Protest Against Excessive Transport Fees

No sane persons does the pilot job for free you know and what we earned on a good day was comparable to a McDonalds Front Desk Halftime Jober Wage, really nothing to brag about.

So... you paid HOW MUCH for a virtual business that pays the same as a minimum wage job... on a good day?!? :scratch2:

IMO the Hangar system was/is/will continue to be a horrendous idea.... Pilots (business owners) making travelers (customers) wait for hours to get somewhere in a game so they don't lose money is just shit business... not only for the pilots, but for MA and all the Planet Partners as well.

So... you paid HOW MUCH for a virtual business that pays the same as a minimum wage job... on a good day?!? :scratch2:

IMO the Hangar system was/is/will continue to be a horrendous idea.... Pilots (business owners) making travelers (customers) wait for hours to get somewhere in a game so they don't lose money is just shit business... not only for the pilots, but for MA and all the Planet Partners as well.

me? I paid with a flawless reputation and a perfect loyality towards my hangar owner! I paid my rents in time, i made many customers happy, left most others at least content. If there were any problems i paid with quick and cheap solutions and the other 3% who couldnt be made content ever, because their look on the world was always as negative as possible i paid with a middle finger!

me? I paid with a flawless reputation and a perfect loyality towards my hangar owner!

Ahhh... so you don't even OWN a hangar.

'nuf said.

'nuf said.

uhm i said a hundred times before but okay, yes thats right i am not a hangar owner

Last edited:

'nuf said.

uhm i said a hundred times before but okay, yes thats right i am not a hangar owner

but to give you an idea. Book paid 30k ped for the first hangar, the one i was pilot for was purchased for 170k and i think the most expensive hangar ever sold went for 210k ped.

sit back and grab a red bull :tongue2: :shots:

and the other 3% who couldnt be made content ever, because their look on the world was always as negative as possible i paid with a middle finger!

If you ever ran a RL business you would learn you cannot possibly please everyone, and giving the finger to those difficult to please folks.. well that only destroys your own reputation.

I'm looking forward to only using rogue pilots in the future ;)

Competition keeps prices fair.

you have no idea how nice and gently i can give the middle finger:laugh:

Hi,

guess we can agree that the old system (hangars, pilot line, hours of waiting) was a complete failure. It just didn't work as intended and created a load of anger. Well, a few earned themselves a golden nose, but most ppl just saw it as a nuisance.

Hangar owners get refunded now, for sitting around. Did people that invested money into the taming system get refunded? Did people that invested into the beauty system get refunded? Did tailors get refunded when suddenly any colonist got stuffed with caps and shades and other "cloth stuff"? Did colorers get refunded when suddenly their stash got devaluated? Did people got refunded whose once valuable UL gear lost a lot of its value die to the invention of similar, cheap L gear?

I'd say, make an end of this, MA!
Stop paying more to the hangar owners, they have received enough now. Have them wait for a new meaning of their virtual property like all the other participants that got screwed!

And kill this stupid fees. A planet should prosper because of what it has to offer, not because of "Berlin walls" armed with high fees between the planets, prohibiting the participants to have a look of how life is elsewhere!

There should be fees for TP transportation between planets, yes. They are necessary to keep the different economies apart, to allow each planet to develop an economy of its own. They create the job of an "interplanetary trader", when done correctly with planet specific resources, BP's and items.

But they should not be prohibitive as they are now (80 PED PC - RT and back), and they should not be payed in PED at the TP. Make tickets available in the TT, one way, round trip, to the different planets. Give the planet partners the possibility to buy them, and distribute them of their own! TP would only work with a correct ticket carried.

So a planet partner could make a thread in his forum, where there's a question to answer. First 100 that gave the correct answer & a correct EU participant name would find a free one-way ticket in their backpack :)

Since we'll have quite some planets owned by the same company, and maybe planet partners cooperating, there could be tickets in loot. For sure, Planet A can only have tickets in Planet B's loot if Planet B agrees ...

For the hangar owners I'd have another idea:

Give them interstellar space ships instead, one or more, dependent of what they paid for their hangar. Make a few small asteroids, sell them to the planet partners - so any planet could buy a few of them. Make these asteroids about 4 - 5x as large as a large LA, with one safe zone in it. Make 'em PvP, and make 'em carry unique resources. Let these asteroids be only reachable with the interstellar space ships.
If possible, add a few space pirates (mobs), and let them ships fight (and loot) each other ...
Maybe add some mobs that resemble a high skilled PK to spice things up. So teams of Ubers would have a playground there, protecting their miner from the mobs and the PK's?

Such interstellar space ships (and their turrets, armor, boosters, whatever) would be L, and because of being made of the unique resources of these asteroids would have an immense MU. From each planet you could only reach the connected asteroids, but would to have to travel a certain time in a "common empty space" where space pirate npcs and thug participants would wait for you.

Sounds like fun, right?

What would we get?
  1. A new playground for our bored Ubers :)
  2. A way for Planet Partners to advertise their planet inside the EU.
  3. Cheaper travels for participants, and more possibilities to have a look on other planets.
  4. More fun, enjoyment and entertainment for all, as well as better profit for MA.

As we all know, unhappy people are reluctant to spent money for the thing that made them unhappy. A newcomer that signed for Planet X might find that this planet doesn't suit her needs at all, but might enjoy the game itself. She will not deposit to pay 40 PED to check out Planet Y that might maybe perfectly suit her desires, she will just leave. And tell all of her friends that EU isn't worth it, and that they better should stay clear of it.

When she'd find a cheap way to visit other places, maybe she'd actually find Planet Y where she'd be happy, and would stay, and would deposit? And would tell all her friends what a wonderful game this is?

Have fun!

PS: For sure my above ideas is a very rough design. There'll be failures. But maybe you'll understand the idea behind.

To keep new players away? Im not an ew player and i still don't have 80 ped to go to rocktropia? MARCO FIX THIS DAmn IT! YOU TAKE MY DAMN MONEY ON EVERY SINGLE HUNT! BEST RETURN I GET IS LIKE 5%? You should be sicken with yerself :mad:

Why post bullshit like this. If there was even a shread of evidence that you got 5% return on hunting then EU would die.
Stop spreading crap like this.

I agree with postfan the fee is to high and they shod be droped with 50%. And when the ships feature will come back hope they will low up the the fuell consumed, way in wich the transport ticket will be low.

Regards!

The fees are there so that hanger owners are compensated for their losses, I don't see the big deal in this as it is a decent sized fee to split up among the owners, if you don't like PAYING THE TP costs the just wait till the hangers are back to PAY THE HANGAR owners to take you there. Either way you're still going to pay something.

~Danimal

Dont worry ppl.
We have "advanced proffesions" like taming and mindforce.
MF users will create interplanetar hub wormholes open for hours - cheaper to use and in same time they will earn more than all spaceship owners together.
In the end MF users invested a lot more peds in their skills and chips as is market walue of spaceships.

Just for some big interplanetar lol .

The fees are there so that hanger owners are compensated for their losses

I guess there are x numbers of players who want to be compensated because of y bugs/missing systems/something else. I could make a quick check of my IRL bank account, how much I have deposited, and how much I have gotten back. I have probably during one year deposited the approx amount of the (old) price of a hangar.

If I pay 80 ped in TP fee, it's 100% deposited PEDs. I don't have any "cash cow" ingame that gives me money. I don't loot ESIs on a regular basis to cover my costs. I don't have any uber stuff to boost my eco, or any kind of estate that gives me daily taxes.

If there are going to be reimbursments, it imho shouldn't be blindly as it is now. One model, just assuming hangars would come back, would be that teh TP fees gets put into a sort of fund. Then, when hangars/spacechips are coming back, the hangar owners pay no decay (but they pay for oil), and the cost of decay is taken from the fund until fund is depleted (let's say MA in beginnin of each month tells how much is left of that fund and the no-decay will last to end of month when funds runs out). That way the active hangar owners, who uses oil from miners, gets rewarded, but the hangar owners who just have their hangars as investments, will not automatically get the TP fees. Or (more simply but would make some hangar owners mad) that the moey paid back is proportional to how much hangar was used in the past.

How would you think if taxes from land areas wasn't individual, depending on for instance price of DNA purchased and cost of maintenance, but when a player entered a land area he paid a 10 ped flat fee, and that fee would get distributed to *all* land areas irrespectively on acitvity/popularity? And how many people would enter a land area if there was a 10 ped flat fee? Would the 10 ped flat fee be the same for an explorer just wanting to get the land area on his map as it is to a hunter who are looking for easy merps, as it is to a high level hunter who are going for a day of proteron?

As for the ticket price being "negotiable": All later times I've flewn with a pilot line pilot, the price has been 25 ped. And with a line system, there is not much choice (unless you start to talk to next pilot inline, but if it works that way the current expensive first-in-line pilot would be a bottleneck in the system). (When I ask for a price, I want to know how much I have to pay. I don't want to get an "imaginary" price that is just a start price in a negotiation. If I asked a pilot "how will it cost to CND" and he says "25 ped", I won't say "too expensive" unless I really don't have more than 24 ped on card.)

Last edited:
Back