Question about loots and Mobs

The many logs on here prove it matey.
So make a consistent study that proves it in terms that can't be attributed to random chance.
If you're right it shouldn't be hard at all.

Just saying "Haha! I'm right!" doesn't really contribute anything to this discussion.

Tbh many poker players believe in upstreak after making a deposit. Also many players believe in downstreak after making a withdrawal. Good players rarely care though :).

Many poker players start ranting about how the site is rigged after they lose a few coin flips in a row. All it tells you is they don't have a strong enough appreciation of statistics to be good poker players.

My question is, does mob size have to do with loot size the time when one gets lucky. I agree with the one post that says he didn't see any punys in the HOF records and neither did I.
I saw a 400+ hof on caudatergus puny with my own eyes in the late autumn, at the sweat camp's beach by a guy in rags with kiwio :)

However some cap on the loot size is definity there. Look at all time top5 single loots on popular low level mobs (who don't give ATHs usually, so results aren't messed up):
Code:
Drone:    12738 12301 11858 11841 11643
Allophyl: 18264 16790 16438 16297 16271 
Argonaut: 18652 18446 16893 16873 16729
Feffoid:  25674 22769 21620 21291 20516 
Atrox:    82857 38418 38060 33296 32547
Note how similar are numbers in each group, as if they bumped into the wall. That one exception for atrox was an ATH (apparently ATHs are driven by different rules).

Last edited:
The many logs on here prove it matey.
let me quote the only part of your original post that was about EU and not about Bingo sites to put some focus on what you actually said...
EU is exactly the fckin same. You sign up and deposit and they will drop the "hook" the hook being a large win (which doesnt come near what you have deposited in total) which entises you into depositing more money in the hope of hitting big.

The truth is, by the time you hit big you've already lost far far money than the big win.
your theory that everyone will get one big hit early on after they begin depositing has not been proven by the logs on forums...

in fact, it's pretty common knowledge that a lot of people are playing years and years before they hit their first "big" HoF, and some people get it very quickly...

I had a friend who played off the peds he made sweating, only deposited $10 USD, he hit a 7K umbranoid after about a month in-game and withdrew and quit...

I didn't get my first HoF over 500 ped until I was in-game for 2 and a half years!
I didn't get my first HoF over 1K until I was in-game for 3 years!

it's different for everybody, and it can't be predicted, no matter how many logs are made! :silly2:

Tbh many poker players believe in upstreak after making a deposit. Also many players believe in downstreak after making a withdrawal. Good players rarely care though :).

The poker analogy is that you can consistently win again and again. Here are three examples of successful poker play also apply to EU:

1. Play the people, not the cards. I treat the auction like this. I gamble that a particular item will be in higher demand at certain times, and sell it for more.

2. When you're dealt a good hand, maximize what you can get out of it. If you're TT'ing most of your loot and stacking nothing, you're not maximizing your winnings.

3. Look for the holes in your play. If you're doing something a lot and losing every single time, maybe you're playing over your head or un-eco. Examine what you're doing and how you can avoid behaviors that aren't successful. One example is mining drop distance. If you *think* you're getting the right distance, why not check? If you know having not enough distance between drops results in lower returns, why not make sure?

Many poker players start ranting about how the site is rigged after they lose a few coin flips in a row. All it tells you is they don't have a strong enough appreciation of statistics to be good poker players.

Both of the quotes above point out the behavior of a different group than I'm talking about. I'm not saying all poker players are good at EU. I'm saying poker is one form of gambling where you can consistently win.

I remember a trox (figures approx and for illustration only)

Trox 30,300
Trox 30,600 (same person week later)

Alloyp 11,200
Alloyp 11,500
What ticked me off was during the time I was on the argonaut iron quest. A guy looted an argonaut for 8700 ped & within 12hours of that hof, he got another hof for 8500ped on the same mob :eyecrazy: so he got 17.2k ped basically. I was absolutely livid, I will never forget that day. I met the guy ingame & saw him using ghost armor & non sib weapons I was like :scratch2: wth man. No idea if he was due that amount.

Was around 2011.08.01. Patrick Hylander Tenvooren.

Last edited:

This +rake.
EU is not Poker.

This +rake.
EU is not Poker.

I never said it was. I was replying to a comment by someone else that was directly about poker.

But there are similarities between EU and poker. You can't in the long-run make money out of the house, but with wise play you can cover your losses to the house and beyond by making money from other players.

Back