Put It Down - What's the Sweat Rules?

Jon Jak

Hatchling
I'm having trouble getting anywhere as a noob sweating and gaining PED. I've heard that players are gaining between 400 and 700 sweat per hour but I'm lucky to get 100 per hour - and I mean lucky.

This is my current skill level:
Weak Sweat Gatherer
Concentration = Lvl 2 Grade 2 Newbie
Sweat Gatherer = Lvl 17 Grade 8 Inept

Ninety percent of the time sweating fails and getting killed is a close second. I've heard that to sweat successfully I have to have MOB inside the second circle on my radar but the majority of the 777 bottles I have collected in 5 days has come from the lone Combibo or Exarosaur. I don't think I have a lot of skill, but I'm guessing there must be an extremely high top level as each skill gained doesn't seem to make a difference.

After 400 sweat I sold them for 5 PED and bought an Omegaton 2100 because my strategy became to sweat the animal then kill it, therefore taking sweat, hides and/or PEC. Unfortunately, it takes 3 or 4 attempts to kill a Combibo Young and costs more ammunition than PED made.

Having said that, here are my questions in conclusion:

Does the radar have anything to do with sweating?
What stops so many sweating failers?
What are the better creatures to sweat?
What's the go with MindEssence?
How do I get 400 - 700 sweat in an hour?
Are there official rules of sweating put out by MA?

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Being a noob is hard.

Ok this are what I can think of for now:
1) Sweating can be done at any distance on the radar.
2) Failed attempts are common.
3) The smaller the mob, the less pulls of sweat it has (before it is dry).
4) Getting focused helps sweating. That is the bubble looking thing that kind people might give out. This helps so that the mobs wont break your concentration if they hit you.
5) Tag along after asking... a nice kind hunter that is hunting a mob that takes them a while to kill. Time your sweating to go with their hunting rhythm for less distraction to them and best result for both of you.
6) The more you sweat and am attacked by mobs, the higher your evade will be, then they will hit you less often and you can stay alive longer so you can spent more time sweating and less time reviving.
7) If you havent got more teleports so that you can find a good place for yourself to sweat, I will suggest getting them, places like fort troy, atlas island north are good for starters

edit: I agree with the above post, please read the sticky threads. Alot of information there.

Jon Jak said:
not that i know of, no. its simply a rough guage of manually determning wether you are in range or not - but i do auto-sweating (right click the mob, and u'll automatically run into sweating range), so afaik, radar dont matter.

Jon Jak said:
im pretty sure that before the sweating cap was removed, looting sweat was quite random, but now that the cap has been removed, im also pretty sure that sweating (Success rate and very possibly the amount you get) is now related to skills. therefore shit skills = shit sweating.

Jon Jak said:
totally depends on how ur goin about it - if ur sweating w/o armour, then ur doin fine with exas etc - putting armour on will let you sweat ever-so-slightly tougher mobs (which have more sweat inside them), but then u will suffer decay, which costs you. either way its always best to sweat in a group - say ur in a group of 4, theres only a 25% chance of the mob attacking you, whereas if ur sweating alone, its 100%. 25% = less dying and more sweating.

Jon Jak said:
its just a hobby for now untill MA make more useful stuff for it - the most useful MF ability is the tp chip, which lets you teleport some distances - good for lazy people and avioding tough mobs.

Jon Jak said:
beats me - i dont sweat - but im guessing these people have considerable amount of sweating skill, as well as general and other skills (such as evade etc.)

Jon Jak said:
nahh. that means they're helping you make money, which they dont want - they want YOU to help THEM make money :p u'll learn that more when u start hunting

hope this helps, gl ingame mate

There are indeed some tips & tricks.

Despite what tidesong says, you cannot sweat from every distance. The mob sweated must be within the inner two circles of your radar.

Lower level mobs are quicker dry. Then again, they also cause less damage.
I used to sweat snabs and exa young. Don't try to sweat high end mobs.

Actually if you want to avoid being hit, the best thing is to sweat the non attacking mobs like gribnibs and turps. Nasty thing is that they move around like hell.

If you get more than 10 (or maybe 20) sweating failed attempts, there might be something wrong. I normally then go to a different spot. Also in that case I do a logout/login. I've found this to help as well.Note however that a success rate of 1 out of 5 is very good.

Try to sweat in small groups. That way you'll get less damage so it is easier to stay alive. Too big groups do not work as you are too likely to sweat on a dry mob, or someone interrupting your beam (mindforce is interrupted message).
That's what I really hated about CP.

In order to make mind essence (ME) you need force nexus (from mining) and sweat. ME can be used for all kind of chips. Do'nt bother with it for now.

Hunting will almost always cost more than it delivers. Definitely if your skills are low. If you sweat the mob dry first, then kill it then the sweat + loot will most often make up for the ammo though (assuming low level mobs).

I had this one guy that was basically admamant that you could only sweat a young critter a SET AMOUNT of times before it went dry. Is this true? Is there a SET AMOUNT, or is it just kind of an average iffy thing, and just know that the younger the less sweat they'll produce?

I had this one guy that was basically admamant that you could only sweat a young critter a SET AMOUNT of times before it went dry. Is this true? Is there a SET AMOUNT, or is it just kind of an average iffy thing, and just know that the younger the less sweat they'll produce?

Hello,

Yes, it is true.

Each MOB has a certain number of "pulls". After that many successful sweats the creature is dry it does not matter if each pull pulled 3 or 22 bottles.

An example of this is Saba young = 1 pull, Male snable young = 1 pull, Female snable young = 2 pull - and so on.

Good luck

Grounder

This is true.. a snable male young for example gets you one 'pull'

A mature will get you 2 'pulls'. Now quantity you recieve may vary, but mobs DO have an amount of times they can be sweated before they go 'dry'.

Also as a side note , if you are having problems gathering a fair amount of sweat, go to a relatively unpopulated area. Less competition sometimes = more sweat.

IE .. sweating at phoenix you have about 20 people sweating the same mob... someplace else you may have 4... thereby increasing your chances of getting some sweat.

I'm having trouble getting anywhere as a noob sweating and gaining PED. I've heard that players are gaining between 400 and 700 sweat per hour but I'm lucky to get 100 per hour - and I mean lucky.

First of all, the 700 sweat per hour on a consistent basis is a myth as far as I can tell. Good sweaters I know talk more in the 300-400 range, but there is considerable variation from hour to hour. I've pulled 300 in one half hour followed by less than 100 the next half hour.

Having said that, here are my questions in conclusion:

There used to be another radar circle that matched the sweating range better than the current circle does. For sure you can't sweat unless a mob is a ways inside the radar circle. You should also use the radar to make sure only one mob is within the circle (and thus likely to attack) at any time.

Mostly, nothing except dumb luck. The exception is the "successful failure" or when you get the message saying the mob can no longer be sweated. Every time you get that message, you just lost bottles of sweat you could have had from another mob. So one of the main sweating skills is to keep those messages to a minimum by keeping track of how many successful sweats a mob has left (2 for young daik, 3 for young exa, more for higher mobs). If you see groups sweating and they call out their sweat amount, it is so someone can kill that young daik as soon as the second success is announced. Of course if you sweat alone, you can keep the count yourself and completely avoid the "succdsful failure."

The weaker and slower, the better for you with your low evade skills. Snables, Daiks, Exas, Saba, and Bibos should be your early sweating mobs. Search the forum for a chart someone posted with how many sweats many mobs can give.

Made from 1 part sweat and 1 part "force nexus", ME is used with chips for healing, focusing, teleporting, attacking, & other uses.

Buy it at PA? This myth really does a disservice to noobs. Get excited when you get more than 300/hour, and don't freak out when you get less. The main thing to improve at is your number of attempts/hour--this can increase depending on your skills and tactics. Other posts have succested some tactics you should try out.

Not that I am aware of.

Well, yes and no. It's really a matter of expectations. Remember that the most valuable thing you are gaining by sweating is skill increases. Defensive skills and attribute increases especially are gained cheaply by sweating. I'd say unless you want to deposit soon, put away your handgun and just sweat until you have made many 1000's of sweat. Then when you start killing dry mobs, they won't kill you as often. As you note, hunting at your level is a losing business except for the skillgains.

Also, try out different sweating options: with groups, alone, at turrets, different mobs, different locations, and just learn about stuff while you do it. And by all means make some friends in the process!

Sweating can be fun--enjoy the ride!

-Coop (SG 900 :D )

Save $ sweating

Heres a great tip for all newbie sweaters,,, find a shore, edge were land meets water, when ure done sweating take them 4 a swim, this way no ped is waisted killing em. And as for the 1k sweat an hour myth? Its not a myth i get well over 1k an hour now,,, but ive been sweating on n off for 3 years! n my sweat skill is well over 1000. Woulda been alot higher if not for the cap last year :)
Have fun and have fun swimming ;)

Heres a great tip for all newbie sweaters,,, find a shore, edge were land meets water, when ure done sweating take them 4 a swim, this way no ped is waisted killing em. And as for the 1k sweat an hour myth? Its not a myth i get well over 1k an hour now,,, but ive been sweating on n off for 3 years! n my sweat skill is well over 1000. Woulda been alot higher if not for the cap last year :)

Turrets (sometimes called gun towers) can be used for the same purpose without the delay in killing the mob.

You just need to be able to judge the distance from the turret. One tip I use is if there is no terain feature or object - drop a bottle of sweat at the outside limit of the turret. You pass that bottle and your safe. Just don't do it in popular areas or other noobs will pick up your marker.

Good luck

Grounder

Here is a thread listing the # successfuls sweats per MOB:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41143&highlight=sweating

I agree with everything posted above, my only advice would be to work on your evade. The higher your evade, the less you get attacked, the less time you spend running from MOBs or running back from the revival terminal. Then you will get more sweat in an hour.

I am not aware of the higher sweating levels having an affect on the number of failures you experience, but at very high levels it might. But, don't look forward to that anytime soon, you'll be sweating for a very long time before that happens.

Just keep trying, it takes time.

If you get killed too often you might try smaller mobs (hey, turps and fuga's never attack!).
Also sweating in teams can be helpful as the mob can only attack one at a time.
Especially if all members in the team communicate well when they have a successful pull (so everyone knows the mob is empty).

The two other things that help is getting focus (this avoids that you loose concentration when you are hit). Also if you wear fully repaired pixie and e.g. sweat snabbies you will die much less often (but at the end you will have to sacrifice some of your sweating money to pay for armour repairs).

Dutchie

Sweat near a revival station and water if possible ...saves a ton of time wasted running back to the area.

MOBs can swim quite a distance, and not all water is deep enough to drown them anyway....something I didn't realise until it was pointed out to me by a pack of Beryls one day. :rolleyes: , we die and learn ;)

t

There used to be another radar circle that matched the sweating range better than the current circle does. For sure you can't sweat unless a mob is a ways inside the radar circle. You should also use the radar to make sure only one mob is within the circle (and thus likely to attack) at any time.

That circle is still there... you just need some microscope to see it...
If you look closely at you radar you see that the center of the smaller circle is gray and that around it is a black circle...

Make sure the MOB is in the grey area.

This is my current skill level:
Weak Sweat Gatherer
Concentration = Lvl 2 Grade 2 Newbie
Sweat Gatherer = Lvl 17 Grade 8 Inept

Ninety percent of the time sweating fails and getting killed is a close second. I've heard that to sweat successfully I have to have MOB inside the second circle on my radar but the majority of the 777 bottles I have collected in 5 days has come from the lone Combibo or Exarosaur. I don't think I have a lot of skill, but I'm guessing there must be an extremely high top level as each skill gained doesn't seem to make a difference.

After 400 sweat I sold them for 5 PED and bought an Omegaton 2100 because my strategy became to sweat the animal then kill it, therefore taking sweat, hides and/or PEC. Unfortunately, it takes 3 or 4 attempts to kill a Combibo Young and costs more ammunition than PED made.
Ok first off sweating as a profession is not really going to keep you solvent for activities like hunting. Its purpose it to give new players a taste of Entropia preceding depositing. Saying that there are many that continue to sweat for varying reasons.

If you are new to sweating and more importantly a new player with low general skills then come to Fort Troy. This is certainly the place for new players to learn to sweat. The majority of the time you will find at the TP there are people who are prepared to give focus charges and healing for free. Never be afraid to ask for focus or heal, just remember to ask nicely ;)

You may even bump into me as ive quite enjoyed popping over to Troy recently to heal sweaters. When you get to Troy look on your radar and if you see a group of green dots south of the TP its a good chance its a group of sweaters. No one should mind you joining them to sweat as its safety in numbers. If im in that group make sure i see you and providing i do then i will do my best to keep you alive :)

Only to help you figure out the range for sweating. If you use auto run then the radar is redundant and only helpfull to see where the next sweat mob is.

Nothing it seems :( I have 700+ sg with supporting MindForce skills, plus over 100k total skills and i still get huge runs of failures. Its very much like any other profession its all to do with timing/luck.

For you the better creatures would be the small mobs.

Its the "ammunition" for all Mind Force chips.

To get 400 sweat an hour should be possible for you. Certainly should be able to get more than 100 an hour if you come to Troy and sweat in a group. Dont expect to get 700 hour unless you have some very good luck.
Sweating mobs to obtain 700 an hour takes the following:

• Armour so no healing is invloved to save time.
  • A decent amount of HP for obvious reasons
  • Focus to ensure concentration is not broken.
  • A decent weapon to dispatch the mobs quickly. This saves lots of time, but has the risk of loss of ammo vs no loot!!!
  • A good location with plenty of your chosen mob to sweat. Preferably a herd that spread out enough so you dont get over run, but close enough to you so you dont waste time finding a new mob to sweat.
  • Dont waste time chatting in soc channel :D

There are no official rules with anything in Entropia. There are guidlines on the basics within game, but this concentrates on informing you about difference area's and does not focus on method. Read all the guides, read these forums. Take all that info and out of that you should have a good idea on the different opinions on how to sweat. Find a method that suits you!!

The beauty of Entropia is that it is a challenge right from the beginning ;)

Best advice already posted, wait with hunting and let a swim or turret finish the mob off.

Sweating can be done two ways basically, sweat and die or sweat and not die…in the beginning is it maybe impossible to not die but as soon you grew stronger try stay alive longer and speed up your life regeneration with a FAP-5. I knew many say "think about economy bla bla bla", but if u want to be a hunter later, then fapping will be the key thru the Entropia.
I can guarantee you get better success from mob that not been sweated before, so as far away from the sweat centum u get as better, if u sweat in team its also big risk another player success before u…I have sweat combibo with hatchlings as PA, and I get 4 of 5 pulls!!!!

You may even bump into me as ive quite enjoyed popping over to Troy recently to heal sweaters.

Very true... although I honestly have to say that I didn't even notice I was talking to Miss Calypso herself yesterday... I just realised it now you are writing this...

Please accept my shame and apoligies... I should have known...
Although it would be very possibly I would have only been able to stumble around and talk gibberish if I'd knew I was in the presence of such a celebrity :ahh:

Thanks for what you've already told and said. Is there still some point when you are unable to sweat?

Hello,

No, MA has removed the sweat cap. So, to the best of my knowledge, you can sweat as much as you want (grand master sweater anyone?).

It should continue like this unless MA reinstates a sweat cap again.

Grounder

It is my experience that if you sweat low end mobs that you will get enough sweat from them to pay for the ammo to kill them.

In any case, if they are dry and you do not want to shoot them, please drown or turret them. I really dislike it if I get the dry message because someone just jumped to a new mob when one is dry without terminating it.

(actually that is one of the reasons I sometimes sweat at unpopular places).

thanks for the info, Grounder

*(dances! woohoo!)*

... And as for the 1k sweat an hour myth? Its not a myth i get well over 1k an hour now,,, but ive been sweating on n off for 3 years! n my sweat skill is well over 1000. Woulda been alot higher if not for the cap last year :)

Please excuse my skepticism :) If you are up for it, I would _love_ to meet you ingame for an hour of sweating. You call your sweats, and I will add them up.

If they add up to anywhere near 1000, you will be my EU hero from now on, and I will honestly be able to give hope to sweating noobs that things really do get better. If nothing else, maybe you would teach me some sweating pointers that would improve my own techniques.

Love to hear from ya,

Coop

Back