PVP in VU 10 (Including nighttime PVP)

ZarathustrA

Old Alpha
Sarah 'Kitty' Tek
Here's some video I recorded yesterday.
It was only edited in Virtual Dub so it's just high quality clips strung together.

I'm not commonly found in PVP so no comments on my abilities, or the abilities of any victims. :ahh:

Just watch it and enjoy the looks of night time PVP at very high settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIJQ1V3KEVo&fmt=22
(Please go to this link instead of asking me to embed it, it was made for HD)

Code:
[b]Tech Specs[/b]

Computer: Windows XP
Intel Quad-Core 2.40GHz
3.326GBs DDR2
Nvidia GTX 260 (896MB Ram)

Entropia: Very High Settings
No AA or AF
1280x960 Resolution

Video: Xvid Codec
1024x768 Resolution

Hehe fun vid. I was expecting pvp4 action, not killing random noobs :p

Wanna pick a real fight, I just made reunion with my ML 45 :yay:

Looks good, I enjoy how you can strafe quickly now making PVP a bit more about skill rather then who can afford the better equipment.

Hehe fun vid. I was expecting pvp4 action, not killing random noobs :p

I'm cheap and conserving my PED for SGA. No PVP4 (aka better armour/weapons) for me. :)

I'm not showing off at all with this. I questioned posting this at first thinking I could get some comments thinking that is the reason for this video. I made this solely for my brother to check out how nighttime PVP looked but why not post it here too? I know many people are having trouble right now logging in and staying stable so this is a taste of something they, hopefully, will soon be enjoying themselves.

Also the framerate had its questionable moments while PVPing (you can notice it at times in the video). I wouldn't take the risk of recording in PVP4. Maybe someone else with a faster computer can. :D

I forgot, I wanted to say thanks to many of the people who were great sports (especially Sash Lomas) about it. All in good fun. :clap:

Looks good, I enjoy how you can strafe quickly now making PVP a bit more about skill rather then who can afford the better equipment.

I agree. My CS habits seem to be much more useful in this VU than any others and we already know LR guns are very quickly leveling the playing field for low to mid-high level players.

Personally I would like to see a balanced PVP zone where everyone is defaulted to no armour, and 100 HP (or maybe more since that's 1 hit kill from alot of guns nowadays). That's quite a wish though, I only know of one game that has balanced PVP where gear/level don't matter but I hope it's something other games pick up on. ;)

Thanks for the video, it was pretty cool to witness pvp from a winning viewpoint ;), especially in vu 10.

rofl

fair pvp ?!?!?! why should ppl buy uber gear and guns ?

and whats with those ppl with small wiener that can only feel with uber toys in pvp like a real man ?!?!?!

no way there will be no fair pvp ever in here :laugh:

Nice video - where was it shot?

rofl

fair pvp ?!?!?! why should ppl buy uber gear and guns ?

and whats with those ppl with small wiener that can only feel with uber toys in pvp like a real man ?!?!?!

no way there will be no fair pvp ever in here :laugh:

I know, it's quite a wish but I grew up playing Quake 3, UT, and CS in leagues (and a few LAN tournaments) so I am a big supporter of an equal playing field -- 'Skill>Money or Time'. I'm sure it will always remain a wish when it comes to EU or most MMORPGs, since they strive off of the "grinding" experience, but at least PVP isn't as one-sided as it used to be.

PVP looks so fucking awesome now.. Adds a whole different aspect of gameplay to me with all these awesomely handsome graphics. You are making me so jealous Zara to be stuck at freakin work on a friday!!! :(

Really cool battles, nice video + Rep for time spent and for some good clean killz :D

Is awesome to see PVP now requires actually skill and aim. Alot less about the gun you have now you cant just drag their health bar and spam click it.

You can embed HD videos by appending &fmt=18 to the end of the URL.

Thank you for video. So now you require actual FPS skill to kill,did they introduce crouch and prone? or I'm being too dreamy :D

did they introduce crouch and prone?

I wish.

We have a more competent engine now (and sit/lay down are currently missing), so maybe it is coming.

I'll dream along with you. :D

Back