Question about the bar.

Cylo

Hatchling
I have a question about the slide bar. I have just started crafting and have played around with the slide bar every now and then and wanted to get peoples oppinions of it. Is it best to just do everything on full quantity or quality? Or do some people do something in the middle? I noticed if you move it to quality as soon as you start to move it the CoS bar moves drastically so I was either going all the way to quality or keeping it all the way on Quantity, just wanting to get peoples opinions on what they do. Also I have done full 1k clicks at quality and 1k clicks at quantity and seen some differences, but wasn't sure if it was blueprint quality for the differences or just the luck of that 1k run. I like the 1.3k residue I get occasionally on the full quality, but I have noticed that I can get that much on quantity too, just not as often. Please any help here is nice. I got my first BP the filters one up to 75% today and have gotten to the point that on 1k clicks I come close to breaking even to even sometimes making a small profit. Any help on my way would be great. Thanks

In principle it is very simple, stuff like components (have no quality) and things that can be repaired: quantity
On (L) items: quality+lots of residues

On components, always and only all way to left, to quantity.

Follow your instincts! Condition is bigger risk/reward but it evens out in the very very very long run (kinda like cnd mining).

Are you feeling lucky, hatchling?

As Kerham said, stackables always go for quantity.
Non-stackables (tools,weapons,etc) your choice depends on how lucky you feel and how much you enjoy gambling. And having huge skills helps.

You can craft L items without residue and go for quality. You will occasionally get full tt items and maybe some residue. But it's the biggest gamble of all and unlikely to pay off. It's the quickest way to donate to the loot pool that I know of.

thanks for all the responses. Sometimes I feel like gambling, then I realise most of the time I just wasted a lot of ped. Haha ha... but other times I do it and get lucky. I'm still on the low lvl stuff, so the loss is still so small it doesn't hurt too bad, but this info will help once the clicks are more expensive on what to do and not do.

Cylo, I agree with everything the others have said before me. Also if I were you, I would not put the slider all the way to the right unless I had a SIB on the BP.

Jman

Cylo, I agree with everything the others have said before me. Also if I were you, I would not put the slider all the way to the right unless I had a SIB on the BP.

Jman

What does SIB stand for? I told you I was still a noob and learning the accronyms still :)

sib=skill increase bonus

when you look at the bp info it will tell you never, not yet, or not anymore. same when you use sib weapons, fap's etc

Are you feeling lucky, hatchling?

As Kerham said, stackables always go for quantity.

Now you see, I'm not convinced about this...

I'm not a hugely experienced crafter by any means.. Most of what I craft is Components. But pushing the slider to the right does actually increase the average number of components made in a successful click, and also increases the amount of residue created, although obviously the number of successful clicks drops.

As nvcK hinted, crafting on Condition is like hunting or mining on CND, you get far more no loots, but the average hit will tend to be larger.

All I know for sure is that my one and only crafting HoF was about a month ago on Basic Screws and I had the slider about halfway (QR on that BP was 73% so the Bar was mostly yellow, not Red)

But like I said, I'm a Hunter not a Crafter, so listen to others first..

I thought your question about the bar was going to be "What time does it open?" :)

PS We don't have any drinks at the moment but we're expecting a shipment soon.

Back