Pvp4 Pk

Kombinator

Marauder
Society
CCCP
Velikii Komby Kombinator
I spent some time today in PVP4 and had some really annoying experiences there. After spending quite some time and ammo and getting a global or two both times at the end of my hunts some asshole popped out of nowhere (was not even on my radar) and PK'd me on the spot (I think last time it was tiki).

Now I certainly understand that it is a lootable PVP zone, but first how the hell do these people hide off the radar screen and second why does MA put unique mobs all in a PVP zone, seems there should be an option to hunt them on LA or somewhere else as well.

It is one of the most annoying things to have this shit happen after you bust your ass and waste ammo and then have some asshole come out of nowhere and PK you. Is it just me or do others have similar experience?

I know the experience may be different for all, but I always prepare myself mentally when I enter into a PvP area.

1. I can and most likely will be killed.
2. Might makes right (in PvP).

Sorry that it seemingly happened mere seconds after globalling that another avatar pops out of nowhere, kills, and loots you. It always sucks getting looted. That is the chance you take entering those areas though.

MA has to make a way to attract people to different PvP areas aside from the PvP aspect of things.

1. PvP1 = Calumasoid
2. PvP2 = Oil Rig
3. PvP3 = Hispidus
4. PvP4 = The malamutes or whatever the frick they're called.

To me, the PvP aspect just makes it more exciting and awareness all the more important... especially PvPs 3 & 4.

Well, I know what you mean about mentally being prepared, but how does someone hide off the radar screen and then just pops in there as I am aobut to tp out of there? I was not sitting in one place, was he just hunting me with some long range scope?

Deathifier has a LA with Hispidus on it :D

Well, I know what you mean about mentally being prepared, but how does someone hide off the radar screen and then just pops in there as I am aobut to tp out of there? I was not sitting in one place, was he just hunting me with some long range scope?

I think that's entirely possible, but I'm not certain.

If this annouying you, then dont go PVP area. That is PVP rules, and everyone kill you there, even i try to kill you, but i dont have any skill for that. :)

-MichaeI

In regards to your point, there is an LA with Hispidus on it as was stated above, oil can be found in many places and calamusoids are not that exciting (plus it is not lootable).

Being PK'd doesn't bother me that much, it is getting looted hunting mobs that I can't find anywhere that bothers the shit out of me.

Yea yea. My best guess is that someone tracking me with a scope from a distance until I was done. I could have tried to run out but was in the middle of the zone so too far.

Just got to keep the L fap I looted, all the stackables got stolen. Lost 200 PED tr so today to the pk'ing assholes, guess won't go back to the zone for a while, shame really, bet there are a lot more players that won't either unless MA does something reasonable with the new mob locations.

i had rico killed on in there and i never saw him coming,+it was just after i relogged,good thing he didnt loot me,ty rico :p

This new zone just adds a large piece of action and risk to the game..

Be aware there are rifles that can kill u in 1-2 shot and have more range then your radar.

He could be tracking u with scope but thats not always possible as u dont much furter then ur radar, maybe they changed that in some areas like this pvp4.

i had rico killed on in there and i never saw him coming,+it was just after i relogged,good thing he didnt loot me,ty rico :p

u are autolooted.

:confused:

I can't believe you posted this. I understand your upset you got looted.. But cmon, what did you expect? :scratch2:

Didn't you see the warning messages upon entering? I would say you had to buy a shot as well- but many have noted they we able to enter without a shot the first time- so you mighta got in without a toxin shot.

And that "Pk-assholes" part. ? Its entirely your fault you got looted, you shoulda known it WAS going to happen. Blaming other players is stupid.

*NOTE

If you DIDN'T understand you were in a lootable pvp zone since perhaps you didn't need to buy a toxin shot, then I wouldn't have been so harsh. Otherwise, your post is just complete nonsense.

One way I know (if its not a bug) is that guy logged out before you got there and then logged in just as you wanted to tp out....

That's possible i guess, just the timing was a bit weird, he actually came at me as I was finishing a mob, so he had no way of knowing I was about to even get out of there. It is possible he was not stalking me and just happened to be running by and decided to PK...

This may add an element of extra risk and excitement to the game for some people, but I find it really annoying to be robbed at gunpoint. It would be better if MA made it more like PVP2 unlootable...but I guess it is what it is.

lol.. (hands you a kleenex)... MA said they'd tweaked pvp4. Perhaps you can be invisible on radar. IMO, thats a super bonus for YOU. Keeps your ass hidden. Suck it up... it'll be ok.

i love the new island and pvp4 , it adds another dimension to the game , more action , more things to explore.

Sure it sucks to get looted , but remember , sometimes you are the big fish , sometimes youre not...

// ermik

Sad to hear that you lost a lot, Kombinator :(

PS: Yesterday, I hunted there too,
was killed but wasn't looted (had oil & robot res in inv after reviving)...
Also I was able to enter to pvp without another toxic shot after that.
I dont know why :dunno:

Last edited:
I think that there is two kind of issues here:

First, someone pops up on radar without warning. On one hand, it could be someone who logs in, but it could also be someone TPing in. On the other hand, it *could* be some nasty bug, simular to when teams loses members after a teleportation. Dunno if the temporarily invisible thing makes you get invisible on radar aswell.

The second issue is that this new area is lootable pvp area and there is a lot of "things" that's unique to this area. (As for hispidus, there are some hispidus, maybe not the pvp3 size, also in the blue zone far west of hadesheim.)

A third issue is that the pvp indicator is ungood. On eudoria, since pvp3 is surrounded by "protected" land, you can see when you leave pvp3 (indicator turns green), but since pvp4 is surrounded by amathera "defaulted" pvp zones, the indicator stays yellow all the time. Second thing, is that I wonder if the pvp icon bug is fixed; thay it might be green if you visit a protected LA (for instance the LA west of pvp4) and then you walk into pvp4 from that LA without relogging, and then it stays green all the time, if this bug is remaining it's not good either.

Another remark on visual design is that other PVP areas has signs on them at the border, but this area doesn't. I think it would be good to have the signs at the border in the villages.

It would be nice if there was some way to explore the area, for instance if MA had pvp turned off say once a month/once a quarter. For me, the new area is mainly a toy for the ubers. I'll go look into there once, but most likely I die pretty fast at an ambush by someone with tango or ml-45...

You can't see any controlled or AI beyond your radar, they will only render when they are within radar range so the long range scope theory doesn't work.
Unless that's something they "tweaked" but I don't think so.

I think the tweak is that you have to actually aim for the character of the other person and your hit rate is a bit higher than normal, making it more like a FPS game feeling. Aiming skills actually matter a bit now, hehe pvp here I come (when I get good armor lol!)

I got looted 3 times there last night :D. I am not yet big and bad enough to take on some of the many people that were running about in there last night.

I have no problems at all with the fact that that I was killed and looted, it is a lootable PVP area. All part of the fun.

I do see that there may be issues having the 3 new mobs and the new bot ONLY available in PVP4. It means that the new mobs are only really available for a certain section of the community.

But then again, it was VERY busy in there last night, of course, a new area and everyone out to play. Give it a week or so and it may quiet down a bit I suppose, giving more opportunity to have some hop in/out hunts.

Last edited:
Thread moved to PVP forum, where it clearly belongs.

Please make an effort to post new threads in the proper forum! Simply dumping all new threads in General Discussion is not only lazy, it is disrespectful to other members, by making the forum hard to browse, as well as to admins and moderators, who have to waste time moving threads.

On topic:

MA made this new area lootable PVP for a reason. There is one rule and one rule only in my opinion: the strongest survive, and might makes right.

As for putting unique new mobs there: there needs to be a reason to go in there. This is partly why PVP3 is often empty: no unique mobs or resources, thus little excitement. I think MA put some thought into things this time, and arranged things to create "something to fight for", and a reason to risk one's neck in PVP4.

I say good job MA!

hmmm. what do i think
Well i guess its time MA rebalanced armors in terms of penetration protection. the gab from vigilante to the nearest pen armor is to high atm.

Other than that, the new zone is fun, just missing a rig at the center

i tell ya what boy play smart get the ML 45 + dante ( if you skiled ) dont get any stackable items whith you and hunt dont be hunted hell i droped voland at the rig whith his mod fap and no that manee skills:wtg:

I was in there last night....was having a good old time mining a bit and avoiding the yeti's, and a green dot appeared. Grabbed my scoped plasma and couldn't find the avi on the screen. Waited a few and didn't get railed, so I started to walk towards the green dot, trying to find the person, when I get a plasma blast outa nowhere. Knocked me to about half health.....I knew I wouldn't have enough time to TP out, so I went for the logout....I heard the BLP shots as it went..3...2...dead. If I hadn't hesitated, I could've gotten away...but them's the breaks...hope you enjoy your bounty Dreicc...was a little pissed, but revived and went about my business...luckily, I didn't lose that much. I think I'll wait awhile before going back...

i jumped around in there too (with some stackable items with me) :)

what's the prob when being pked? :scratch2:

funny is how differently PKer act :)

PK1: 'sorry' -> Blam! Blam!

PK2: ... -> ratatatatatata!

PK2: 'freeze!' -> FZzzz! FZzzz! ratatatata!

:laugh:

Its all about PVP its cool if you dont like it just stay away from the cirlce simple lol .

The day 8.11 came, in PVP3 was pretty silent;) at least didnt happen to see anyone in it.. I guess 99% of PKers were wandering around on new shiny island :D

Last edited:
Whats pk mean? :scratch2:

Whats pk mean? :scratch2:

Acronym -Definition
PK Park
PK Peak
PK Pääkirjasto (Finnish: main library)
PK Paardekracht (Horse Power)
PK Pack
PK Pakistan (Including Jammu & Kashmir)
PK Pakistan International Airlines (IATA airline code)
PK Pallati I Kongreseve (Albanian: Palace of Congresses)
PK Paradise Kiss (comic)
PK Parkour (extreme urban sport)
PK Pastor's Kid
PK Peace Keeper (Farscape)
PK Peacekeeper (missile)
PK Penalty Kick
PK Penalty Killing (Hockey)
PK Penetrating Keratoplasty (also seen as PKP)
PK People Killer (gaming)
PK Personal Kill(s) (Lineage 2 game)
PK Personenkennzahl (German)
PK PetroKazakhstan Inc.
PK Pharmacokinetics
PK Phil Katz (inventor of ZIP data compression)
PK Pickoff (baseball)
PK Pikachu (pokemon TV show)
PK Pike
PK Placekicker (football)
PK Player Killer/Killing (used in multi-player games)
PK Poistumiskielto (Finnish)
PK Position Keeper
PK Posta Kutusu (Turkish: Post Office Box)
PK Pourquoi (French: Why)
PK Preacher's Kid
PK Prekindergarten
PK Pressekonferenz (German: press conference)
PK Primary Key
PK Probability of Kill
PK Procurement
PK Product Knowledge (retail)
PK Product Knowledge meeting (Home Depot training)
PK Promise Keepers (Christian Men~s Organization)
PK Psychokinesis
PK Public Key (cryptography)
PK Public Knowledge
PK Pulemyot Kalashnikova (Russian machine gun)
PK Pumpkin
PK Punto Kilométrico (Spanish)
PK Pyrokinesis
PK Pyruvate Kinase

Back