Question about Weapons & Decay/Effect

Wiseman

Dominant
Society
Swedish Heroes
Wiseman
Sorry if this is somewhere in the forum, but I didnt find it.
Oh, and sorry if this is in wrong forum to... ^^
"noobscorner" would maybe be more correct ;)
So, with that out of the way...

I was looking at the Mindark page, and when reading the "Fee" section, I found this.

"For example, a hunting weapon wears in relation to the number of shots discharged. The wear level is indicated via status information on the screen and can also be noticed by reduced performance in the object. The normal service fee for an active user lies between 0.5 and 1.5 USD per hour."

I have always been thinking that ARMOR is the only items that works better
repaird. I also got thoughtfull some year ago & repaird my scope & laser.
Some people said it could even lower your capability if using
scopes & lasers at low TT value....
Other stuff I also try if I can, to have repaird, even weapons.

But, I have always thought that weapons works just as good fully repaird,
as they would do when they are close to break. I have considerd that the
performance of the weapon could be worse, but lets say atleast 95% of
everyone I asked, or spoke to about the case, says it has no effect.

In the ex above, that is obviesly not the case? (Or is "weapon" just an "example" in the example?) :confused:

Last edited:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/items/55287-efficiency-scopes-lasers.html

Even though the initial post shows data that seems to support that idea, no one else was able to replicate it.

Weapons do damage in a uniform distribution between min damage and max damage, so the only way that low condition could affect it would be in misses, hence the thread above.

Edit: i see now that first thread i linked runs on quite a while before much else is said. Better to follow https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ency-scopes-lasers-statistics-discussion.html , a newer thread on the same matter.

My follow up test was inconclusive about decay mattering, but did support the hypothesis that attachments do help reduce misses:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/items/55287-efficiency-scopes-lasers-6.html#post659287

Here's something to consider, though. Every melee hunter in game regularly decays their weapon to the breaking point, or near it. If low tt condition reduces weapon effectiveness, wouldn't it be rather unfair to them?

Last edited:
Thing is here, who says that is has to be a connection to the damage the gun does? it could just as well be soemthign to do with loot, ie a fully rep gun would give you a slightly bigger chance for better stuff or a few pec more on each mob and so on, which nobody has checked.

Thing is here, who says that is has to be a connection to the damage the gun does? it could just as well be soemthign to do with loot, ie a fully rep gun would give you a slightly bigger chance for better stuff or a few pec more on each mob and so on, which nobody has checked.

LOL

That isn't even implied by MA's words, nor does it make sense from any perspective i can imagine.

Back