Purchase Custom Weapons/Tools from Mindark?

Akillie

Alpha
Society
sYnErGeN
Akilie Ray Docile
So lets say im a rich kid (i wish, im not even a kid) and im into this game and want a special weapon and am willing to pay alot for it. Do you think its a good idea. For example i want a weapon and solicit MA, we come to an agreement and i pay them 50K USD for it? It would be good for the company i think. How about a special modfap that does 250 Heals?, how much would you pay?

interesting post, this has actually been done before, I know of one person, and one custom weapon they 'ordered'.

however the item you have suggested is highly overpowered and would likely cause a large upset in the game, and of course if publically confirmed mindark are doing this, then there would be an uproar =)

so unofficially yes there is a possibility you can do this, but officially no :cool:

Tiering already exists.

I had a similar idea but why not just ask MA if you can use their gear? So all of MA's gear except the laser pistol Marco series ofc & all Pre-Gold items for 1447500 million ped? Things like Infiltrator Reworked should have a lifetime warranty & replacement feature; :laugh: you know one of the Pre-Gold is a mod-merc ancient which is the best one out of all the MM's. Could be fun to see if they would accept such a proposal of 1.4 mil ped for the best gear or for way more ped, which MA owns exclusively :). Few examples below

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Infiltrator_(L)_Reworked
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Shadow_Modified
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Teleportation&name=Teleport_Chip_Official

So lets say im a rich kid (i wish, im not even a kid) and im into this game and want a special weapon and am willing to pay alot for it. Do you think its a good idea. For example i want a weapon and solicit MA, we come to an agreement and i pay them 50K USD for it? It would be good for the company i think. How about a special modfap that does 250 Heals?, how much would you pay?

Why ask MA?

Just buy a ...

ModFAP
IMKII or MM
Suprem or Caramone

Not much that can beat this gear?

Well for events a uL XT would be fine aswell, although it needs to be high tir, or try to get a high tir Foe :)
But if you are really that rich you can afford to tir your MM, too

interesting post, this has actually been done before, I know of one person, and one custom weapon they 'ordered'.

however the item you have suggested is highly overpowered and would likely cause a large upset in the game, and of course if publically confirmed mindark are doing this, then there would be an uproar =)

so unofficially yes there is a possibility you can do this, but officially no :cool:

So what item was that?
Who bought it from MA?
How much did he/she pay for it?
What source you got this information from????

They can make an event and you would need to lose 1 M ped to get that prize, and that would make it fair for all people in game.

For example, have one more like Hydra. Make it have 10Million HP. Make it have regen so you need 300 people with XT tier 4-5 to shoot just to make HP go down. Make it so that you need 300 people need to shoot constantly for 10 hours. Make it so the damage/hit of that mob is 1k. Make it so the range of attak is 300M, so it can hit targets at radar edge, make it be like warrior elite.

Only way to kill it, is to have someone hire that many people shooting for that long with that big of a gun. And you are in team with some of them. You shoot, you loot, you pay them all to help killing that uber mob, and boom. You loot whatever crap item you ordered...

If they would add ordered items in such loot AND ANNOUNCE IT FOR ALL TO KNOW BEFORE IT STARTS THAT THAT ITEM WILL DROP it would be fair for all. Because you will still need to use all game mechanics to gain that item, and also you will need to have some knowledge of game and people already.

Ofc, if they are so desperate, I would rather have them selling custom mod faps to rich kids in auction, instead of going bankrupt and close the game for good...

Ofc, if they are so desperate, I would rather have them selling custom mod faps to rich kids in auction, instead of going bankrupt and close the game for good...

But people would whine and contemplate suicide cuz their current standard Mod Faps would drop in value. And THAT is the real reason why MA doesn't drop higher amounts of good shit! They can't afford to flip the bill if 10 of the highest skilled chipped and sold out today.

Menace

I don't like the idea much - game items should drop in loot windows or event prize windows. The value of the items are then set by the perceived worth the community ascribes to them.

I'm OK with MA selling land in auction, but items should be dropped in loot not sold with markup by MA. If that starts happening the RCE concept has failed imo.

They can make an event and you would need to lose 1 M ped to get that prize, and that would make it fair for all people in game.

For example, have one more like Hydra. Make it have 10Million HP. Make it have regen so you need 300 people with XT tier 4-5 to shoot just to make HP go down. Make it so that you need 300 people need to shoot constantly for 10 hours. Make it so the damage/hit of that mob is 1k. Make it so the range of attak is 300M, so it can hit targets at radar edge, make it be like warrior elite.

Only way to kill it, is to have someone hire that many people shooting for that long with that big of a gun. And you are in team with some of them. You shoot, you loot, you pay them all to help killing that uber mob, and boom. You loot whatever crap item you ordered...

If they would add ordered items in such loot AND ANNOUNCE IT FOR ALL TO KNOW BEFORE IT STARTS THAT THAT ITEM WILL DROP it would be fair for all. Because you will still need to use all game mechanics to gain that item, and also you will need to have some knowledge of game and people already.

This is a great example why crack is a bad thing kiddies:)

The only fair way to spread items through events is like they did with the CEF Events (footguards), using a CT at LA, and set win rule to highest single loot.
So everybody got a chance and not only those already owning all that UBER gear, or those that are already LVL80+ to be able to use a high tir XT.

BTW, if MA event manager would use this existing system a little more, they could spread items with TT value of 0, what wouldn´t cost them a dime.

what was the weapon?

Purchasing custom highlevel gear from the developer has successfully decimated many MMO games. Regular players just don't bother playing such games because all their efforts are rendered pointless.

It's a very bad idea.

.... But people would whine and contemplate suicide cuz their current standard Mod Faps would drop in value....
I'm OK with MA selling land in auction, ...

oH. It would be bad if Mod FAP lose value but it's ok for Outback Land Areas? :scratch:

On my side, I'd give few Mod FAP and/or Mod Merc. instead of OLA for Merry Mayhem rewards. Let's say, 5-6 each year and put 10 more in Auction for 2-3 years like MA did with OLA.

What you think about it?

Anyway ......

Purchasing custom highlevel gear from the developer has successfully decimated many MMO games. Regular players just don't bother playing such games because all their efforts are rendered pointless.

It's a very bad idea.

I don't like the idea much - game items should drop in loot windows or event prize windows. The value of the items are then set by the perceived worth the community ascribes to them.

I'm OK with MA selling land in auction, but items should be dropped in loot not sold with markup by MA. If that starts happening the RCE concept has failed imo.

What do I need to start killing or mining or crafting to loot a space station or 4 domes full of space bugs?

Just poking you Jimmy B .. took what you said literal.

oH. It would be bad if Mod FAP lose value but it's ok for Outback Land Areas? :scratch:

On my side, I'd give few Mod FAP and/or Mod Merc. instead of OLA for Merry Mayhem rewards. Let's say, 5-6 each year and put 10 more in Auction for 2-3 years like MA did with OLA.

What you think about it?

Anyway ......

That one is a nice idea, give away some of these items, during next mayhem event.
I can´t care less if those that sit on these items, lose in markup.
Others want such items, too and its comon knowledge that it won´t drop no matter what mob you camp.

Me and my Soc once had a LA, and due to issues inside we where forced to sell this LA, what was a huge loss for everyone involved. LA prices dropped 50% during the time we owned that LA :(

So its more than ok, if prices for MM, ModFAP, IMKII and other nice items drop as much, due to a bigger supply created by giveaway events like the mayhem.

That one is a nice idea, give away some of these items, during next mayhem event.
I can´t care less if those that sit on these items, lose in markup.
Others want such items, too and its comon knowledge that it won´t drop no matter what mob you camp.

Me and my Soc once had a LA, and due to issues inside we where forced to sell this LA, what was a huge loss for everyone involved. LA prices dropped 50% during the time we owned that LA :(

So its more than ok, if prices for MM, ModFAP, IMKII and other nice items drop as much, due to a bigger supply created by giveaway events like the mayhem.

MM, ModFAP, IMKII and other nice items would still be out of reach for the same 99% of people that they are now imo even if they droped by 50%

MM, ModFAP, IMKII and other nice items would still be out of reach for the same 99% of people that they are now imo even if they droped by 50%

Thats true, but 50% down in price would be good for those that think about buying one of these tools.
Well definately not me, still to expencive for my small RL income, but there are others that may have the money but even can´t buy it, as there is not enough available.

Think about the overall economy.
Asume there drop 10 ModFAP (next mayhem), what will result in a pricecrash 50% down.
10 people can buy a ModFAP at 100k PED (if the winners sell it!), and those 10 people deposit that 100k PED.
Very good for MA, as this is deposits MA needs, and very good for the overall economy, as these 100k PED very likely get cycled through next mayhem event (again), to get more nice items.

Lower prices on high end items, could be very good for MA, as more people can afford deposits that won´t buy them an new RL car!
As long the prices are that insane high, that average workers earn that amount of PED needed in a year, its very unlikely these average worker will ever deposit that amount of PEDs.
Speak he will never ever be able to own such a item, what may also lead to big frustration and then the final quit from those average workers. No more income for MA!

And there are a lot more average workers out there than the rich kids, who can afford to spent 20k USD for a single virtual item in a virtual world, where nothing is guranteed to keep its value.

Thats true, but 50% down in price would be good for those that think about buying one of these tools.
Well definately not me, still to expencive for my small RL income, but there are others that may have the money but even can´t buy it, as there is not enough available.

Think about the overall economy.
Asume there drop 10 ModFAP (next mayhem), what will result in a pricecrash 50% down.
10 people can buy a ModFAP at 100k PED (if the winners sell it!), and those 10 people deposit that 100k PED.
Very good for MA, as this is deposits MA needs, and very good for the overall economy, as these 100k PED very likely get cycled through next mayhem event (again), to get more nice items.

Lower prices on high end items, could be very good for MA, as more people can afford deposits that won´t buy them an new RL car!
As long the prices are that insane high, that average workers earn that amount of PED needed in a year, its very unlikely these average worker will ever deposit that amount of PEDs.
Speak he will never ever be able to own such a item, what may also lead to big frustration and then the final quit from those average workers. No more income for MA!

And there are a lot more average workers out there than the rich kids, who can afford to spent 20k USD for a single virtual item in a virtual world, where nothing is guranteed to keep its value.

i think you will find that most if not all mod anything is being brought not with deposited ped but ped being made ingame from hunting + inflation from there old gear they sell off imp faps or watever.

Doesn't anyone think how those 10 more mod faps and 10 more mod mercs will impact the economy in EU?
I'm talking here about the massive drop in price of looted L items, oils, wools, hides and other stuff from mobs?

The more items like these reach the system and especially reach the hardcore grinders the lower the overall markup in EU will be.

Those ppl will use these items to grind oils, wools, hides and most of all L stuff like weapons, armors and esi's to make a profit and justify their investment. A huge supply will be available on the market. Since the demand will not be increased then the price will automatically drop on everything looted from mobs.

How would an average hunter who's L equipment is 20-50% less eco then those uber items manage to survive when the overall markup of items looted will drop even more?

LA's offered as prize for events like Marry Mayhem doesn't impact the economy. They just add a new layer of taxation to the players on top of the existing MA's tax on loot.

Hehe ... propagated MU downfall ... interesting idea. I think I heard that somewhere else ...
Yeah it's bad . It is bad as it is now also. The item count was calculated with respect to
the number of players. To own several such items is to profit by clicking when enough experience
and skill are accumulated. Once you get there, the only thing you will be doing is trying to
do as much clicking as you can. The rest have to live with the mark-ups you are dictating.
That particular mistake still haunts the economy making bad-times be worse and good times
be average. There are plenty of ul great eco items and avatars with over 2-3 such items to
have EVERY MU mob camped continuously by at least 2 owners.

Doesn't anyone think how those 10 more mod faps and 10 more mod mercs will impact the economy in EU?
I'm talking here about the massive drop in price of looted L items, oils, wools, hides and other stuff from mobs?

The more items like these reach the system and especially reach the hardcore grinders the lower the overall markup in EU will be.

Those ppl will use these items to grind oils, wools, hides and most of all L stuff like weapons, armors and esi's to make a profit and justify their investment. A huge supply will be available on the market. Since the demand will not be increased then the price will automatically drop on everything looted from mobs.

How would an average hunter who's L equipment is 20-50% less eco then those uber items manage to survive when the overall markup of items looted will drop even more?

LA's offered as prize for events like Marry Mayhem doesn't impact the economy. They just add a new layer of taxation to the players on top of the existing MA's tax on loot.

Did I miss anyting???
All that crap, animal oils, wools, tiering components, L armors (T-Bird, Bear, Boar) are already TT food (markup 101-105%).
How can higher supply on those things impact the market? Many people already drop that directly into TT or click it away for skilling, with a loss, as the products are TT food aswell!

There are plenty of ul great eco items and avatars with over 2-3 such items to
have EVERY MU mob camped continuously by at least 2 owners.

Please name some !!!!
There is nothing L or uL Sib that offers as good eco as ModMerc or IMK2, not to speak of Mod/Imp FAP.

So please name any item that offers such a great eco at that DMG/sec, heal/sec !!!!

I don´t know any !!!

Did I miss anyting???
All that crap, animal oils, wools, tiering components, L armors (T-Bird, Bear, Boar) are already TT food (markup 101-105%).
How can higher supply on those things impact the market? Many people already drop that directly into TT or click it away for skilling, with a loss, as the products are TT food aswell!

Please name some !!!!
There is nothing L or uL Sib that offers as good eco as ModMerc or IMK2, not to speak of Mod/Imp FAP.

So please name any item that offers such a great eco at that DMG/sec, heal/sec !!!!

I don´t know any !!!

I was talking of UL great eco items. You named 3. There are many more. I'm not talking of the UL sibs here. Only several of these old ul items are comparable in terms of eco to the adj/imp/mod ones but fail in terms of dps. However, with enough skills you can do a pretty damn good job with them. Ofc you'll still miss the eco of a uber-fap, but you will be able to compete somehow ( but we're talking of lvl 101+ here ).
The maddox IV and the ewe 41 are some of the viable main weapons for a low budget player with 10/10. Yet he will not have the killspeed of the ubers so, he'll most likely stick to lower mobs or team-up.

Did I miss anyting???

If you consider 1-5% you get from all the crap you are talking about related to 1000 ped then indeed, it's not much.

When you consider 1-5% out of 130k-150k ped a hardcore player loots each month, you'll see it's quite a significant amount of money.

Besides, the L armors and weapons or ESI's you loot and you get 130%-160% or even 500% on them, did you ever stopped to calculate what % that markup represents out of total loot you get from a mob. You will be surprised that it's not much then 2-3%.

In fact looting each round 200-400 ped muscle oil and selling it for 110% it's just the same as looting each round an 100 ped tt weapon who sells for 140-150%.

I was talking of UL great eco items. You named 3. There are many more. I'm not talking of the UL sibs here. Only several of these old ul items are comparable in terms of eco to the adj/imp/mod ones but fail in terms of dps. However, with enough skills you can do a pretty damn good job with them. Ofc you'll still miss the eco of a uber-fap, but you will be able to compete somehow ( but we're talking of lvl 101+ here ).
The maddox IV and the ewe 41 are some of the viable main weapons for a low budget player with 10/10. Yet he will not have the killspeed of the ubers so, he'll most likely stick to lower mobs or team-up.

Are you joking?

IMK2 = 3,281 DMG/pec
MM = 3.043 DMG/pec
Madox 4 = 2,912 DMG/pec
Millitary = 2.874 DMG/pec

The difference in eco is significant, and HF hunting fast regen mobs (massive or even momoth helth) with Madox or Millitary. OK, IMK2 won´t be a good choice for that eather, but on mid level normal mobs, the IMKII offers way better eco!

The reason why these weapons are that expencive is this damn good eco, at an acceptable DMG/sec for bigger mobs.

To stand against a MM in an event, you need something like XT, what offes the great 2.849 DMG/pec and markup not counted in yet.

And then about the FAPs

Mod, SGA = 171 heal/pec
Mod = 160 heal/pec
Imp,SGA = 60.01 heal/pec
Imp = 60 heal/pec
Coovers Personal Nurse = 35,2 heal/pec
Adj = 25 heal/pec

next best in the list is UR225(L) with 10.4 heal/pec (markup not counted)
T15 adapted at 10.1 heal/pec

a shitload of different FAPs that offer 10.0 heal/pec

Where is this L or old style uL or any other FAP that comes even close to mod or imp ????
It simply doesn´t exist!
I would be very very happy to pay 600-1000% for a L fap that offers 150 heal/pec, but there is none !!!!!

Rich kids can buy their own planet; no need for fancy tool/weapons.

Where is this L or old style uL or any other FAP that comes even close to mod or imp ????
It simply doesn´t exist!
I would be very very happy to pay 600-1000% for a L fap that offers 150 heal/pec, but there is none !!!!!

you do realize that if a L fap was to drop offering 150 heal/pec you wont be paying 600-1000%

Are you joking?

IMK2 = 3,281 DMG/pec
MM = 3.043 DMG/pec

mod TR
mod mkIII
adj starkhov
mod starkhov
im 2870
etc

Madox 4 = 2,912 DMG/pec
Millitary = 2.874 DMG/pec

The difference in eco is significant, and HF hunting fast regen mobs (massive or even momoth helth) with Madox or Millitary. OK, IMK2 won´t be a good choice for that eather, but on mid level normal mobs, the IMKII offers way better eco!

quote :" The maddox IV and the ewe 41 are some of the viable main weapons for a low budget player with 10/10. Yet he will not have the killspeed of the ubers so, he'll most likely stick to lower mobs or team-up."

These 2 handguns have a certain nicer eco when amped. The eco gain is bigger than that of the mm and imk while amped, and they have a better eco than the ul sibs, while matching a dps of hl11 class. That is the medium current dps that allows you to hunt mobs up to chomper mature. And when you will have maxed them you'll be also capable of avoiding most of the damage that particular mob could inflict.
In time you'll gain more skill and peds and start "adjusting/improving/modifying" your gear.

The reason why these weapons are that expencive is this damn good eco, at an acceptable DMG/sec for bigger mobs.

To stand against a MM in an event, you need something like XT, what offes the great 2.849 DMG/pec and markup not counted in yet.

And then about the FAPs

Mod, SGA = 171 heal/pec
Mod = 160 heal/pec
Imp,SGA = 60.01 heal/pec
Imp = 60 heal/pec
Coovers Personal Nurse = 35,2 heal/pec
Adj = 25 heal/pec

next best in the list is UR225(L) with 10.4 heal/pec (markup not counted)
T15 adapted at 10.1 heal/pec

a shitload of different FAPs that offer 10.0 heal/pec

It simply doesn´t exist!

You don't have to "stand" before a MM. You haven't payed or skilled enough to be thinking about that. It's enough that you can "stand" against it in terms of dps with a damn p5a tier 10 :) - I'm not going to talk of adj/imp L carbines/rifles with tier 10 :) . I am talking of old guns that still offer a better eco than L's considering the L's will always have a mark-up. I agree that you don't have an option to reach the MM proficiency but you did not pay for one and you are most likely not going to. So, what's left there to do ? Tier your main weapon to be able to boost it every now and then ? Hell yeah ! I would tier the crap out of a maddox IV or delta . At least tier 5. Would I be happy with a 50%+ dps bonus on them ? Hell yeah ! Would i use all 5 damage enhancers ? Hell no ! But that's already far in the future. For now I'm more concerned with getting that 10/10.
There has already been done too much for the low levels in terms of attainable dps . It's time for a cooldown. Any more "tweaks" and we'll have no use for max weapon skills anymore.

PS: about the fap ... a few extra pecs won't kill a lvl 101 dmg ;) .

Rich kids can buy their own planet; no need for fancy tool/weapons.

Wrong, at least currently you cannot just buy a planet, you need to have a business plan around it... ok, a rich kid can also buy a team to make a businessplan... nevermind.

:D

What you think about it?

OLA is very different to mod fap. In essence when MA sell an OLA they sell the rights to some of their revenue stream. The taxes that are taken on that land could have been taken by MA instead. So I think they have a right to charge markup for OLAs.

Mod Fap is a game item. MA selling them, or other game items, would destroy the whole point of the RCE. It's hard enough to find anything decent in loot windows as it is...

OLA is very different to mod fap. In essence when MA sell an OLA they sell the rights to some of their revenue stream. The taxes that are taken on that land could have been taken by MA instead. So I think they have a right to charge markup for OLAs.

Yeah, I see your P.O.V., for real.
Anyway, whatever the market value of OLA (#15), be it high or low, I dont think I will ever sell it.
So "my" P.O.V. is not really about the MV but more about the quantity of them that are already in hands compare to some other items.
I just hate to see MA add more OLA in auction in "Big Bulk" of 10-15 as we have seen in recent years.
If they would have added 3-4 per year I would not even be here trying to say what I think with the help of my translator.

No one know for sure but do you think there is some years that MA droped 10-15 Mod Merc or Mod FAP in loots in the same week?

I would so like to see the high grade items like Mod FAP, Mod Merc ect. with a number on it and made it a public info that show how many of them are in inventory of player, similar as the OLA are show on the Map.
No one know if there is 10 or 100 Mod Merc (example) while everyone can look at the map and know that there is already 66 OLA sold or given.

Maybe I'm wrong but I dont think that there is 66 Mod FAP and 66 Mod Merc and 66 Mod whatever ect... outside.

Back