Question about robot beacons

Neophyte

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Alex Neophyte Zane
Hello,

Just wanted to ask - how common are these things exactly? Or uncommon for that matter. Slightly over 1K prospecting now, meaning at least 6-7K+ bombs used, probably a lot more. Got numerous globals on the way, but I am yet to see one of these. Tried mining coast lines, didn't work.

Pure curiosity, really, I am allergic to drones anyway :)

EU is dynamic. you never know. some might get it the first 1k bombs others have to wait 10k+ bombs.

I finally found one about 1year and 3months of playing. I would say they are pretty rare find, Just some are luckier than others.

My first one was under water, Drones drowned...lol

Think u asked about robot spacecrafts. Beacons might be or not in their loot, so even more rare than spacecrafts :)

I found an astonishing FIVE of them in my first WEEK of mining. Then 1 during one year, then several in next two months..

randomness

I got my first (and only) spacecraft after about a month of mining, interestingly (or not) it was about 5 mins after I strapped an amp onto my finder for the first time. Of course then I thought amps were great, now I think they're crap and waste a lot of money :)

I have found a ship, and it contained 21PED and a 29PED beacon. I was running north towards Nymph along the west edge of the lake, and spotted a Drone Gen 1. I killed it, and searched the area. The ship was a few metres into the lake, with no other drones around.

I have never found a ship (strange signal) while mining :laugh:

10 in 6 months

found about 10 in 6 months only one with a beacon

tried going back to the co ords and not there - compleatly random and often not even associated wiht mining.

if mining you do pick up the strange signal but even walking around spotting drones in an interesting place often leads to a ship ;)

there also on amethera and compleatly random ;) have tried just going after them for 3 days in arow and did not spot anything

my first gobal was a beacon

My first global was a beacon 42 ped. I dropped less then 500 e matter probes. :D

Like everyone says - pretty much random. I went several months without finding any, then I found one. A couple months later, I found two in one day, one more on the next - all three of those just east of Port Atlantis - quite literally n00b central. Haven't found one since - almost a year now.

Seems really random..

I had great luck when I first started mining. I found 5, 2 with beacons, in my first 2 or so months of mining with pretty low mining skils.

I've not had a single strange signal since.. and now I have 1500 prospecting.

I found one in my first two weeks of mining, and none since. No beacon in mine...

Good Luck! :)

Found 2, no beacon. 890 prospecting.

Does anyone know, if you get killed by the robots can anyone come along and loot the spaceship while you tp back?

I found about 6-7 beacons, always random occations

when they first came out last year I averaged about 2 per week for a month or two (half with beacons/ half without)...after they cut the drop rate (2-3months after intro) I was down to about 1 per month or so...but then I also dramtically cut my mining down after they screwed it up with the new (finder) system. Still averaging about 1per month-ish (half beacon-half no beacon).

And skills dont really have anthing to do with finding beacons...nor do tools.

Fish said:
Found 2, no beacon. 890 prospecting.

Does anyone know, if you get killed by the robots can anyone come along and loot the spaceship while you tp back?

Yes. Once it's there, anyone who pushes the button can loot it. What I would like to know is how long they hang around if nobody loots them.

Shadowsong said:
Yes. Once it's there, anyone who pushes the button can loot it. What I would like to know is how long they hang around if nobody loots them.

I recall someone in the soc getting one with really tough mobs in between and long way from revive. Took him easily 15 - 20 minutes to get back to it with tp chip. So I think you have a while. Just that someone else could get it. I'd rather see it locked to the avi like a mining claim. Can't see why it has to be open for all to get. Just make it 30mins time limit and it dissappears.

Very random, i have had 10 in 1 week and none for a month. Seems to me one in 6/7 has a beacon in it. I went about 4 weeks before i got one yesterday. Also my opinion is they are related to the use of the beacons, when someone uses the beacon and it goes in the loot table again, x amount of ships are created, one containing the beacon.

I found 1 with no beacon and I dont mine IE have less than 150 TOTAL mining skills lol

found 4 space ships up to now and they were all before 600 surveying, now nothing :(

In less than one year, not much mining (around 600-900 prosp and surv, dunno), found 3 robotship, 1 had a beacon.

I don't mine at all, but of the few times I have I was lucky enough to find a 39 ped beacon. Other than this, I'm just a hunter. ;)

Back