Question about shrapnel and markup

It's funny how such a simple question elicits such drama. All I was interested in knowing was whether or not the 101:100 conversion rate from shrapnel-to-UA was the same at the TT, and it's not. That's it.

The "why would you do this or that" was NEVER part of the conversation.

Ranyard's first reply, and most of page 1, had all the answers needed:

-If you convert shrapnel to UA, you receive 101% back in UA.

-If you put shrapnel in the TT, you only receive 100% back in PEDs.

There are many reasons for doing either, but that wasn't my question or reason for posting.

As for all the subsequent off-tangent drama, thanks for the diversion. :rolleyes:

Not to be nasty but if one percent will make a diff to you then you are in the wrong game:). Like an old bud of mine used to say "Hell I spill more than that in an evening" :)

Not to be nasty but if one percent will make a diff to you then you are in the wrong game:).

This is outright wrong. Whether you can cycle 97% or 98% per round is a difference of 1/3 in cost to play.

This is outright wrong. Whether you can cycle 97% or 98% per round is a difference of 1/3 in cost to play.

yeah indeed.

But if you're lucky, and you're just getting 60% returns, then it's just 2,5% difference in cost to play :p

So as you can see, it's a huge advantage to get crappy returns! :tongue2:

Couple of things: One I have not read many posts where players are claiming 97 or 98 percent and if you make a 1K USD that means the 1% equals $10 USD and if 10 dollars on 1000 invested makes a difference you are still in the wrong game.

I stand by what I said.

Couple of things: One I have not read many posts where players are claiming 97 or 98 percent and if you make a 1K USD that means the 1% equals $10 USD and if 10 dollars on 1000 invested makes a difference you are still in the wrong game.

I stand by what I said.

I have cycled 50K+ since this year. With currently a TT Return of 95.50%, with MU 96.8%.
If I were to lower my defense costs by 1% currently 1.26%, I’d have theoretically 96.5% TT return, 97.8% w MU.

My setup is a songkra + VI and ares ring. 3.00 dpp
I’m very well expecting that those with better economy rating items have higher TT return than me.

Ps: since I do mainly melee I sometimes TT my shrapnel.

when you convert Shrapnells in UA, you get 101% -> 100 Ped Shrapnell = 101 Ped UA..... i do it longer and nothing changed.... so what is the Problem? You can TT it, but the Win of 1% is a gift, i wouldn´t waste.....:scratch2:

And, if it's true that you get back 101 PED from 100 PED of shrapnel, do you also get 50.5 PED back from 50 PED of shrapnel, and so on?

Is 50,5 from 50 = 101%?:scratch2:

I stand by what I said.

You didn't get my point. Whether your individual result is 97% or 95% or less, but still within a minor margin from breaking even, it was just an example using roughly MA's given communal return to point out the leverage you get from this measly 1% you wanted to dismiss in the previous post. The 1% you gain from converting shrapnel is not to be put in relation with 100%, but with the distance you're shy of 100%. That's why you gain a whopping 1/3 gameplay time for your money if your result was 97%, a bit less if it was less, or even more if you were closer. May sound convoluted but actually it isn't. Maybe someone else has more talent to put this in simpler words.

Since it won't make any difference to you, perhaps we can come to some arrangement where you give me 100 PED for every 10k PED you cycle.

Since it won't make any difference to you, perhaps we can come to some arrangement where you give me 100 PED for every 10k PED you cycle.

I don't think he will mind spending 100 ped every 2 years.

That would take a while because it takes me a long time to 10K. I have cycled about 22K since I starting track my runs (1189) July 3 2017.

Maybe I should clear up something. I say that if 100 ped is a big deal I don't think this is your game, Having said that just giving ped away is also bad so if your cycling a lot of ped then why would you not make the extra 100. But if that is the difference from be able to play and not then this is not your game. This game is expensive and 100 ped is not that much help IMO. But that is just me.

Last edited:
Not to be nasty but if one percent will make a diff to you then you are in the wrong game:). Like an old bud of mine used to say "Hell I spill more than that in an evening" :)

Cycling 1k PED a day (well I dont do that, but many others do so)

If you use 1k PED shrapnels to do that instead ammo from TT, its 1010 PED to cycle.

Even if you buy the shrapnels at 100,5% its still 5 PED a day.

365x5 = 1825 PED a year you have less than those that use shrapnels.

Looking at CLD price, its nearly 1 CLD lost every year.

Well your decision, others like to play smart.

Beside that, many very smart people get hired by "global player companys" to find a way to save 1% here and there.
Exactly those that can do that, is the top paid employees.

I stand by what I said.

No. You are saying $10 difference per week ($520 per year) shouldn't make a difference on a $1,000 investment. That's assuming you only sell loot / convert Shrapnel once per week. If you are cycling your bank role once a day, that's a $3,600 per year difference on a $1,000 investment. This is also ignoring compound interest.

Compound interest

No. You are saying $10 difference per week ($520 per year) shouldn't make a difference on a $1,000 investment. That's assuming you only sell loot / convert Shrapnel once per week. If you are cycling your bank role once a day, that's a $3,600 per year difference on a $1,000 investment. This is also ignoring compound interest.

Compound interest

I agree but I wonder how many cycle that much ? I bet MA knows the average of all players together to figure what the average players spends. That is all the money depoed divided by the number of players = average spent. I would really like to know that figure. I did read an article that said the new game play's age is early thirties which to me means to me they do spend more than in days past. The only thing is would someone like that have the time to play as much as it would take to cycle big ped amounts what with work and family to make a big diff in his/her back roll ?

I do see the point if one cycles big and I bet Grits is the one that does and I wonder if he converts his shrapnel. I would say he does. But I still think that for the average player it does not make that much of a diff. One thing for sure 99.9% are not going to make a living at this game even with the extra 1%:)

Just a little BTW you are right about the investment of 1000 USD but you are making one assumption: that you are getting back the whole 1000 each week and making that $10 and I don't think that is going to happen, at least not me. You really would need to take into consideration the 3% (97% return is MA estimate) to get it right. I would venture a guess that very few players will have the original 1000 USD plus 520 USD profit at the end of the year. Also you would need to compound the loss as well as the gain.

Anyway not meaning to bust your balls as we are just taking here and it really just my opinion. I am sure we will would agree everyone all are entitled to at least one:)

I bet MA knows the average of all players together to figure what the average players spends. That is all the money depoed divided by the number of players = average spent.

No, that doesnt seem correct.
Depositing is not the same as spending.
Spending is using/cycling ped.
Depositing doesnt mean you cycle ped.

Also, there are people that cycle, that didnt deposit but got the ped through other means.

No, that doesnt seem correct.
Depositing is not the same as spending.
Spending is using/cycling ped.
Depositing doesnt mean you cycle ped.

Also, there are people that cycle, that didnt deposit but got the ped through other means.

My bad and you are right. A depo doesn't mean money spent just how much is in play. I know that MA can track how much is spent each day though by the sales of ammo and probes, at the auction and so on. However we are only interested in hunting here and I bet they know that number both the amounts spent buying and the amounts received.

My bad and you are right. A depo doesn't mean money spent just how much is in play. I know that MA can track how much is spent each day though by the sales of ammo and probes, at the auction and so on. However we are only interested in hunting here and I bet they know that number both the amounts spent buying and the amounts received.

lol, again, no, MA cant track it by the sales of ammo. If I buy ammo, that doesnt mean I have cycled it. :tongue2:
But I'm fairly sure MA has other means to track how much is cycled. :D

lol, again, no, MA cant track it by the sales of ammo. If I buy ammo, that doesnt mean I have cycled it. :tongue2:
But I'm fairly sure MA has other means to track how much is cycled. :D

I bet they can track the sales but that does not mean it was used and in reality I doubt that would be useful however they can track your inventory and the drops in the amount of ammo used. Anyway it all just conjecture anyway and who cares :) Like the old adage "What is, is" :). Anyway great discussions here even though I am not sure anyone won enough points to change someone's opinion. LOL.

Back