Proposal: BAHQ vs PK CK event

Status
John how about you come and join us at the rig and at LGs for a week and then make proposals for a pk event and rules between cK-socs and BA-socs?

Btw i dont see the necessity to make an event like that, because THE GAME IS ON 24/7, its already happening! But i am all in for filling the pk lootpool with event prizes, because the ratio between money won and money spent in pk events and at the rig is about 1/80 for me. Sooo many nibs to shoot!:laugh:

John how about you come and join us at the rig and at LGs for a week and then make proposals for a pk event and rules between cK-socs and BA-socs?

Btw i dont see the necessity to make an event like that, because THE GAME IS ON 24/7, its already happening! But i am all in for filling the pk lootpool with event prizes, because the ratio between money won and money spent in pk events and at the rig is about 1/80 for me. Sooo many nibs to shoot!:laugh:

Parlog why don't you {removed} stop whining about a fun event John thought up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call me old fashioned. A highly desired, may the best side win, shake hands, "good game" honorable contest WITHOUT all the trash talk. Is that so so hard to ask for?

Really?

Awww pvp trash talk is fun JC....remember how much fun all had in RS thread and only 72 deleted posts in total...Cmon son, let the stubble grow, chew some tobacco and spit it on the sidewalk, head tilted from under the dirty mod sheriff hat, keeping one eye on the dirt-bags, like u used to with us ;) Yer too trigger happy in here lol

Oops wrong place..move this to their soc thread :D

Last edited:
JC, you hope for too much from this event. cK and BA have been at war for years now, and it isn't going to end because you make and event.

Do the event, sure, but I'm telling you now it will not change anything. :wise:

PKing is not about peace, it is about conflict!

I love the smell of hatred that exists in this post :handgun::rocket:

:vampire:

I missed all the good posts apparently. :confused:

JC, you hope for too much from this event. cK and BA have been at war for years now, and it isn't going to end because you make and event.

Btw i dont see the necessity to make an event like that, because THE GAME IS ON 24/7, its already happening!

As I've already told some friends in PMs, I'm not niave enough to expect rainbows, doves w/ branches, and two socs with some suddend newfound respect for each other. I get that's not gonna happen.

However, I've recently had to deal w/ an increase in forum issues w/ these groups (do NOT start pointing fingers and saying "they started it". It doesn't matter.) and I had a thought. Something that others might enjoy as well.

I figured PKers already spend plenty of their own money, and with even less expectation of returns than most players. And frankly, weekly landgrabs and X deaths/day at the rig simply doesn't interest folks. I was willing to spend my own money to make the event, pay for the prizes, etc. in an effort to entertain a lot of folks. I'm in the process of arranging so the event would be viewable live via video like trance already mentioned. Then folks not in the game could watch, root for their "team" and enjoy. (Lemons, meet juicer.)

But as of yet, I've had no contact from either side. That based on other information leads me to beleive certain key figures have no interest in this. So seems my idea's a bust. Not the first time. Unlikely to be the last.

No, I did not expect a miracle. What I hoped for at best was what this game is supposed to offer: Entertainment.

Foudil, Does BA are new soc ? Why they call Art of War for fight against pK CK ? :eyecrazy:
we have 100k skill average, who want help the BAHQ ? they only have 250k for average !

I think JC's idea is great. We WOULD however have to have 1 extra ticket handed out..... to whom you ask? Well someone with a stream who could stream the event live so the rest of us Entropians could watch!

In FACT.... I think an event like this should be run every 3 mths or so between the two SOC's. PVP rivalry is carried out on the forums for the majority of the time.... it really is an aspect of the game that gets forgotten by many Entropians and a "live" streaming of an event like this would be like a big ball game for EU.

Menace

Call me old fashioned. A highly desired, may the best side win, shake hands, "good game" honorable contest WITHOUT all the trash talk. Is that so so hard to ask for?

Really?

No.

I'm quite disappointed with the way this thread has gone, I don't really get involved with PvP, but people must take part because they enjoy it. I also know most of these guys are mostly sensible men on the other side of the screen. I also (perhaps naively) thought it was all taken in good humor.

It would have been fun to see this happen, and of course I would have offered my services as :cheer: BAHQ Cheerleader:cheer:

lol :silly2:

But anyway, the personal insults should be kept out of the forum.

Lot's of stuff Menace agree's with......

But anyway, the personal insults should be kept out of the forum.

Problem is.... on the internet there is ALWAYS excessive trash talk. Let's face it.... it's very easy for many people to talk shit on the internet. I hear it EVERY single day. Real life is so quiet and peacefull.... then I login to EU or respective forums and I'm surrounded by 1000's of my wife's clones on PMS. Trash talk will ALWAYS happen.... I would like to see the "We lost cuz they cheated" talk stop. People WILL cheat... especially in a RCE of ANY kind. That being said, looking at things from outside the box, I think I'd rather lose to a cheater than get beat because of my lack of skills. Therefore there's no real point in PUBLICLY pointing fingers. (That can be done through other ways.... in the case of EU.... screenies and support cases.)

Menace

I think we should have an event where everyone else pk's and we, cK and BAHQ (+AOW +Experia +Black Sun +etc), get to watch. :popcorn:

Well, maybe by posting my initial rules setup, folks might have a better idea of how I'd prefer to do this.

PVP event rules:

• Event: Most PVP Points*
  • Date/time: TBD***
  • Length: 30 minutes
  • # players/team: 7
  • Weapons allowed: All
  • Healing allowed: All
  • Armor allowed: All
  • Mindforce allowed: All
  • Vehicles allowed: NONE
  • Min. Rep required to play: 1

Prizes:
1st place: 100 ped looted directly from me in lootable PVP
2nd place: 50 ped looted directly from me in lootable PVP
3rd place: 25 ped looted directly from me in lootable PVP

That's the ingame preset rules I can set up. The rest of the rules are honor-bound. (Though the fact that the prizes and honors are not automatically given, and based on my referee decision may help.)

• Game is open only to current members of BAHQ and CK families.
  • No "ringers" (person added to soc list just for this event.)
  • Both teams must give me a roster prior to event.
  • The roster must be numbered, 1-7, #1 is captain, the rest in strongest to weakest order.
  • Other team will NOT know the members, nor order of the other teams roster. (Minus the Captains of course)
  • I will arrange to give each person on lists 1 ticket each for the event.
  • If someone NOT on the roster (or part of my referee/filming crew) registers for the event, that side forfeits completely.
  • If someone fails to show when game begins, the corresponding number on the other team must remove themselves. (I.E. If BAHQ #3 fails to show, CK #3 must sit out.)
  • If the missing member arrives late, they can only enter if their counterpart does.
  • If a Captain does not participate, that team forfeits.
  • If anyone kills me or referee/filming crew, that person must leave the event immediately, or team forfeits. Regardless of outcome, they are ineligible for prizes.
  • If player is ejected from game due to rule breaking, the other team does NOT lose any member.
  • If anyone kills me or referee/filming crew, close to the end just to get last minute points, team forfeits.
  • No shooting through walls, invincible bug, nor any other cheating. If referees find this happens, team forfeits.
  • Winners will be allowed to post "Yippie! We won" type-posts in the appropriate threads (NOT soc recruiting threads and such)
  • Neither winners nor losers will be allowed to make insulting remarks. Forum bans will be administered for this. (Under excessive breaking of rules 2.2 - Insults/Flaming & 2.3 - Personal Disputes)
  • Those banned for this will NOT be allowed to participate should I do this again.
  • John Teacher Capital has final say on all judgement.

*Most PVP Points: For those that don't know, this event means each kill of the same ava gives 1/2 the previous points. (I.E. death 1 = 1,600 points. Death 2 = 800, then 400, etc.) Min. 1 point/death.

**Location: I would prefer Zychion since it's perfect for small PVP events, but its a hub of the current robot invasion. (Not sure if folks might get pissed about getting kicked out for 30 minutes.) We could use PVP Castles, but we'd have to agree to keep the fight mostly within a certain predefined area. Most likely outside the castles, on the grounds.

***Date/time: Most likely a Saturday

That's pretty much how I'd like to set up this game. I'm sure the socs have some recommendations we could all try to agree upon.

Why do i miss all the fun?

OK, CK has contacted me and seems to be putting their team together.

Couple of changes in the proposed rules:

• The roster must be numbered, 1-7, #1 is captain, the rest in strongest to weakest order.
Strike the underlined part. The list does NOT have to be in any rank. Simply that team captain is #1, and the rest of the team can be in any order whatever.

Also the satnav will not be disabled. Radar will be active during the event.

For the record, these changes are my own choices. So far no one has made any rule change requests save one. It was suggested by someone (NOT from BAHQ or CK) that a 30 min. match may be too short. However, having done a few of these contests already, I can tell you that an hour of active PVP is very tiring. Also with only 14 players 1/2 tryign to kil the other, the PVP points will drop to 1/kill very quickly. I think 30 minutes is fine.

I can tell you that an hour of active PVP is very tiring. Also with only 14 players 1/2 tryign to kil the other, the PVP points will drop to 1/kill very quickly. I think 30 minutes is fine.

You should consider using a killcount for each team via reading the chatlogs afterwards intead of using the eventsystem.

Because if your going for killpoints only you will hand the victory to the soc who has the "worst shooters" since teamkills will give you more points once the enemy team stopped giving good ammount of points.

You should consider using a killcount for each team via reading the chatlogs afterwards intead of using the eventsystem.

Because if your going for killpoints only you will hand the victory to the soc who has the "worst shooters" since teamkills will give you more points once the enemy team stopped giving good ammount of points.

That's an idea, but will be up to the team captains to decide on.

Oh and in terms of time frame, if the players would prefer to wait until after the current robot war or not is also up to them to decide.

Hi John

We are also getting a team together we are just waiting for one or two to log in to confirm.

Either our captain or his admin representative will contact you in the next day or so.

Del

Good to hear. :)

As I said before, both sides please do NOT post your final roster on this thread, or in public. Please PM them to me. And besides Captain being #1, the rest of the list is in no special order.

I would propose a rule of not using weapons that are obviously from outside the society, for example MOD DAR.

Of course I'm sure some in BAHQ in the comp will have mod/imp faps that they normally do not, but that would be kind of tough debate.

cK has this yo!

I would propose a rule of not using weapons that are obviously from outside the society, for example MOD DAR.

Of course I'm sure some in BAHQ in the comp will have mod/imp faps that they normally do not, but that would be kind of tough debate.

you're telling me that this team ck will not be used mod or imp fap?
you afraid of a fight balanced?
I would like to see foudil not use that mod FAP which is what always kept her ass safe :laugh:

I would like to see foudil not use that mod FAP which is what always kept her ass safe :laugh:

It's about items that aren't owned in soc.. reading comprehension

im pretty sure we have a MOD DAR in BAHQ soc somewhere, we just chose never to share it with you :wise:

...:ahh:

Reactions: EMW

My point was it won't be indicative of the pk strength of the soc if participants are showing up with gear that is not theirs, especially not even from in their soc.

I did say that mod/imp fap would be hard to debate, unlike Mod DAR, D&M Terminator, etc.

And if you want it to be "balanced", then you would make everyone use the same gear.

Anyway, I think no matter what, while it should be entertaining, I don't think it will mean all that much, especially if some people aren't interested in participating.

Status
Back