a happy to take it off your hands for cheap ;)

gl with it, soc mate just finished looting a hunter set not sure if u could do it in your time frame but who knows.

Day 3

again a day of limited sweating/killing. had rl things come up, but was still a decent day for sweat.

sweat gathered: 4047
armor: none
loots: massively crappy

tomorrows another day. and I think if I do a full day, I might get somewhere between 9k and 10k sweat.

Day 4

well another day of almost zero loot. the bank is slowly fading. I kinda had hoped that the loots would help fund this project but seems MA had other ideas. oh well

sweat gathered: 2772 (actual number was 4172 but used 1400 to make ME)
hunter looted: zipzilchnotta
loot: sucked real bad

Last edited:
If nothing else your thread has encouraged me to try and complete my Gnome armour set. I went hunting Foul for three days running and got my Gnome thighs. Now I am hunting Snarg and hoping for Gnome Facm ask (then I will ahve a complete set). No luck on the Snarg yet, buy I did get a global yesterday (and also killed an annoying snablesnot female which gave me three pieces of Pixie lol)

Hope you get some armour soon, you need some encouragement.

Good luck mate... Youve made me what to go hunt some snarksnots now :)

And i shall

Gl socmate it's always funnier to kill lower lvl with a goal when your cash card is empty rather than just slaughtering small mob with lower weapon :rolleyes:

And i nearly completed my kobold armor with that king of project :wtg:

And with all those ubber snark those days u'll maybe have more luck than us killing trox :D

Day 5

Crap day for loot again

Sweat gathered: 3514
hunter: notta
loot: like shit

I really need to loot some hunter or at least get some decent loot, getting kinda po'd at the "dynamics" of this "game"

Last edited:
On a side note: It is possible to do this, will take some time tho :)

I made it! Still got my full Hunter's Set in storage as well :)

Day 6

again mostly nothing in the loot window, Oh well

sweat gathered:4532
loot: poor poor poor

Day 6

again mostly nothing in the loot window, Oh well

sweat gathered:4532
loot: poor poor poor

What area are you hunting the Snarks in?

i think i have looted a total of 4 or 5 hunter pieces in my days (4+years) and do have a full set, hard to beat the awesomeness of hunter imho :p

gl on your quest :)

Back